Dragon Skin for Griffon- Not Wyvern skin

Chasind.3128

Because Dragons have 4 legs and a set of back wings & can fly---- People often get this confused, much like unicorns; they were never rainbow horses or described to be horses but that is another debate for another time.

Wyverns only have back legs and are more bat like- so their arms are their wings. Like Daenerys "Dragons" (They're actually wyverns) Your fantasy reptile reference Here

I would like a Dragon skin for the griffon. A fey dragon, a scaly epic dragon, a fire dragon, frost dragon, feathered dragon, dark dragon, skeletal dragon, clockwork dragon
All of the DRAGONS

@"Chasind.3128" said:Because Dragons have 4 legs and a set of back wings & can fly---- People often get this confused, much like unicorns; they were never rainbow horses or described to be horses but that is another debate for another time.

Wyverns only have back legs and are more bat like- so their arms are their wings. Like Daenerys "Dragons" (They're actually wyverns) Your fantasy reptile reference Here

I would like a Dragon skin for the griffon. A fey dragon, a scaly epic dragon, a fire dragon, frost dragon, feathered dragon, dark dragon, skeletal dragon, clockwork dragon

All of the DRAGONS

I wonder with the 'Deagon Lore' in GW 2, if that is maybe not possible?

To be fair if you look at folklore and mythology from around the world there are numerous examples of dragons (or creatures called dragons when translated into English) which have 2 legs or no legs...and I think at least one with 6 legs but I cannot remember where it's from or what it's called. In modern (post Tolkien) western fantasy generally dragons have 4 legs and 2 wings and wyverns have 2 legs and 2 wings, and can sometimes be more birdlike, although they always have predominantly reptilian features. But even then there are exceptions - even in Guild Wars, there's the Canthan Saltspray Dragons (which may or may not be related to 'true' dragons) which have 2 legs and wings.

As for your suggestion my first impulse is yes, definitely. I love dragons (of all varieties) and would love to be able to ride one in GW2. But the lore is a bit of a problem since dragons as a whole are pretty rare (at least in modern times, GW1's bone dragons imply they may have been more numerous at some point in the past...possibly only in Orr) and at present we've encountered precisely 3 dragons whose attitude towards us is not "kill on sight". Two of those are dead so that leaves just Aurene, and I think it would be unpopular if they gave us Aurene as a griffon skin and then everyone was riding the one unique, special dragon around. (I'll be very surprised if we don't get to ride her at some point - it seems obvious to me and she is currently using the griffon model - but probably only in a story instance.)

One option is to wait until we get to Cantha and give us saltspray dragon mounts, or some other non-elder dragon related variant, but that could be a long wait.

The other option is to ignore the lore and do it anyway because they would sell like proverbial hotcakes. Which arguably they've already done with branded and awakened mounts - both groups which are supposed to be hostile to us. But I imagine the objections would be much stronger in this case.

@"Chasind.3128" said:Because Dragons have 4 legs and a set of back wings & can fly---- People often get this confused, much like unicorns; they were never rainbow horses or described to be horses but that is another debate for another time.

All of the DRAGONS

The word drake means dragon in swedish :D

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Wyverns only have back legs and are more bat like- so their arms are their wings. Like Daenerys "Dragons" (They're actually wyverns) Your fantasy reptile reference

All of the DRAGONS

Well...with Glint, Gleam, etc. of specific Dragons who were good of nature then it could be possible. I don't know if anyone ever went into detail of the ins and outs of the difference or history that changed certain dragons evil and kept some good or what ever may have happened to the good dragons other than the very few we know of. I do know that, as a hunter, you can tame certain dragon kin, like drakes, that "makes" them "good." It's something to wonder about. Would love to be able to have a dragon mount as well.

@"Danikat.8537" said:To be fair if you look at folklore and mythology from around the world there are numerous examples of dragons (or creatures called dragons when translated into English) which have 2 legs or no legs...and I think at least one with 6 legs but I cannot remember where it's from or what it's called.

Maybe you're thinking of Tarasque? That's a mythological dragon that not only has six legs, but is usually depicted as very different from the standard western fantasy dragon.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

Wyverns only have back legs and are more bat like- so their arms are their wings. Like Daenerys "Dragons" (They're actually wyverns) Your fantasy reptile reference

All of the DRAGONS

The word drake means dragon in swedish :D

The word "drake" means male duck in English. Maybe we could have a duck mount? Only two legs though...

@kapri.5918 said:

All of the DRAGONS

Well...with Glint, Gleam, etc. of specific Dragons who were good of nature then it could be possible. I don't know if anyone ever went into detail of the ins and outs of the difference or history that changed certain dragons evil and kept some good or what ever may have happened to the good dragons other than the very few we know of. I do know that, as a hunter, you can tame certain dragon kin, like drakes, that "makes" them "good." It's something to wonder about. Would love to be able to have a dragon mount as well.

That was addressed during the PoF story. Glint was 'cured' of Kralkatorrik's corruption by the Forgotten using a ritual which seems similar to the one the Priory used to break some risen free of Zhaitan's influence. (The previous story is that Kralk ordered Glint to watch the races of Tyria while he was hibernating and over time she came to understand and care about them and wanted to help them instead of destroy them. That may have been a misunderstanding or it may have been Glint's version of events or simply a way of not telling the full story because she seemed unwilling to do more than hint at the existance of the Elder Dragons.) And then because Vlast and Aurene were born after Glint was cured they weren't under Kralkatorrik's control either. But so far they've been shown to be a very rare exception.

It's possible that at some point in Tyria's past there were more dragons which may have been independent of the Elder Dragons and may even have been less aggressive and dangerous, but that would be tens of thousands of years ago, if not longer, and we don't know what happened to them.

The drakes and wyverns which rangers can tame appear to be completely different, unrelated creatures. They're much smaller, can't speak and don't seem able to understand speech any more than any tame animal, and don't have any magical powers beyond what's normal for Tyria (where absolutely everything has some degree of magic).

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:To be fair if you look at folklore and mythology from around the world there are numerous examples of dragons (or creatures called dragons when translated into English) which have 2 legs or no legs...and I think at least one with 6 legs but I cannot remember where it's from or what it's called.

Maybe you're thinking of
? That's a mythological dragon that not only has six legs, but is usually depicted as very different from the standard western fantasy dragon.

Yes! That's the one. :)

I completely forgot about the bear legs though.

Archived