Roaming/Zerging condi experience!

Noha.3749

Yo!

What is your experience with Condi revenants in WvW?

Will it work as a cheesebuild to certain extent or is it utterly terrible?

Have any of you had any success with shortbow?

I made this thread to try and bring some life to Condi variations for WvW/spvp.

We all know how to play power and where it works or not, but Condi revenants are quite a mystery in PvP scenarios. Its like no one is giving them a chance at all, not even for fun!

My own experience is that its very hard to do any meaningful damage in zergs, with a powerbuild i can pretty much aim the mouse and headbutt my keyboard to see some nice 5 digit numbers. Ive tried Kalla/Mallyx to little success, i pretty much use up my shortbow abilities in Kalla, throw in some bombardments and once things collide i try to place some Unyielding Anguish AoEs in the middle of the enemy blob. Kinda lame how i have to "save up" energy to be able to do it though, not very effective...

Tell me your condi stories/experiences in WvW/sPvP! <3

In my experience only condi herald seems to work well for roaming. It might seem terrible for some because they're trying to use that old pvp build with staff and Retribution traits. Offhand sword and Invocation work much better in my opinion. More mobility and damage, more stun breaks, and I can use Deathstrike if immobiized rather than slow-ass Renewing Wave. Also I don't see a need for passive defenses when I have access to dire/trailblazer gear.

For renegade I think hybrid gear (grieving) works best, especially if you want to use a shortbow. With those stats I can sometimes down glassy enemies like thieves by just autoattacking for a few seconds, probably 3-4 sec with Impossible Odds. The lack of defense makes me return to condi herald after awhile though.

For zerg gameplay I don't think condi works well in general unless you're playing something like scourge. It is fun though to run around absorbing and transferring conditions with Pain Absorption / Facet of Nature and Pulsating Pestilence / True Nature. It provides decent anti-condi support for your team and you can down some enemies if you're lucky.

@"Noha.3749" said:Yo!

What is your experience with Condi revenants in WvW?

Will it work as a cheesebuild to certain extent or is it utterly terrible?

Have any of you had any success with shortbow?

I made this thread to try and bring some life to Condi variations for WvW/spvp.

We all know how to play power and where it works or not, but Condi revenants are quite a mystery in PvP scenarios. Its like no one is giving them a chance at all, not even for fun!

My own experience is that its very hard to do any meaningful damage in zergs, with a powerbuild i can pretty much aim the mouse and headbutt my keyboard to see some nice 5 digit numbers. Ive tried Kalla/Mallyx to little success, i pretty much use up my shortbow abilities in Kalla, throw in some bombardments and once things collide i try to place some Unyielding Anguish AoEs in the middle of the enemy blob. Kinda lame how i have to "save up" energy to be able to do it though, not very effective...

Tell me your condi stories/experiences in WvW/sPvP! <3

It's not that condi Revenant is a mystery, it's that it is a weaker build choice. Most people play PvP to win as losing match after match is not fun for a lot of people. When Renegade came out people did give it a chance, it's just that it didn't produce results just as good as power. I've made use of condi Renegade in PvP and WvW. It did better in WvW but all things considered my power Herald build yielded better overall results. Shortbow really needs a rework and some mobility added to it.

@Trepidation Lost.3469 said:I main condi rev at the moment and it’s op as hell, I do 24 second poisons and 20 second torments and I have 4K armour...only weakness is heavy cc spam ? and even then I have stun breaks and stabI’m glad no one plays it because if this became mainstream I’d play a different game

mind sharing the build :) ? its not like a majority of players reads these forums anyway ^^

Condi rev is pretty solid, certainly not trash tier in WvW at least. That spot is reserved for Kalla Renegade. ;) Just have to lower your expectations a bit when you first start playing and having a good understanding of other classes really helps. Also more effective in WvW than PvP i reckon due to gear/sigil/rune variety.

in zerg wvw fight condi renegade or herald will perform when the enemy already down or used all his skills to cleanse. which means your dmg will use to tag enemy but not helping your team much

scourge shines cause the ability to corrupt which enhance the ability of his dmg output.

Archived