Ridhais and Caladbolg

Hi ! Ive done the quest and got a Caladbolg Sonala and i'd like to change it.

I've went in a sylvari home stance , talked with her but she wouldnt offer me to change it to something else. I've tried with different toons and also the one who did the caladbolg quest and she still only talk about lore and won't let me trade it. I've also tried with different home stance like charr and human ... still nothing wich is really frustrating... I know ive started to do the cat home stance quest and sometimes have that dead bird and i was wondering if it would mess up with Ridhais if not... what can I do to make her trade my dagger for a different weapon.. i even talked with the great mother sylvari person ... nothing

Help :anguished:

You must make sure to use the character that completed the mission.You must have 1000 Unbound Magic.You must have the title, "Knight of the Thorn".It must be the original weapon; make sure you aren't trying to exchange a reskinned weapon.

If you continue to have issue, you can try a -repair of the client, and/or contact the CS Team. (Instructions found via the 'Support' link above/below.)

Good luck.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Where is she standing in the home instance? If it is right by the door then the character hasn't done the quest yet. After the whole thing is completed including talking to the Pale Tree she is the left and standing next to the "Merchant" and "Market Broker".

They are found in an alcove to the left of the entrance.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Where is she standing in the home instance? If it is right by the door then the character hasn't done the quest yet. After the whole thing is completed including talking to the Pale Tree she is the left and standing next to the "Merchant" and "Market Broker".

They are found in an alcove to the left of the entrance.

Okay ....? I don't need instructions on finding the NPC.

the thing is ... i dont have the title you talked about inculpatus and i dont have the email that tells me to visit the pale tree for the blessing ... i probably deleted it so the pale tree wont give me her blessing ( even if i have the caladbolg weapon on me) and if she doesnt bless me then i wont ever get the title so i basically... can't change my caladbolg weapon... so i dunno what to do anymore ... do i just start over or send an e-mail to the support and wait a month for a reply... or just level up a craft class to 500 and buy the receipe of the ascended scepter i need.. not sure wich one is more pricy ... maybe i should just send an email to the support but i wanted my ascended scepter fast .. either way i feel like im screwed up :confounded:

@Lluvia.8207 said:the thing is ... i dont have the title you talked about inculpatus and i dont have the email that tells me to visit the pale tree for the blessing ... i probably deleted it so the pale tree wont give me her blessing ( even if i have the caladbolg weapon on me) and if she doesnt bless me then i wont ever get the title so i basically... can't change my caladbolg weapon... so i dunno what to do anymore ... do i just start over or send an e-mail to the support and wait a month for a reply... or just level up a craft class to 500 and buy the receipe of the ascended scepter i need.. not sure wich one is more pricy ... maybe i should just send an email to the support but i wanted my ascended scepter fast .. either way i feel like im screwed up :confounded:

That sounds more and more like you are on the wrong character.

• 10 months later...

@Cookieg.7024 said:

@kersh.2735 said:It's fine if you deleted the mail you just have to go back and in the story instance. Once you complete it though it won't take effect until next reset.

I've got the same problem than this person. How do I go back and in the story instance? I didn't understand

You go to your home instance in what ever racial city your character is, with the one who have completed heart of thorns story.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It doesn't have to be the same city as your race. Any Home Instance will do.

Ok. So after looking info up, this is what is happening to me. I've done the Caladborg greatsword some months ago and now I wanted to change its stats and I needed to talk to Ridhais but Ridhais isn't appearing in my home instance. Now, I've looked up in the forum and to see Ridhais I need the Knight of Thorn Achievement done (that gives 25 points plus a title) and I don't have it but I do have the Caladborg greatsword. I went to talk to the Pale Tree and she isn't blessing my greatsword, which doesn't allow to get that achievement. How can this be solved?

You can acquire Caladbolg in this mission: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Sword_Regrown without finishing the complete Side Story.Finish everything on the character that completed the Heart of Thorns story. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Knight_of_the_ThornIf you have not received Mender Aine's mail, delete all mail and pick up any items/Gold from the Trading Post. Enter a City.

If you continue to have issue, you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:You can acquire Caladbolg in this mission: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Sword_Regrown without finishing the complete Side Story.Finish everything on the character that completed the Heart of Thorns story. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Knight_of_the_ThornIf you have not received Mender Aine's mail, delete all mail and pick up any items/Gold from the Trading Post. Enter a City.

If you continue to have issue, you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

How can i start the sword regrown if i've already done it?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You can't. You wondered how you have already acquired Caladbolg. That's how.You need to do the rest of the Side Story collection/mission.

Ah. But my problem is I can't find Ridhais and Pale Tree isn't blessing my sword. I know how I got the gs but i can't get the Knight of Thorn achievement to be able to speak to Ridhais (which means I need Pale Tree's blessing and she isn't doing it and therefore I can't see Ridhais). Do I need to repeat all with another character?