[ELE PVE and Living Story] Share your ELE build with me

Relaroca.6059

I must confess that I really suck at fighting with any class. I honestly feel more comfortable working with a DPS class mid/long rangHowever I invested to much time and gold on this char to just create a new char. and build a new everything. So here goes my noobish question: What skills, weapon and traits (armour and skill) should I focus to survive on PVE and Living Story? (Stuck on Season 3 episode 5)

So the goal is to not die when in a more harsh environment.

I have been using dagger/warhorn and the signetsI have almost finish my Tempest build (missing 25points to complete it and start weaver)The whole set is exotic, and will need to do fractals in order to gather materials to build ascension gear and weaponry.

Any feedback is a welcome feedback.

And I apologies if this was already asked in the forum.

I don't know what e-spec you have, but if you want to farm mobs without "optimising your dps" : play arcanes-water and fire/air/weaver/tempest with full berserker or viperin and roll-faceWith tempest it's even more easy due to large and spammable overload and the 40% protection, play tempest-arcane-air, like this https://discretize.eu/builds/elementalist/power-tempest but with dagger/wh for open-world, scepter for HP or bosses.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:I don't know what e-spec you have, but if you want to farm mobs without "optimising your dps" : play arcanes-water and fire/air/weaver/tempest with full berserker or viperin and roll-faceWith tempest it's even more easy due to large and spammable overload and the 40% protection, play tempest-arcane-air, like this https://discretize.eu/builds/elementalist/power-tempest but with dagger/wh for open-world, scepter for HP or bosses.

I think this is the build i actually use but gonna check better at home what I may improve scepter i never tried.Thank you for the feedback :smiley:

@Relaroca.6059 said:

@"VanWilder.6923" said:I use my Ele's builds from
for open world PvE, Fractal and WvW, pure dps.Playing Ele need to know when to retreat, repositioning.

So I checked the Builds but I see it is dedicated to Raids and PVP, would it be wise to use it as well on PVE content?I use the pure dps builds for open world PvE, story, Fractal and WvW.For open World PvE, I only die when AFK, HoT metas, the staff build helps to tag as many mobs as I can.Fractal, Never got kicked.WvW, Follow tag and spam Meteror Shower, die a lot if not carefulStory, Never had trouble soloing.

Thats my experience.

@VanWilder.6923 said:

@VanWilder.6923 said:I use my Ele's builds from
for open world PvE, Fractal and WvW, pure dps.Playing Ele need to know when to retreat, repositioning.

So I checked the Builds but I see it is dedicated to Raids and PVP, would it be wise to use it as well on PVE content?I use the pure dps builds for open world PvE, story, Fractal and WvW.For open World PvE, I only die when AFK, HoT metas, the staff build helps to tag as many mobs as I can.Fractal, Never got kicked.WvW, Follow tag and spam Meteror Shower, die a lot if not carefulStory, Never had trouble soloing.

Thats my experience.

I definitly will check once home. I feel like my build is a candle in the wind is i don't spam healing on myself.

@Relaroca.6059 said:

@steki.1478 said:Nothing beats FA tempest builds. Easy to play, decent damage+vulnerability output, relatively tanky (protection, blinds from glyph/warhorn/scepter) and quite easy to rally on (overloads, downed lava font).

Explain me like i'm five years old. What do you mean by FA?

FA = fresh air, grandmaster air trait.

If you are having issues with story instances and solo open world pve, try something like this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQBFSxgCI20AfGQHxiAgJcJvA1wgAwEoI62ant5WA

I havent set the gear or weapons, you can use your own. Marauders stats if you are having issues, swap each piece to berserkers as you get more confident.The strat is to attract a group of mobs (about 5 or more, depending on how confident you are or how strong they are), cast gliph of storms in earth attunement (this will make a sand storm that blinds foes, so they cant hit you), pull your conjured hammer and get into air attunement. Use your hammer auto-attack and skill 4 (invoke lightening) untill your air overload is ready. Use air overload. If there is anything still alive, swap to earth and use your warhorn (drop the hammer) #5. That will make another blinding storm that will not let mobs hit you. Swap back into air, grab the hammer that is on the ground, and keep swinging untill you can overload air again. If things are still around, swap back into earth and see if your gliph is out of CD for another blind field.

When you start to get better in the combat (dodges, mobility, etc) you can start to try to use earth less and use fire for more dmg fields. You can swap your fire traits to deal more dmg and rely less on blind fields.

