Replacement item for something I never owned

I just got a mail saying that I had received a replacement for an item I had lost. The thing is that I had never lost the item (it's a Wintersday golem tonic) and I never put in a request. Is there anything I should do? (other than keep quiet about it and unlock the tonic, because it's too late to keep quiet now :)

@"Cormac.3871" said:I just got a mail saying that I had received a replacement for an item I had lost. The thing is that I had never lost the item (it's a Wintersday golem tonic) and I never put in a request. Is there anything I should do? (other than keep quiet about it and unlock the tonic, because it's too late to keep quiet now :)

It's misphrasing: everyone who played during the "Extra Life" fundraiser received rewards: karma roughly matching the dollar amount earned for charity and the tonic.

To make it happen quickly, they used the "boilerplate" text for item refunds. Pretend they actually explained what was going on.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Cormac.3871" said:I just got a mail saying that I had received a replacement for an item I had lost. The thing is that I had never lost the item (it's a Wintersday golem tonic) and I never put in a request. Is there anything I should do? (other than keep quiet about it and unlock the tonic, because it's too late to keep quiet now :)

It's misphrasing: everyone who played during the "Extra Life" fundraiser received rewards: karma roughly matching the dollar amount earned for charity and the tonic.

To make it happen quickly, they used the "boilerplate" text for item refunds. Pretend they actually explained what was going on.

Thanks for the info as I found it strange as well. Oddly the account that got the rewards (I have to check my email on the others tonight though) was the one I mostly just collect login rewards with.

@"Menadena.7482" said:Thanks for the info as I found it strange as well. Oddly the account that got the rewards (I have to check my email on the others tonight though) was the one I mostly just collect login rewards with.It was based on whether your account was logged onto the game during the relevant period.(See this wiki article for the hours.)

• ArenaNet Staff

We're sorry if the distribution was confusing. The items were related to the Extra Life charity event. (You can read what other members added for additional details.)

I'm going to write up some text that we can use for future distributions of this sort. I think even something as generic as "A gift from ArenaNet" would be less confusing that "here are replacements items." :D

Archived