Why do players respawn when being revived?

If it's a bossfight which scales and there's a wp nearby - just don't because then they'll never learn.

Assuming you mean the defeated state, as then you can wp. As @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said most of the time these people have already opened the big map looking for a waypoint, and then the "A noble soul.." message can be hard to spot or you'll just be faster than the one attempting to ress.

If you are out of combat you can try typing "don't wp" in /s chat, and if they have been defeated for 10 sec or more they are less likely to port. 99% of ports happen when they are in downstate and don't see a res coming - I am like this, I open the map and wait until defeated so I can waypoint instantly (regardless whether or not I have people ressing). It's not to be rude, but we like to get back in the action quick, avoid unnecessary boss scaling and quite frankly your dps/heals would be much better spent elsewhere.

I've found this happens a lot as well. I find it equally baffling, especially when there's no wp nearby and returning to the spot would be inconvenient. I mean, I don't really care most of the time, but now and then I'll place myself in danger to do these rezzes, and having the person bail like that can leave me alone to face what might be easy to deal with for 2, but not so much for 1.

I don't WvW much but reasons I might not wait for a revive are:

1. I might be annoyed from dying and just want to leave.
  2. I might have died from doing something dumb and don't feel like I should be revived.
  3. I want to go somewhere else and have no reason to wait to be revived.
  4. The person reviving me was the same person that just watched me die without helping.

About the only reason I would wait for a revive is if it was strategically important.

@KolderThanYou.9018 said:This isn't just once or a few times.. it's nearly every time I'm attempting to revive an ally in WvW. Are you ashamed of being caught dead and thinking I'll judge you or maybe you ALT + F4 to avoid the pity. It's making me want to run over every friendly corpse I see instead of trying to help.

If I'm nearly dead, I'll open the map up to WP and click it as soon as it's available. So there's no chance I'd notice you attempting to bring me back from the dead.

The only time I won't do that is when it's strategically better for the commander/squad/roaming-team to not wait for me to run back. Most of the time, folks should be moving on to the next objective, not getting stalled by rezzing the folks that couldn't get into position quickly enough.

There are, of course, plenty of exceptions. After a big battle, when the enemy is gone and we're just cleaning up. Scouts that got caught before they could stealth or otherwise get to safety. During a pause in the battle, with a focus rez. If it's the commander.

tl;dr as @Khisanth.2948 says, it's not always the right thing to do

Ressing inappropriately is not helping. This was also true in GW1 and one of the reasons players were annoyed with the monk henchmen because they would stop what they are doing mid combat to dive into the middle of enemies in order to use Restore Life(which is a touch spell) which also means all their healing and protection spells are no longer being casted.

Targetting the people trying to ress someone is also a very effective strategy for WvW. This is also a reason why you might not want to stomp a downned player. You can use the downed player to bait their teammates then instead of killing only 1 you kill 1 and down 4 others and if people try to ress those 4 ... well you get the idea.

With some people it could just be habit, like elementalists using the Mist Form downed skill even though someone is right there trying to res them and they're not in an AoE or immediate danger. That one happened a lot during the Labyrinth - including people moving out of the candy circles during the Viscount fight, so we were both in far more danger of getting killed than if they'd done nothing and let me res them.

Probably because they didn't notice you.

I use WPs in PvE most of the time because I play alone so I don't want to bank on some random player coming in a few minutes to revive me - we have mounts, I can get back where I was by just raptor-jumping all the way.I use WPs during events because in the chaos of the fight I would rather waste a minute to respawn, come back and assist my "teammates" than lay down for 5 minutes and wait till people sacrifice themselves to revive me while being thrusted by a champ from behind. Same logic probably can be aplied in WvW.

And yeah, some people are just salty or don't care, or hell, maybe they go like "Hey, I died here, guess I should try to go at it from another direction".

If you open your map to use a waypoint, you will get a message saying "A kind soul is reviving you".

Nobody reads that message. It's there, but it's hidden by inattentional blindness.There's also people who teleport to a different map as you revive them. No point on waiting for a revive when they'll get revived in the new map anyways.

Archived