(sugestion)1-time merchant,bank and so on,too expensive,please 1gem each

mula.7426

@mula.7426 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I've never spent a penny on those and I have dozens and dozens in my bank. I almost always get one of those items each week from the Chest of Black Lion Goods.

but u must not use that often, becuse that too high worth ,right???

No, because either I don't find them worth enough to take out of the bank, or I forget they are even in inventory. It's no bother, at all, to find a merchant, travel to any of the several places with a bank, or wait to pick up Gold, or the occasional item from the TP.

@mula.7426 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I've never spent a penny on those and I have dozens and dozens in my bank. I almost always get one of those items each week from the Chest of Black Lion Goods.

Press B, choose Obsidian Sanctum, find vendor. The only trick is not waiting until the last minute, when you're in the middle of a glorious farm, and you have no inventory slots. Frequent salvage-all + deposit-all etc.

I agree they're too expensive to be worth buying. But that's because I also agree with the people who say there's free alternatives. I think all maps have at least one merchant, you can sell on the Trading Post from anywhere and if you want to access the bank or pick up stuff from the Trading Post you can go to any WvW map or the PvP lobby and then use the exit button to go back to exactly where you were before.

It does help to plan ahead a bit - for example make sure you've got everything you need from your bank before you start a big meta event so you don't have to miss part of it, leave the map and hope you can get back into the same version. But that shouldn't happen often, especially because if you're doing meta events regularly you're more likely to get into the habit of picking up what you need in advance.

And then if you're only using the instant access items for the rare occasions when you forget something and really need it you'll have enough from login rewards and other free sources.

@Taygus.4571 said:I woyld pay 10gems for these and use them more often... they are ridiculously poor value right now.

this. so much. if they were worth 1 to 10 gems each, i would totally use them more often.

but honestly i just go to the PvP lobby (heart of mists) since you could return back to where you came from (all via the PvP menu) and it has everything i need (bank, merchants, TP). i only ever use the VIP amnoon pass from the deluxe edition if i need to craft things.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Press
B
, choose
Obsidian Sanctum
, find vendor. The only trick is not waiting until the last minute, when you're in the middle of a glorious farm, and you have no inventory slots. Frequent salvage-all + deposit-all etc.

Indeed, and the Obsidian Sanctum also has a bank and a trading post.

Failing that, if you have the Mistlock Sanctuary pass, go there and use the portal in the middle to go back to where you were.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:I woyld pay 10gems for these and use them more often... they are ridiculously poor value right now.

this. so much. if they were worth 1 to 10 gems each, i would totally use them more often.

but honestly i just go to the PvP lobby (heart of mists) since you could return back to where you came from (all via the PvP menu) and it has everything i need (bank, merchants, TP). i only ever use the VIP amnoon pass from the deluxe edition if i need to craft things.

I like them when dungeons or waiting on a meta and don't want to leave the map or farming..And they would totally be worth using for times like this if they were cheap. I'd be very surprised if these were a regurla seller at their current price.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

Press
B
, choose
Obsidian Sanctum
, find vendor. The only trick is not waiting until the last minute, when you're in the middle of a glorious farm, and you have no inventory slots. Frequent salvage-all + deposit-all etc.

Failing that, if you have the Mistlock Sanctuary pass, go there and use the portal in the middle to go back to where you were.

you don't need to use the portal now, just double click the scroll again ;)

@Taygus.4571 said:

Press
B
, choose
Obsidian Sanctum

you don't need to use the portal now, just double click the scroll again ;)

Useful. Thanks.

I think these type of items would be far more useful and far more enticing if they were charges that were stored in your wallet rather than items clogging up your inventory.

They could add buttons or a menu to use them to the inventory or hero panel, then they'd truly be convenience items.

These all have some utility/convenience, and as I have tons of them I don't think once about using them. They're not difficult to obtain in game, but the price in the gemstore is really, really out of whack for what they are. If they won't lower it, and I doubt they will, I hope they just remove them so some poor newbie isn't ripped off.

The worst offender is the revive orb; we all got one free and that's great but I would get quite the chuckle if they added "a 180 gem value!".

Archived