Rework Level Rewards

How many of you have multiple characters and after the 3rd or 4th character wish certain level rewards would change?I’m not talking of changing everything, but rather certain things like the dyes, armor and weapon stats, and choice of edibles.Is there a downside to having selectable stats for soul-bound armor and weapons at lower levels?I know the amount of work to put into the task would be front-heavy, but it wouldn’t require constant upgrades or maintenance once implemented.

Typically, such things matter for so short a time that it just doesn't matter. How long does it take to get 5 or 10 levels and have either better gear dropped or new gear from the TP take its place for 10s? Hardly seems worth the effort.

Unless it's a new account, or like me an account with new alt account(s) that still need unlocks, the dyes sell.

Consumables - just use them, even if they aren't optimal for your build. Again, leveling up, it just doesn't matter.

So sure, improvements could be made, more choices could be offered, but in the end those things don't have much of an impact.

By my fifth character, I was already using tomes to level up to 80 (which is like 78 clickboxes before you can get rid of that annoying level up chest). By this point, I'd probably have played enough COE or COF to have enough tokens for berserker's armour right off the bat and had the gold to fork out for a set of scholar runes and ruby exotic trinkets.

Admittedly, when you level up this way and have all of the gear you need, level up armour and trinkets become a little redundant. It would be nice to have the option of skiping these rewards, I guess?

@"Westenev.5289" said:By my fifth character, I was already using tomes to level up to 80 (which is like 78 clickboxes before you can get rid of that annoying level up chest). By this point, I'd probably have played enough COE or COF to have enough tokens for berserker's armour right off the bat and had the gold to fork out for a set of scholar runes and ruby exotic trinkets.

Admittedly, when you level up this way and have all of the gear you need, level up armour and trinkets become a little redundant. It would be nice to have the option of skiping these rewards, I guess?

or change all the "select an item" ones to either giving you everything or just convert to celestial if it selecting between different stats then allow 'right click to accept' feature to work with them.

For berserker gear it is probably faster to get the gold than the tokenshttps://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tp/search?name=zhedhttps://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tp/search?name=nika&type=Armorhttps://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tp/search?name=devona

@Westenev.5289 said:Admittedly, when you level up this way and have all of the gear you need, level up armour and trinkets become a little redundant. It would be nice to have the option of skiping these rewards, I guess?

It would be nice if they would introduce a vendor where you can trade in Tomes of Knowledge for a LV80 boost. Since the boost gives you armor, dyes, etc, it should cost more than 80 tomes. 120 maybe?

Of course such a change would rob us all of the very lucrative LV 64 reward....

I also wish to add that I created my account in Feb 2018, and on my 1st character with no resources, no gold, and very little understanding of the differences in GW2 vs other MMOs, I found the leveling experience to be very straightforward, especially when it came to gear. I recall occasionally hitting the TP up for very inexpensive upgrades, but on the whole, the Personal Story rewards and level rewards were sufficient to keep me going until LV80. I'm sure at some points I was using gear that should have been replaced, but it didn't seem to hinder my progress.

Knowing what I do now the process would be much faster and more efficient, but overall I'd give the GW2 leveling experience a high rating.

I'd rather see them replace some of the birthday items that are unique so that you don't get duplicates of something you can only use once. The level-up rewards are fine as-is imo. The idea of opting out is fine, although I don't understand why some people would rather get nothing than something.

@Biff.5312 said:The level-up rewards are fine as-is imo. The idea of opting out is fine, although I don't understand why some people would rather get nothing than something.

If you are using scrolls and tomes to bypass the leveling experience, level rewards represent a lot of clicking, and offer almost nothing of value. Most of them can neither be sold nor salvaged -- leaving delete/confirm as the only option to get rid of them. It's a tedium tax to bypass leveling.

Archived