Build help needed

kazaa.9140

Since you're running weaver I'm assuming you use the water trait line, if this is the case you can choose the cantrip cd reduction trait.

Doing this allows you to equip Mist Form, which is a stunbreak and now will give you vigor (more dodges) and remove a condition on a 48 sec cooldown, but even better - you get 3 seconds of no physical/condition damage taken while you move 66% faster to boot - this is great for modes like PvE or WvW. Best part is you can still swap attunements while in mist form, proccing the associated traits that goes with it.

As far as stunbreaks go, your safest bets are the weaver spin, mist form, arcane shield and armor of earth. Each have their advantages. For damage arcane or glyph type of skills are the way to go.

Best I can do without knowing more about your build :)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_elementalist_skills

@"rng.1024" said:Since you're running weaver I'm assuming you use the water trait line, if this is the case you can choose the cantrip cd reduction trait.

Doing this allows you to equip Mist Form, which is a stunbreak and now will give you vigor (more dodges) and remove a condition on a 48 sec cooldown, but even better - you get 3 seconds of no physical/condition damage taken while you move 66% faster to boot - this is great for modes like PvE or WvW. Best part is you can still swap attunements while in mist form, proccing the associated traits that goes with it.

As far as stunbreaks go, your safest bets are the weaver spin, mist form, arcane shield and armor of earth. Each have their advantages. For damage arcane or glyph type of skills are the way to go.

Best I can do without knowing more about your build :)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_elementalist_skills

My build is fire 1,1,1,- air 3,2,1 and weaver 1,2,1sword/dagger, got the signet of fire, storm glyph

Twist of fate is the best stun break on ele currently. As for damage either hammer for burst, some quickness and cc (5+2 and 3) or primordial stance for sustained cleave (use in fire/air for trash mobs or fire/fire on bosses). You can also run both and ditch fire signet.

Running this setup you are very likely to cap out on 100% critical chance. You have very good fury uptime too, so I suggest you get your critical chance to 80% then pour stats elsewhere for maximum stat efficiency (either power for max dps or vitality for sustain).

This might even allow you to let go of the signet, which frankly does not give you good value as your 3 utility skills as an elementalist are important. The glyph is questionable, but can be quite useful in alot of situations so keep it if you want.

As for the stunbreak, I agree with @steki.1478 that Twist of Fate will give you the most utility here, since it has charges and doesn't lock you out of skills for it's duration (superspeed is also nice).

So instead of signet, I would strongly advice you to equip something that counters condition damage, as right now you only have weapon skills gated behind a 4 second (no arcane line) global cd. The best options I can see for this, are Stone Resonance (instant), Mist Form (stunbreak) and/or Ether Renewal (low cd). If you choose to use ether renewal, between that and your weapon skills (and maybe a sigil) you should be fine on cleanses and can use the last utility slot on something else. I'd say Arcane Wave (5 target, blast finisher, always crits) or Lightning Flash (40 sec cd teleport) would be the ones worth looking at.

Just remember theorycrafting is just that, and when you test your build in action you are bound to find something that is necessary, works better or is lacking from your build. Just keep shaving off/adding elements until you find the precise balance of survivability vs damage, there are no bad choices if it helps you play the way you enjoy :)

I've decided to go with unravel for the might with fire and fury with lightning, mainly for the fury as it also dashes out a boost in ferocity and so with some consumables, the number 3 attack while unraveled into lightning has a good dps :) thanks for the suggestions! Will probably swap according to situation though

Archived