If you face a champ with a break-bar, use your CC skills from air (warhorn #4, dagger #3 twice) and water (warhorn #4) and in your hammer (#3 and #5 followed by #2). Then proceed to do dmg (air attunement, air #5, overload and hammer auto-attack)

good luck!

Weaver:Take ALOT condi, some vita and some burn/bleed duration. Spec everything condi in fire earth weaver. Then go there, press primordial stance, fire signet and firestorm while switching between fire and earth and just wreck stuff even if you get downed.You can even spec weaver water arcane and still oneshot 5 random mobs with one primordial stance, it's so op.....

Works with every weapon comp, even with the anti-condi-weapon named staff. Just Smash Buttons and make sure to press primordial, as it even works while stunned… You can take stunbreak signet of elemental power instead of the storm. Is especially funny with sword as you can pretty mush faceroll through your dualskills as all with earth or fire provide some condi dmg. On weaver traitline take the Sword vita trait, condiduration and barrier on dodge.

usually: all marauder, leadership runes for boon duration, dragons revelry starfood and tin of fruitcake, fire, arcane, weaver with sword dagger or staff, depending on situation.

in weaver 322/323, in arcane 3XX (forgot), in fire 112 I think. Might be wrong. Has been a while I touched it.

tried weaver/arcane/air with air fresh air, and elements of range on weaver line. Fun. Not tried lw episodes with it yet.

I remember waltzing through LS3 on FA tempest. It's kind of nerfed now, but should still be enough for what the story bosses throw at you. FA staff/scepter tempest's easy for those fights because you have both close range and long range attacks basically on call whenever you need it, extra burst heal whenever you need it, and pretty good survival skills so you're versatile.

I've been running full zerk sw/d weaver ever since PoF came out (only turning to staff when I need the range/fighting large bosses) and it's a lot of fun, but if you're having trouble with tempest, weaver might be a bit of a learning curve.

I have few personal types of build for every elementalist. I call them all "simulators of dying":

1. Meta-simulation staff build:fire 1,1,1 air 3,3,1 temp 3,2,1 // you can pick any skills... doesn't metter... you will die
  2. Good-simulation sw/dagarcan (any), water (any), weaver (doesnt really metter) // you can pick any skills... doesn't metter... you will die

Being and playing elementalist means "dying". If you don't like to die - be anyone alse.And btw thanks ANET :) for this great simulator.

There are a lot of different variants you can take, but what works best depends on your playstyle.

As others have mentioned, Fresh-air tempest with scepter/X (Warhorn is a good mid-range dps/sustain weapon, while focus is better defensively, especially against enemies with lots of projectiles or condis, dagger is good for something more aggressive) is a great choice for story instances. Scepter gives you range to kite away and not die, while air overload spam gives you enough aoe to clear large groups.

Dagger/X can also be used as long as you are good at playing the mid-range game. Dagger can actually hit further than most melee attack range, so you can stay aggressive and still dance just outside of danger often. Regardless, many enemies in HoT have tons of condi, so when playing on your own, you will probably want to take some combination of:

• Water + Arcana to get condi cleans (cleansing water + ele attunement + evasive arcana)
  • Water + tempest (take regen + vigor on aura trait with cleansing water)
  • Focus + Fire (Smothering auras + automatic fire-aura on fire swaps + Focus lets you cleanse 3 condis every time you swap to fire)
  • Ether Renewal (I personally can't stand the heal that takes forever)Dagger is also the best weapon for mob farming as air auto is one of the best weapons for tagging lots of enemies.

With weaver, for PvE I find the following combos work well:

• Dagger/Dagger works well with air (gain superspeed on swapping to air + fresh air) + weaver (get regen on gaining superspeed) + water (cleansing water) for heavy condi, or go more agressive and just take evasive arcana as your main condi cleanse
  • Sword/Dagger works well with air + arcana + weaver, but you really need to be careful about backing off and not getting over-run (which is quite easy due to the very close-range).

As for gear, if you are having trouble staying alive, a little bit of healing power and toughness are not terrible things. I personally always keep a couple pieces of celestial on, and have a couple or celestial rings I can swap on when things get tough.

Also, I would not recommend scholar runes necessarily, as they are hard to keep up 90% health most of the time when just solo. Ele can stack might quite well, and strength runes are still a pretty great option for eles.

Archived