What gives soulbeast the hardest time?

SteepledHat.1345

A patient spellbreaker can also do the job against a meta soulbeast, albeit with a bit more difficulty than the aforementioned holo. I think the meta spellbreaker invests relatively heavily into boon rip as well, including a combo that might be able to rip stability and apply cc all in one strike, thanks to how abilities stack. The spellbreaker just has to be willing to wait for the right opportunity.

@"EnderzShadow.2506" said:I have to 2nd "Holosmith".Occasionally a reaper catches me off guard in team fights. I figure this is more my bad play, than their good play.I haven't met many spellbreakers that give me problems. Not that they don't exist.

Mostly that for me too. High boon corrupt necro, of any kind (Scourge or Reaper) can hurt a lot. Still have hard time with condi Mesmer.

Holo + Spellbreaker > Mesmer + Necro, for me.

soulbeast is countered by outnumbering it, preferably adding a rev to the skirmish

in 1v1 soulbeast is the best, but of course not invinciblein duels holosmith, tetherbreaker can win because their direct damage is high, and a soulbeast doesn't have a passive lifesaver

as for mirage, i regularly play both soulbeast and mirage, i know these the most so i usually beat mirages on my soulbeast and the other way around. So a tip to beat mirages: find a balance between dodging and stacking resistance, which you can stack up to 16 seconds and allows you to basically go full offensive mode, Arcane Thievery is most punishing for the build, which is not even standard utility for the average mirage.

generally spellbreakers are one of the easiest duels to win, but since they also have quite high sustain it leaves you open for +1 situations where a spellbreaker will have the upper hand. In my opinion spellbreaker handles 1v2 situations slightly better than a soulbeast doing the same. So if you are spellbreaker, ask your team mate rev/holo or anything spiky to come and chase a soulbeast away.

Things not meta that could kill soulbeast.

ScourgeReaper (kinda)Rev (if played well)Spellbreaker with mace or with axe over dagger can pull it off.

You can definitely counter build soulbeast for somethings; I know holo that drops s for throw mine works very well against soulbeast but that leaves it weaker to other things

@JezzaLeo.6704 said:I struggle against Mirage's....if anyone can give me tips it would be much appreciated :)

Take this with a grain of salt, because I am not the all pro Ranger that some of the Rangers Definitely ARE on this forum.|You might do well to make a post about how to best beat mesmers.

I don't play standard Boonbeast with axes and Siamoth.I play longbow, sw/warhorn with palladins and leadership.Owl and smokescale.Smoke for dmg and stealth,owl for heals and to get the eff out of there.

But, what helps me is using Smokescale tracking of F1-right into a f2.If the mesmer goes stealth or even blinks right after I've hit f2--Im locked on and it tracks.I use the f3 if I have them locked down from the other 2.I also like to use f3 to kill all their clones.

If I see the mesmer coming toward me and going stealth, I wait about a secondand then dodge. Its usually about this time that the mesmer and all his clones pop out of nowhere

I use sword 2 IF I need get range and away from the clonesThe time it takes for the clones to get to me usually buys me enough time to find the real mesmer in all that clutter

If I feel like the mesmer is winning the fight and there is a chance I might go down or get 2v1'd I can't handle,I get the owl out to make the escape via owl leap/sword 2.

Hope this helps.

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:SB is the top of the pile right now. The only thing that will give you an issue is a much better player on Mirage or Holo, or a slightly better player on SB.

We'll see how long this lasts.

Curious, do you think it's top of the pileas much as Mirage or Scourge was?

I mean, I know I beat people and beat them regularly or get awayBut I don't feel like I dominate them to such a ridiculous degreeand they don't melt under the pressure that I put out.Which I absolutely think was the case with mirage and Scourge.

Right now, Soulbeast is probably on pare with what Phantasm Chronomancer was. The amount of boons, clears, damage, and sustain are a bit much overall. Scourge was just an insane AoE Bomber that could keep pressure coming and coming. Nowadays, both of those specs are former shadows of what they were. Scourge is a res-bot/boon eater, and Chronomancer is a boon-bot/support.

Soulbeast currently can play all the roles relatively easy, it's an incredibly flexible specialization with the current build going around- to put it simply- Soulbeast is on pare with former Chronomancer.

As for Mirage? Mirage doesn't have anything on Soulbeast, they've got mobility, but they don't have the pressure.

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:SB is the top of the pile right now. The only thing that will give you an issue is a much better player on Mirage or Holo, or a slightly better player on SB.

Well to be fair, SB has to be top somewhere? Because it sure isn't in Raids, WvW, Fractals or even open world (Core Necro Minions is arguably easier at leveling than Ranger)

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Well to be fair, SB has to be top somewhere? Because it sure isn't in Raids, WvW, Fractals or even open world (Core Necro Minions is arguably easier at levelling than Ranger)

When it comes about PVE, definitely Soulbeast is not on the top, you have right, but in WvW in small groups, roaming or duelist, yes, Soulbeast is in Top 3. It is hard to say who is no.1, because I doubt that 2 players with the same skills but different classes met each other and fought to decide which class is no.1 or not.Anyway, I am pretty sure that ppl on this forum, at least the ones who post and respond frequently on this forum, they talk from sPVP and WvW perspective in most of the cases. I am speaking from sPVP and WvW POV, most of the time too.But, if you are a PVE player, I understand you, even I think with some proper build Soulbeast can be pretty solid in PVE too.

Archived