Warrior attack speed buffs are a MESS.. Dual Wielding, Berserk, Quickness

Lumpy.8760

I don't get the complaint ... it wouldn't be reasonable or make sense to stack quickness with increased attack speed. I'm not so certain the Berserk attack speed is rendered useliess if you Have Dual Wielding, at least I haven 't seen anything to suggest that. Do you have some observation that shows those two don't stack?

@Obtena.7952 said:I don't get the complaint ... it wouldn't be reasonable or make sense to stack quickness with increased attack speed. I'm not so certain the Berserk attack speed is rendered useliess if you Have Dual Wielding, at least I haven 't seen anything to suggest that. Do you have some observation that shows those two don't stack?

I highly disagree with you. Why would it be unreasonable ?It is a grandmaster trait solely devoted to boost attack speed by 20%, it should be powerful as any grandmaster trait.Lack of interaction between skills, traits, or effects just kill diversity and this is just sad.

Why any warrior would be pick arms and specifically Dual Wielding in a group where perma quickness is almost granted ? NeverWhy power berserker is not really played ? Okay, this one has other issues, but if Berserk attack speed buff would stack with quickness, along with Dual Wielding, we could see many more diversity in warrior builds!

I totally agree with OP on this one. When I was discovering warrior skills and traits, and I found out that Frenzy didn't stack with Dual Wield, it upset me big time.Why ? Because it is completely counter-productive. I can't see how it can be more powerful than say Berserker Power but well, there might a reason!

Power berserker needs some love. It is useless everywhere. The nerfs they did made power berserker very obsolete now.At this point, we can only hope that anet will do something about it. As they super ultra rarely talk about balance things they are working on, we are in the dark as usual.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I don't get the complaint ... it wouldn't be reasonable or make sense to stack quickness with increased attack speed. I'm not so certain the Berserk attack speed is rendered useliess if you Have Dual Wielding, at least I haven 't seen anything to suggest that. Do you have some observation that shows those two don't stack?

I highly disagree with you. Why would it be unreasonable ?It is a grandmaster trait solely devoted to boost attack speed by 20%, it should be powerful as any grandmaster trait.Lack of interaction between skills, traits, or effects just kill diversity and this is just sad.

Why any warrior would be pick arms and specifically Dual Wielding in a group where perma quickness is almost granted ? NeverWhy power berserker is not really played ? Okay, this one has other issues, but if Berserk attack speed buff would stack with quickness, along with Dual Wielding, we could see many more diversity in warrior builds!

I totally agree with OP on this one. When I was discovering warrior skills and traits, and I found out that Frenzy didn't stack with Dual Wield, it upset me big time.Why ? Because it is completely counter-productive. I can't see how it can be more powerful than say Berserker Power but well, there might a reason!

Depends how it stacks ... I can only think that if it doesn't stack, they don't have the code in place to do so.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Depends how it stacks ... I can only think that if it doesn't stack, they don't have the code in place to do so.

Maybe, I think they were too lazy to make it work. It will probably never change at this point. Quickness should work with every attacks and traits, just for fairness.

That's what happens when people don't play warriors. Anet does not care and will never fix warrior because most players play thieves, mesmers, necros, rangers, etc...People want to press buttons and deal damage, they don't want to mindlessly chase opponents around the field hitting nothing but air. People will always seek instant gratification and that means getting hits for the least amount of work.

People have complained for years about traits on the warrior being useless and Anet has done little about it. And then when Anet do something good for the warrior it gets Nerf because rangers, necros, guardians, thieves, came to the forums and complained en masse.Just look at all the useless traits, skills, and utilities that the warrior has. Additionally, lots of utilities and traits have been destroyed because of the abundant stunbreaks, dodges, stability and evades that got introduce in the PoF expansion:

• Merciless Hammer confusion
  • Fear me
  • Unsuspecting Foe
  • Dual Wielding
  • Sundering Maceand many many more...

did you forget about Malicious Sorcery? +20% attack speed while holding a scepter, and stacks with quickness

Yeah, only for scepter. This issue is more limitated on mesmer since it only effects 3 skills. Attacks are everything for warrior, and they have plenty of skills affected by Dual Wielding so they are a lot more impacted by this limitation.

@Lumpy.8760 said:

did you forget about Malicious Sorcery? +20% attack speed while holding a scepter, and stacks with quickness

Yeah, only for scepter. This issue is more limitated on mesmer since it only effects 3 skills. Attacks are everything for warrior, and they have plenty of skills affected by Dual Wielding so they are a lot more impacted by this limitation.

A limitation similar to only one-handed weapons, and that's where the similarities end; while wielding that scepter, all actions are faster, utilities/reviving/other kinds of actions. And they get a 20% faster recharge on top of it. And stack with quickness. But the point of mentioning it is that the tech is there

Didn't know all that, thanks for info! ?It doesn't surprised me it works for mesmer.

Archived