Gun Flame Damage Bugged?

SaltyDogs.9073

@"SaltyDogs.9073"

With a PvEish build tweaked for raw DPS, my Gunflames hit around 15k with little variation in the numbers "14 on lows, nearly 16 on highs". However the Killshots were hitting solidly around 20k, also with little variation. If I had been in Eternal Coliseum and had the +20% damage buff from the sword artifact, the Gunflames would have been around 18k and the Killshots would have been around 24k. This was all tested on light golems keep in mind. The build I was using to achieve that DPS would be the most unviable build possible to even attempt running in Unranked.

Not sure what you were seeing, maybe a bug or maybe not. Just pointing out that any Gunflame or even Killshots above 20k is abnormal.

I got oneshot by gunflame twice recently (in WvW, not PvP though) and in both cases the combat log displayed 2 separate hits (for about 10-15k each). Since my health dropped from full to zero pretty much instantly, those hits must have happened at the same time. And i remember a gunflame bug from shortly after HoT release (or even beta, not sure) that would cause it to hit twice. It got fixed eventually, but maybe this issue is back in certain circumstances?

@"Chaith.8256"Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean.

the actual rifle warrior build consist on entering berserk mode then using your signet (unblockable etc) and press 3 skills :

1. Gun Flame (F1) => 9 to 15 k dmg
  2. Berserk Healing skill => refresh gun flame
  3. Gun Flame again => 9 to 15k again

So basically Chaith were saying that the same skill hit you twice but only showed once in the logs. so basically 28k = in fact 2 X 14 k dmg ... which is the "normal based dmg" dealt on a squishy class. (on full zerk warrior)

Dunno if log count the same skill twice as one if no other dmg is dealt in the same time tho... should be weird this way and very unlikely. but no screenshot so we can't say for sure.

@UmbraNoctis.1907 said:I got oneshot by gunflame twice recently (in WvW, not PvP though) and in both cases the combat log displayed 2 separate hits (for about 10-15k each). Since my health dropped from full to zero pretty much instantly, those hits must have happened at the same time. And i remember a gunflame bug from shortly after HoT release (or even beta, not sure) that would cause it to hit twice. It got fixed eventually, but maybe this issue is back in certain circumstances?

Yeah I had that happen a week or so ago, thought it was just a weird build but kept it in the back of my mind. It might be doing too much, if it's really bugged or doing more damage than intended we will see more people running it for cheese with unblockable signet.

@"Vicariuz.1605" said:here you go for those doubters, EZ 26k from 1 gunflame then a follow up 24k gunflame, going by the logic of earlier posts, this should register as 50k (2 hit) on death recap. :)

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProductiveWealthyVultureBuddhaBar

ENJOY!

also, twitch.tv/enagez is great rifle pvp content, every one should watch him!

O.OBTW on warrior forum you can find them complaint that they never get any buffs and only nerfs. xD

@"Vicariuz.1605" said:here you go for those doubters, EZ 26k from 1 gunflame then a follow up 24k gunflame, going by the logic of earlier posts, this should register as 50k (2 hit) on death recap. :)

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProductiveWealthyVultureBuddhaBar

ENJOY!

Yeah I'm scratching my head here, no explanation on my end, that seems like either broken damage for a PvP game mode or a naked enemy. Clearly it's possible to go far beyond what you can do vs. light target dummies in the mists...

@Chaith.8256 said:

ENJOY!

Yeah I'm scratching my head here, no explanation on my end, that seems like either broken damage for a PvP game mode or a naked enemy. Clearly it's possible to go far beyond what you can do vs. light target dummies in the mists...

Light dummies in the mists have more armor than light armored class w/o toughness .For example mesmer .I dont have exact value of their armor but damage on golems seems to be always lower when you test it on players

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

ENJOY!

Light dummies in the mists have more armor than light armored class w/o toughness .For example mesmer .I dont have exact value of their armor but damage on golems seems to be always lower when you test it on players

I thought everyone knew this?

A skill might hit the light golem for 4k, but it's going to hit a heavy armored class player in the FFA for about 6k.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

ENJOY!

A skill might hit the light golem for 4k, but it's going to hit a heavy armored class player in the FFA for about 6k.

We're talking about going from 14k to 23k gunflames.

It's all in the Signet Of Fury. The first time around I had overlooked it because I was not aware of the buffs it received. Check out this video. I apologize for the bad quality, my laptop is a potato. Regardless though, the people running these builds have 0 defense. Just attack them with like a Support FB and they'll die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD20KTFNWPI

@Chaith.8256 said:

ENJOY!

We're talking about going from 14k to 23k gunflames.

Im not commenting on gunflame?

Edit- I just finished my coffee and read this again and felt like slamming my head on my desk but no there wouldn't be a difference that big lol

I do have to say though, I have a hard time believing anyone is surviving for any duration of time while running a build like the one I used to achieve that damage. Without Defense line and endure pain utility, you'd just get spanked immediately in this DPS meta and sat in a corner. If the Berserkers you guys are seeing are actually survivable and healing with Adrenal Health as usual, I have no idea what's going on. If they tried running Defense over Strength or Arms, they shouldn't be hitting that kind of damage.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I do have to say though, I have a hard time believing anyone is surviving for any duration of time while running a build like the one I used to achieve that damage. Without Defense line and endure pain utility, you'd just get spanked immediately in this DPS meta and sat in a corner. If the Berserkers you guys are seeing are actually survivable and healing with Adrenal Health as usual, I have no idea what's going on. If they tried running Defense over Strength or Arms, they shouldn't be hitting that kind of damage.

You should run the build and play a game to post up, if you don't, I might ?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I do have to say though, I have a hard time believing anyone is surviving for any duration of time while running a build like the one I used to achieve that damage. Without Defense line and endure pain utility, you'd just get spanked immediately in this DPS meta and sat in a corner. If the Berserkers you guys are seeing are actually survivable and healing with Adrenal Health as usual, I have no idea what's going on. If they tried running Defense over Strength or Arms, they shouldn't be hitting that kind of damage.

You should run the build and play a game to post up, if you don't, I might ?

I was actually considering a Spellbreaker variant. I might actually try it out lol.

Archived