So... Mirage Mirrors.

glenndevis.8327

I was wondering what the general opinion is on the Mirage Mirrors since the got buffed when PoF launched.

Personally I still think they should be reworked. I still don't like having to run to a certain location to get a Mirage Cloak & Ambush.I don't think that simply increasing the duration or adding some extra effects to shattering them is going to make it any more fun as a mechanic.

I really like them when used with Infinite Horizon staff and axe clones on a condi build taking self deception and deceptive evasion. The mirrors in conjunction with dodges and IA allow me to trigger frequent 3 clone ambushes which on staff in particular is pretty nice.

My issue is there isn't enough access to mirrors.

Sand through glass ought to be a ~10second cooldown skill, similar to bandit's defence that would make it a competitive stunbreak, evade, mirror and clone generator when traited.It could also then function as a backwards "dodge" allowing for easier time getting out of AoEs (for anyone complaining about lack of mobility on mirage dodge).

Mirage advance ought to create a mirror at the initial location that when you port back to gives you mirage cloak.

And False Oasis could be a 20s heal and not be overpowered compared with Ether Feast as it is a heal over time rather than burst heal.

I think they're in a decent spot right now considering. I do think it would be interesting if we could trait them to "shatter" when they expire even if we don't pick them up, dealing higher damage and some conditions in an AoE around them (hmm, could go right where IH is if that pesky trait were removed). If tuned properly would give us some more battlefield control, as well as give mirage's another playstyle to choose from (spawning mirrors not for the cloak but to let them expire).

@OriOri.8724 said:I think they're in a decent spot right now considering. I do think it would be interesting if we could trait them to "shatter" when they expire even if we don't pick them up, dealing higher damage and some conditions in an AoE around them (hmm, could go right where IH is if that pesky trait were removed). If tuned properly would give us some more battlefield control, as well as give mirage's another playstyle to choose from (spawning mirrors not for the cloak but to let them expire).

This is a very interesting idea. ANet could have implemented a new Shatter especially for Mirage Mirrors. Instead of triggering them when you run through them you can shatter the mirrors - would work in the same way as usual Shatters with 1 / 2 / 3 stacks increasing the duration of Mirage Cloak. Would fit Mesmer better than what we have now imho.

@BlunterMonk.2089 said:would be decent if there was a utility skill with say 3 charges, that would let you teleport to any mirrors you had out and trigger them. Then increase the duration on mirrors a good amount.

You mean Jaunt? Because that's basically all its good for with such a limited range

@OriOri.8724 said:

@BlunterMonk.2089 said:would be decent if there was a utility skill with say 3 charges, that would let you teleport to any mirrors you had out and trigger them. Then increase the duration on mirrors a good amount.

You mean Jaunt? Because that's basically all its good for with such a limited range

well or u can kill ur enemy with it after he dodge rolled away and is vunerable, since dodge roll is 300 and jaunt is 450.

Krait runes.combo finisher LEAP

@OriOri.8724 said:

Jaunt can help you stack massive amounts of Confusion. It's a great skill on a low CD. Something like BlunterMonk said is another nice way to solve the problem with collecting Mirrors.

To talk about mirrors , when played right u can decide where ur mirrors are , except with disto, and even there ; they are close to ur enemy.For all other mirrors, u'll know where there are going to be, u have to learn using them.

Why wouldnt u want to be near ur enemy when ur invunerable?Mirrage is aggressive, cause it has the tools to disengage very good, and therefore mirrors at ur enemy are nice too.IF the mirror shatter hits, its great too , just additional aoe dmg + weakness.

Absolutely horrible, it was a ludicrous idea that only came to fruition because they had an art asset they just HAD to use - form over function in other words, which sums up this mess of an elite spec as a whole. In a game where your life depends on positioning and mobility, any form of "hey, you have to walk over and touch this thing" is atrocious design even IF the reward for doing so was significant, which it isn't.

Just seems to work contrast to the Mirage's design and, honestly, just doesn't feel good to work around. They don't play into the idea of deception. Your position is typically compromised by moving to them. Their damage and whatnot is mostly unimportant, I think we can all agree, since it isn't too much and it is pretty unlikely to hit in the first place.

It needs a rework, I think. It doesn't have enough purpose in the current iteration of Mirage to justify keeping it around.

I think it works great in PVE. With Dune Cloak, they represent a decent burst of damage, i.e. 2 stacks of Bleeds, and Ambush. With Distorted Dessert, you gain another option for helping your ramp up time against the next enemy. Still exploring potential uses for setting up iframes for specific Fractal mechanics, so rather excited about that when I have more time for Fractals this weekend.

@Nyel.1843 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

Jaunt can help you stack massive amounts of Confusion. It's a great skill on a low CD. Something like BlunterMonk said is another nice way to solve the problem with collecting Mirrors.

Hmm

Massive3 stacks on 20s CD

I think we have different definitions of "massive."

On topic, mirrors are an awful idea and need to be completely rethought. They're by far the worst aspect of mirage.

There isn't a ton of incentive to actually go and pick up mirage mirrors in my opinion. I felt like I was picking them up just for the sake of picking them up at some points.

One thing I guess you can do is distortion shatter when u have 3 clones, then have 3 mirage mirrors and slowly use them over the period of the 15 seconds they are up. It works kinda ok I guess, but I feel like there needs to be something else added for them. There is one buff that currently helps you a bit by giving you boons when you have the mirage effect, but I think something needs to be added to them skill wise or trait wise.

Perhaps the mirage mirror itself gives some type of buff or damage boost whenever you pick up them up. Otherwise it just feels incomplete.

Also infinite horizon is too good not to take, so just make it default in my opinion. This reminds me of back when illusions had that grandmaster that applied the shatter effect to yourself, and it was so good that no one ever took it. It would help the mirage traitline a lot if they just made it default then redid the other grandmasters since they arn't that good.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Nyel.1843 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

Hmm

On topic, mirrors are an awful idea and need to be completely rethought. They're by far the worst aspect of mirage.

But Pyro, can't you math? That's like, 9 whole entire stacks of confusion in 1.5 seconds on a 60s CD if you blow all 3 charges at once! That's like, way OP, clearly beyond broken /s

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Nyel.1843 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

Hmm

If you use 3 Jaunts in a row you're right. But that's not how you use that skill. I think some of you don't understand the philosophy behind the Mirage and are not willing to adapt or develop a new playstyle. I agree that there are some issues but Mirage is nowhere near as bad as people want it to make.

@Nyel.1843 said:

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Nyel.1843 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

Hmm

If you use 3 Jaunts in a row you're right. But that's not how you use that skill. I think some of you don't understand the philosophy behind the Mirage and are not willing to adapt or develop a new playstyle. I agree that there are some issues but Mirage is nowhere near as bad as people want it to make.

Well, feel free to enlighten us on your magical method of extracting additional confusion stacks from jaunt.

It was a bad mechanic when a Dragonhunter trap had it.It was a bad mechanic when Revenant staff auto attack had it to try and provide support.Its a fucking horrendous mechanic when they design an entire elite spec around the idea that you don't have to move and can carry on attack while dodging now but then make you run all over the place to get the dodges.

I think it's an awkward design. I like the concept and idea. I do prefer if they did something AOE on expiry or if enemy touches them. I do prefer an F5 to consume mirrors or something so we can build up for a long duration evade that will help save us in high pressure situations. Continuum Split is pretty "op" after all, give us something good with Mirrors.

Personal experience, is that I actually died once running for a mirror. The renowned scenario.... I never thought it would actually happen but it did! an aoe field happened to land on the mirror and I was just about there...

Archived