A Plea to the Devs - Make necro & engi more than just "viable" in Raid content

Sillytune.1580

I've been raiding most likely - like most of you since the W1 first opened.The usage of necro & engi was quite short lived - while a person can play condi engi || the amount of skill required to pull the desired DPS for average pug player, or a player in general is.. problematic [in all fairness, mostly due to lack of in-game addons, but that's another can of worms that we don't want to open here]

In wing one, prior to the herald & mesmer nerf, the usual pug comp was 7-2-1 until everyone switched to mirror comp since release of W2However, even there, the usage of necros & engineers was always limited, add to that list: C/BThief/Crev[AnyRev],PWarrior as well

What i'm trying to say is the following: The balance currently in raid scenario, is quite stale, it's been stale for some time. mostly two classes have been played, Tempest,DH,CRangers

I know that the anet-team itself doesn't have many employees in it, however guys - i really don't want to see for like next couple of months, or even additional year, that only two specs from new expansion will be the meta breaker [Weaver/Firebrand]

Can we please, do something about the following classes so they're actually being used on a regular basis:

Buff that power engi holosmith, so that more people can bring "any sort of any engi" and perform well, while bringing that "150CDps" buff increase, that's always being used in cdps benchmark testing, while there's usually not a single engineer in actual pug - raid scenario.

Apart from that: - again, necro hasn't seen any play for the past infinity in actual raid encounters [apart from the scenarios in which someone might decide to bring it in MO & Sloth, and that'd be it]I know that it's currently broken in PVP content, but you guys did separate PvP adjustments from PvE, just because currently the "shade" thing is bugged, once you fix that, give the necro a small DPS increase in other departments to make it as well more than viable in PvE scenario.

Also, what's the point of adding the shortbow for the crev, when the damage from it is mostly meaningless?Please, - please fix it, if we're adding new specializations and making professions use different || new weapons, make those weapons actually being used

It's first week? After the expansion, and yes it'll take time, and you guys are monitoring how everything's being played out right now.

However, while everyone is praising PoF for the map development and so, i'm sorry but you do not deserve to be praised for something, that you're already, and have been great at it, since gw2 release.

• There should have been better insider testing, new specializations should have been better adjusted for the actual release.
  • The Firebrand's insane [no matter how much i love that people're playing guard], The weaver is as well [however the skill cap for weaver is high, and i like myself can't do it, which's okay]

When you eventually nerf those two classes above: don't make them useless as well, find a way to make it balanced, and also again - please do something about the: Holosmith||Shortbow for Rev[Rev in general], and Scourge[Necro]

Thanks

I would bet gold that Firebrand will get nerfed, and that Weaver will be toned down some on the large hitbox case. Soulbeast needs some of its conditions dialed back too so it isn't pulling 40k. Assuming those changes happen, then condition Scourge and condition Holosmith will actually be pretty comparable to the rest of the DPS classes.

@Rising Dusk.2408 said:I would bet gold that Firebrand will get nerfed, and that Weaver will be toned down some on the large hitbox case. Soulbeast needs some of its conditions dialed back too so it isn't pulling 40k. Assuming those changes happen, then condition Scourge and condition Holosmith will actually be pretty comparable to the rest of the DPS classes.

If condi Firebrand is nerfed I hope that they support/healing Firebrand at the level of a healer druid.

@Scipion.7548 said:

@"Rising Dusk.2408" said:I would bet gold that Firebrand will get nerfed, and that Weaver will be toned down some on the large hitbox case. Soulbeast needs some of its conditions dialed back too so it isn't pulling 40k. Assuming those changes happen, then condition Scourge and condition Holosmith will actually be pretty comparable to the rest of the DPS classes.

If condi Firebrand is nerfed I hope that they support/healing Firebrand at the level of a healer druid.

Wont work - because with druid it was never about the healing, you can trait anything for that and have it replace the role of "heal"

Druid brings buffs that you SIMPLY need, 5x grace of land /sun/frost/glyph

There is a EASY solution to all of this:

Do a thing that WoW did with bloodlust, in a sense: give guardian spirit weapons the same buffs that spirits do for druids [obviously, don't make them stack] and add then for firebrand or ventari rev, something that gives the same thing that grace of land does, just name it differently

INSTANTLY those two classes will be played, I N S T A N T L Y

When all the classes named here seem to be capable of pulling 35k dps or even more under golem conditions, there is no need to buff the dps of any of them. No one should be able to do significantly more than that. Some other builds like FB will need substantial nerfs to bring them in line with the other specs, but we can't have ever increasing power creep in this game.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:Some other builds like FB will need substantial nerfs to bring them in line with the other specs, but we can't have ever increasing power creep in this game.

If by substantial nerfs you mean Ashes needs to go away, then I agree. If you mean the rest of the skills need to be looked at then you are wrong. Firebrand pulls ~33k without Ashes and since Ashes works like a venom, it basically shows just how much damage a support skill does (I think Sun spirit is on par but since it scales off the person attacking and not the Ranger, you don't see just how much damage it does).

Archived