Erase WvW.Let us fight inside enemys open world maps~!

ezue.6513

I'd straight out leave the game. As in stop playing completely. And if I'd leave, I know a lot of other people would because few people have as much invested in this game as I do. I came here to get away from that sort of nonsense. In a game sold on open world cooperation, I'd hate having open world PvP in this game. I don't enjoy it but I can see how it can affect all sorts of stuff I do enjoy, even if I'm not flagged to participate.

Imagine this. 20% of the people are flagged. We're doing a huge event like Octovine. Another group attacks, and the next thing you know, my event is scaled, people are fighting each other instead of enemy AI we need to win, and it costs us the event. Possibly an event I have to wait two hours to do, because I need it for a collection.

In a game where you have quests hubs and fixed quests with no dynamic events, open world PvP can work. In a game like Guild Wars 2, with collections that depend on bounties, and temple events and meta events, and other events like the Vine Wrath, open world PvP would be so frustrating this game would no longer be worth further time investment on my part.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:As special as this post is, I would actually really like a toggle enabled open world PvP.

I agree with you.The idea of an open world dueling system is something i've grown quite fond to over the years despite not being a fan of PvP gameplay.

Perhaps a open world WvW element to PvE isn't the best option considering lag etc but I'd very much like to see more Guild based PvPvE content being added.Stumbling across several members of different guilds going at it in the open world would be a lot of fun to watch imo.Likewise seeing player banter end with an actual fight.

Sure PvE is about co-op but that doesn't mean we can't have some optional PvP elements in there.. specially ones that only effect those who want to be invovled with it.For everyone else who doesn't well they get to enjoy watching others who do.

@PrinceKhaled.5104 said:I very oddly support this post. Delete keeps, towers, siege and lets fight. Like I wouldn't mind it to be holding a point (like PvP) but with bigger amount of players and use PvE/WvW gear.

And how fun exactly do you think it will be when WvW dies because of it?

There is a reason we still WvW with wildly unbalanced populations and that is the objectives, because it gives us a chance to actually play the game. It offers a dynamic that keeps players interested - even if you cant beat the enemy zerg in open field, you might be able to do it in defense.

Just take your average WvW zerg evening and consider only the open field fights battles, nothing else. They may be fun sure, but one side usually dominates and most commanders give it a couple of times, then they are unable to even put up a fight anymore because people leave. Whats left is taking objectives just to keep morale up and at least try to fight at an advantage.

So do you want people to leave WvW? Cause thats how you make people leave WvW.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:And how fun exactly do you think it will be when WvW dies because of it?

There is a reason we still WvW with wildly unbalanced populations and that is the objectives, because it gives us a chance to actually play the game. It offers a dynamic that keeps players interested - even if you cant beat the enemy zerg in open field, you might be able to do it in defense.

Just take your average WvW zerg evening and consider only the open field fights battles, nothing else. They may be fun sure, but one side usually dominates and most commanders give it a couple of times, then they are unable to even put up a fight anymore because people leave. Whats left is taking objectives just to keep morale up and at least try to fight at an advantage.

So do you want people to leave WvW? Cause thats how you make people leave WvW.

No offense to your response, but you got it all wrong there sir/ma'am.

1- Why do you want a handful players to hold a T3 keep against a group of 25 players only because they got on a time zone when they have coverage?2- From your response, it doesn't sound like you play PvP much..... don't fight on the objective point outnumbered unless you know you can sustain it. If you're playing for PPT/capturing the objective point then switch maps.3- Why do you want a server with low time zone coverage to spend their couple hours playing at night sitting, yawning, boring, sleeping on their keybored to just treb a T3 keep only because the other server has better coverage and was able to capture a building so easily when the other server was dead?4- Why do you want the only key to win a match is "coverage" and ignore the factor of skill level and population out of the equation?

Whatever you are saying up there is basically: "Hey, I have better coverage than you then I deserve to win because you cant take my T3 objective since I will defend it with handful of players against your blob regardless of your advantage of being better skilled than me...…. yaaaay I win"Isn't any player vs player should be whoever is better win?

Now look at my proposal, you have better coverage, you will have more ppt across the time zone. We log in, assumingly better skilled and bigger in number in a time zone. Then we might have some chance to be competitive. You can even outsmart us with smaller numbers by going after other points.

I hope you have thick skin to my answer and see where I am coming from. This T3/siege crap only benefits servers with coverage...…. ignoring all other prospective of a genuine PvP concept. Again, you think the fight will be one sided, go cap another point, don't fight outnumbered..... easy! Now that's real tactical WvW/PvP in my opinion.

I think the only way this would work is if capturing an enemy spawn lets you invade their version of Lion's Arch/cultural home maps and allows people to fight you off from a limited space around the portal at the other end (like, you invade and capture the area like you would a camp, it gives a bonus to war score then resets and all enemies go back to WvW). It needs to be limited in that way to maps that have no meta events to not majorly screw up so many things, and this is if it went ahead at all.

This would work, provided there was a completely separate server created.. a PvP/PvE/WvW server or open world server. Then players would make characters on that server if they so choose. Many would likely do it, but many would not. You couldn't implement this in the game as it is now. This could be more of an addition to Gw3 if they ever make it.

Said it a few times before, that a good solution could be to make specific maps with either open world pvp, or just a variant of world vs world, or just consider your world/alliance to be your friendlies and everyone else your enemies. Put this on maps that have good rewards, basically risk vs reward maps. Top farming spots should be on these maps, you can still go to pure pve maps to farm in peace but at slightly lower gain.

At launch the Orr maps would have been good for this, for example. Basically separate into PVE, WVW, and Half PvWvE maps or something.

Archived