Balance Patch?

RlyOsim.2497

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Devilman.1532 said:The have proven they can balance about as well as a monkey does brain surgery. One day I hope they understand that its ok to have Core and Hot Specs be as good as PoF ones. Oh and perhaps realize their favored class that they consider their signature class doesn't need to be preserved at all costs.

Must have missed all those core guards/warrs/rangers/thieves running around

I’ve been encountering core necro more and more as well.

@Rysdude.3824 said:

@Devilman.1532 said:The have proven they can balance about as well as a monkey does brain surgery. One day I hope they understand that its ok to have Core and Hot Specs be as good as PoF ones. Oh and perhaps realize their favored class that they consider their signature class doesn't need to be preserved at all costs.

Overall I dont think we ever had better balance in spvp.Sure nothing is perfect and ele mainly needs serious help but overall its good.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:20/11 but I wouldn't hold m'y breath.

Was this confirmed? I know new maps are supposed to released on the 13th so I was hoping they'd release the balance patch with it.

Nope. Just my intuition. But I was correct weeks ago for 13/11, so...

Can I have the number for Tyrian lotto please? I'm running out of funds for my ecto addiction ;)

@Swadow.6213 said:Supposedly next one is late January

Based on what?

The last 2 balance updates were 6 weeks apart, and that's generally the cadence we've had this year. ANet has been talking about the balance patches being more frequent even if they haven't exclusively stated so. I'd be expecting the next one in 2-3 weeks. It's supposed to be a major patch too.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Swadow.6213 said:Supposedly next one is late January

Based on what?

The last 2 balance updates were 6 weeks apart, and that's generally the cadence we've had this year. ANet has been talking about the balance patches being more frequent even if they haven't exclusively stated so. I'd be expecting the next one in 2-3 weeks. It's supposed to be a major patch too.

Based on what AnetBenP has said in streams

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

Overall I dont think we ever had better balance in spvp.

You have no idea what you're talking about, no offense.

@witcher.3197 said:

None taken, its clear you got no clue.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@"Devilman.1532" said:The have proven they can balance about as well as a monkey does brain surgery. One day I hope they understand that its ok to have Core and Hot Specs be as good as PoF ones. Oh and perhaps realize their favored class that they consider their signature class doesn't need to be preserved at all costs.

How is this the "best balance"?

There's only 1 viable support in the gamemode, which has been the case for 3 years, they just rotate with which expansion has to sell at the moment.

Auto attacks can hit for 30% of someone's HP, and everything has to be dodged.

It's possible to land 10k+ unblockable hits from 1.5k range while having access to stealth and teleports.

The gap between top tier builds and everything else is bigger than ever, most classes only have 1 viable build in PvP (with ele having 0.5 and hasn't been meta in a year).

Boon stacking is completely out of control with things like ranger and FB shitting out boons 24/7, and half the classes are able to effortlessly stack 25 might on their own without even having to use combo finishers. Even permanent Quickness is a thing now.

And the list goes on and on..

Probably with the release of the new maps next Tuesday.

@witcher.3197 said:

@"Devilman.1532" said:The have proven they can balance about as well as a monkey does brain surgery. One day I hope they understand that its ok to have Core and Hot Specs be as good as PoF ones. Oh and perhaps realize their favored class that they consider their signature class doesn't need to be preserved at all costs.

There's only 1 viable support in the gamemode, which has been the case for 3 years, they just rotate with which expansion has to sell at the moment.

It's possible to land 10k+ unblockable hits from 1.5k range while having access to stealth and teleports.

The gap between top tier builds and everything else is bigger than ever, most classes only have 1 viable build in PvP (with ele having 0.5 and hasn't been meta in a year).

Boon stacking is completely out of control with things like ranger and FB kitten out boons 24/7, and half the classes are able to effortlessly stack 25 might on their own without even having to use combo finishers. Even permanent Quickness is a thing now.

And Anet supposed solution is to add more boon rip, leaving classes that cannot easily spam boons are left behind.

So much blocks lets add unblockables!

So much reveals? Lets add skills that remove reveals!!!

No shit PvP became a spam fist...

@witcher.3197 said:

Boon stacking is completely out of control with things like ranger and FB kitten out boons 24/7, and half the classes are able to effortlessly stack 25 might on their own without even having to use combo finishers. Even permanent Quickness is a thing now.

Where were you in the time between HoT and now? under a rock?every patch since then had worse spvp balanceMost of what you have written is complete and utter typical BS bronze exaggerations.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

Where were you in the time between HoT and now? under a rock?

Higher on the ladder than you'll ever be

Maybe stepping out of unranked would make you see what's wrong with balance

@witcher.3197 said:

Youre a Bronze ∆=∆Its ok...once you get out of bronze/silver you will see its you who is the problem.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

Youre a Bronze ∆=∆Its ok...once you get out of bronze/silver you will see its you who is the problem.

The "if everything is op, nothing is" mentality doesn't really work. While we have few really outlying specs right now, biggest being Boonbeast probably. It doesn't make the game balanced, it just kills build diversity.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

The "if everything is op, nothing is" mentality doesn't really work. While we have few really outlying specs right now, biggest being Boonbeast probably. It doesn't make the game balanced, it just kills build diversity.

What are you talking about? I didnt say the nonsense you just wrote.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

I know only the top 50 are allowed to comment on the forums but last few seasons from mid gold to low plat have been a blast...

Theres ALOT of different builds around and all of them pull thier weight one way or another, quite frequently outplaying the people who copied thier build off the latest stream being META...

I was goofin the other day in unranked with a freind on some off meta builds and in comes the 5 man meta team with top players who still lost... Id say theres a few outliers that are either too strong or too weak but otherwise yea, balance is great at the moment.

Some things need updating though like how Unblockable attacks chained together effect a DH or core Engie running shield and magnet pull kit... this is what kills build diversity.

@"Falan.1839" said:Forget it, Anet rather answers to pointless rants like "I went 0-16 with reaper" instead of announcing a date for the next balance patch or next season. IF they answer to anything at all, that is.

If I was Ben, I wouldn't reply to this thread either. If you don't have the answers people want, you'll just be adding fuel to the fire. Not a good place to be as a dev.

Archived