WvW Partpciaption will stop decaying after leaving WvW

SkyShroud.2865

This way players are not penalized through lost rewards by jumping from WvW directly into PvP matches or PvE content.You can still tick down in wvw if you want, this change will not stop that, or you can just preserve your current reward level the next time you jump into wvw.

I like this change.

@Samug.6512 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:What seriously? Then what's the point of even having participation build up if you're always going to be maxed?

Well it's probably going to decay while you'r offline, so unless you keep your computer running all the time, it's not going to be maxed all the time.Well either way I think it is just a sly way to "encourage" WvWers to boost the online PvE population just so they can come back with participation, not really help WvW or give it QoL. Because rest assured, lazy people
will
keep their computing running all the time just because of this... Anet might as well use that.

/tinfoilhat

@Samug.6512 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:What seriously? Then what's the point of even having participation build up if you're always going to be maxed?

Well it's probably going to decay while you'r offline, so unless you keep your computer running all the time, it's not going to be maxed all the time.

No it will only decay if you're in WvW doing nothing, once you leave WvW the timer will stop. Its an OTT solution to the issue of not cashing out but its a solution.

I'm way too lazy to keep my computer on when I logout with t6 participation (I do it all the time lol). I think for most players, we all know we will easily max our weekly pips anyway, but it will help wvw players QOL in general so we too can also have showers and cool stuff like that. I like it ;-)

I wonder if a minimum amount of time is needed in WvW before a tick is counted?

With some effort, getting to T6, then popping in and out of WvW for each tick could theoretically give many ticks for little to no time in WvW.

Do flax farm: pop back into WvWFarm nodes, pop back into WvW.And I am sure many other things are possible with little effort.

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:https://clips.twitch.tv/FrigidInquisitiveMelonGingerPower

A small QOL change. It will still continue to decay in WvW, the timer will just stop after you exit WvW.

So you want to keep max participation at all times? Do you feel it's that hard to actually play and build up your participation again? Do you feel it best if the devs just handed out rewards simply for loading in to wvw? How easy do we want reward systems to be under your vision?

Edit- It's helpful if you clearly state for readers that what you are posting is an official dev communication...

"From Stephane Lo Presti....xxclips...FrigidInquisitiveMelonGingerPower"

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:

A small QOL change. It will still continue to decay in WvW, the timer will just stop after you exit WvW.

So you want to keep max participation at all times? Do you feel it's that hard to actually play and build up your participation again? Do you feel it best if the devs just handed out rewards simply for loading in to wvw? How easy do we want reward systems to be under your vision?

I see it more of a way to get more people to get back into WvW after they've been doing fractals or raiding or whatever. They're more likely to get back into WvW if they know they'll get a reward on the next tick. I agree it's not that hard to get participation back up, but I don't mind people getting an extra chest or two once in a while.

I will try to abuse it very hard once it's live just to see if it's possible. I'm sure if it gets too bad and we really see people pop in every 4:30 to get the tick (since you only get it 10 seconds after 5 min are over just to be sure) they could change it so that leaving and reentering takes away 1 tier of participation or something.

@Djamonja.6453 said:Doesn't really seem worth the effort to hop back into WvW every 5 mins for the tick. Maybe they'll make it not give anything for the first tick.

Tier 6 takes once it starts degrading, takes 12 minutes to get below pip level. If we assume 30 seconds used each time trying to get pips, that’s 24 ticks for what someone else might get two to three. Yes, it’s extreme, but far from unlikely.

That isn’t even including the 10 minutes that one would likely leave WvW after getting. (Another theoretical 20 ticks.)

If all you are doing is some map competion stuff while popping in and out of WvW? Or node farming?

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:

I feel like I am losing out if I don't AFK in WvW for 20 minutes after I am done playing WvW for the time being. Feelsbadman.

@sostronk.8167 said:

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:

I feel like I am losing out if I don't AFK in WvW for 20 minutes after I am done playing WvW for the time being. Feelsbadman.

A lot of people have asked for a "cash out" function. That's probably what the devs will do at some point.

@Blocki.4931 said:I will try to abuse it very hard once it's live just to see if it's possible. I'm sure if it gets too bad and we really see people pop in every 4:30 to get the tick (since you only get it 10 seconds after 5 min are over just to be sure) they could change it so that leaving and reentering takes away 1 tier of participation or something.

well this will miss all possible outnumbered buffs to pips so as long as sudden spike of people every 4:30 won't kill outnumbered buff on the node it's ok I think.

@"Swagger.1459" said:Edit- It's helpful if you clearly state for readers that what you are posting is an official dev communication...

I didn't stop people from clicking the link....Well, I can't stop people from jumping to conclusion either.

@Apokriphos.7042 said:When will this happen?

I heard is coming patch, next week I think.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:Edit- It's helpful if you clearly state for readers that what you are posting is an official dev communication...

I didn't stop people from clicking the link....Well, I can't stop people from jumping to conclusion either.

@Apokriphos.7042 said:When will this happen?

I heard is coming patch, next week I think.

I wasn't the only one confused by it. If you are going to post something then it's your job to be clearer.

Archived