How to beat a burn guard as herald?

Aridon.8362

@Aridon.8362 said:Is this even possible? I'm having the most trouble trying to kill them and the meta seems to be switching to these block spamming burn tick enablers. I'm thinking maybe it's best to try using renegade to beat them to a pulp but even so I don't know if that will work.

Revenant worse enemies are condis, but burn guard it's a meme build which works only on bad players sorry to say that.

You should run cleansing sigil in staff, and don't waste glint's heal, staff4 would help too since burn guardian don't have many cover conditions like scourge or condi mirage, so it's easy to cleanse, you should learn they skills and use blocks and evades and burst them quickly.

But as revenant is normal to die a lot against condis, but you shouldn't have much problems against burn guard unless he gets you without cooldowns or by surprise.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Channelhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Cleansinghttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renewing_Wave

Burn guards can be a tough nut to crack so you will need to keep a closer eye on your cleansing while wearing them down for a good burst. Thankfully they don't have much variance in conditions. As for the burn blocking, just weapon stow and play defensively when they go into a block shield.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@Aridon.8362 said:I know it's pretty late but my guild lead helped me out in a mere few messages than the majority of you guys provided anything useful. Killing everything is pretty easy on Rev.

Wow what a salty unnecessary response ?

Yeah, I don't see why anyone would cast shade at folks who tried to be helpful. Of course your guild is going to provide faster help, you're interacting with them in real time and not waiting for someone to see a post, take interest in the topic, and then respond.

If FB: Either kite them when they pop tome (safe option) or if you have the energy just land a big enough burst that they have to cancel out of it to aegis/heal spam (faster/better choice against fb's that you know you're better than).... Once they're out of their Justice tome, use Phase Traversal to decimate them through their aegis with either a SotM+burst or just a quick PT+sw2/4 depending on how tanky they are/how much energy you have.

If core burn guard, just PT+burst them whenever you see them and collect their tears. Even if they get the drop on you with judges, burn guards don't have enough cover condis to really be a problem... Just legend swap while using staff 3 or 5 or RS or infused light to survive, and quick counter them.

Like, as with any other guardian build, they have a crazy hard time dealing with unblockable attacks and mobile builds, so go to town on them.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@Aridon.8362 said:I know it's pretty late but my guild lead helped me out in a mere few messages than the majority of you guys provided anything useful. Killing everything is pretty easy on Rev.

Some people here legit just straight up called me bad and others didn't reply back in the long run. And I'm the salty one? plz. ?

@Aridon.8362 said:

Some people here legit just straight up called me bad and others didn't reply back in the long run. And I'm the salty one? plz. ?

Yes, yes you are in fact the salty one. One person called you a bad player or rather implied it. You got five responses the same day you asked for help. Asking questions on the forums is never going to be the fastest way to get information. However, coming back to a thread just to cast shade at people because they didn't cater to you the instant you asked a question qualifies as both salty and unnecessary.

Let me clear up some myth :Guard got limited Condis. Wrong,DH Burn Guard can constantly without a sweat give you Burn, Cripple, Vulnerability from their passive.Additionally, Poison if pairs up with Sigil of Doom. That's 4 Condis in total already. (Was 6 before they take off Hydromancy and chance to bleed sigil )

Some advice on vs DH Burn Guard-Do not stand still on their Symbol, that's what triggers their AOE burn greatly.-Ressing teammate is a beautiful sight for Burn Guard, more AOE burn. He will not bother to stomp at all.-Burn stack takes time to stack, so the longer you prolong the battle, the more disadvantaged you are.-You will wear off in a long battle, the only way is to burst and force him to use virtue.

Archived