Target break is an op ability

Silence.3702

Excuse me ,but wtf is this thread about ? Any kind of stealth is a target break xD Its a complaint about thieves or mesmer axe 3 that is only target break ?Even soulbeast with smokescale have target break as smoke assault . Taunt is an also target break ,actually its even worse . U are being CC'd and you cant target anything for its duration or use any skills ;)

@tinyreborn.1938 said:Excuse me ,but kitten is this thread about ? Any kind of stealth is a target break xD Its a complaint about thieves or mesmer axe 3 that is only target break ?Even soulbeast with smokescale have target break as smoke assault . Taunt is an also target break ,actually its even worse . U are being CC'd and you cant target anything for its duration or use any skills ;)

what are you talking about ? Its similar (not the same) to the UA skill from revenant sword. It doesn't target break... and ...why would you target a pet anyway?

Are you a pet bully?

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:Excuse me ,but kitten is this thread about ? Any kind of stealth is a target break xD Its a complaint about thieves or mesmer axe 3 that is only target break ?Even soulbeast with smokescale have target break as smoke assault . Taunt is an also target break ,actually its even worse . U are being CC'd and you cant target anything for its duration or use any skills ;)

what are you talking about ? Its
similar
(not the same) to the UA skill from revenant sword. It doesn't target break... and ...why would you target a pet anyway?

Are you a pet bully?

calling PETA, wont stand for animal abuse ?

"Target break is OP".Lol at this thread so fucking hard. Target break is essentialy a defensive mechanics. One of the MANY":

1) dodge, the most basic one2) invulnerability (full or partial)3) block (aegis stack or abilities)4) def. boon and condi stack, like protection, resistance, weakness, blind)5) and, finally, STEALTH

Stealth is pretty much exactly the same thing as target break, why don't you complain about that?

How on Earth 1s target break is scarier than 3-6 seconds of complete invisibility? Where you don't even know for sure if your target is still even there or ran to the other end of the map.

@"Tiah.3091" said:"Target break is OP".Lol at this thread so kitten hard. Target break is essentialy a defensive mechanics. One of the MANY":

1) dodge, the most basic one2) invulnerability (full or partial)3) block (aegis stack or abilities)4) def. boon and condi stack, like protection, resistance, weakness, blind)5) and, finally, STEALTH

Stealth is pretty much exactly the same thing as target break, why don't you complain about that?

How on Earth 1s target break is scarier than 3-6 seconds of complete invisibility? Where you don't even know for sure if your target is still even there or ran to the other end of the map.

Because you see your target all the time and ofc when you see it you assume that you still have your target only to press skills and realize you don't have your target anymore. At least with stealth you get a visual clue where you can be like "oh I don't see the target" and you know you don't have your target but with skills that break target you don't have any visual clues.

Target break is a gimmick that developers wanted to add to the game in terms of mirage lore since it's kinda a mirage thing to be all random and untargetable.

Also the mesmer visual effects are not helping with the target break stuff since everything looks like it does the same thing and then suddenly you don't even have your target.

Literally new > @"Tiah.3091" said:

"Target break is OP".Lol at this thread so kitten hard. Target break is essentialy a defensive mechanics. One of the MANY":

Literally new rant about stealth everyday. Target break is op and stealth is too but op is talking about target break so it would be better to stick to that subject. And mirage has more than enough defense mechanism and if target break is removed from it completely it will still be op.

@XECOR.2814 said:Literally new > @"Tiah.3091" said:

"Target break is OP".Lol at this thread so kitten hard. Target break is essentialy a
defensive mechanics
. One of the MANY":

Literally new rant about stealth everyday. Target break is op and stealth is too but op is talking about target break so it would be better to stick to that subject.

Steath is a target break.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:Literally new > @"Tiah.3091" said:

"Target break is OP".Lol at this thread so kitten hard. Target break is essentialy a
defensive mechanics
. One of the MANY":

Literally new rant about stealth everyday. Target break is op and stealth is too but op is talking about target break so it would be better to stick to that subject.

Steath is a target break.

Alt + F4 is also a target break lol.

Personally i believe they are misusing the term OP here.

@Daishi.6027 said:

@Silence.3702 said:the only safe way is to actually click it

Nope, I fairly consistently tab to the real Mesmer.

Either get lucky on tab but if he have 3 clones up +2 warlocks ,better to run away and click real one . Depends on situation ,3 clones or 0 xDAll complaint about mirage axe 3 i believe . So if target break really OP , nerf stealth to hell :D

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Silence.3702 said:the only safe way is to actually click it

Nope, I fairly consistently tab to the real Mesmer.

Either get lucky on tab but if he have 3 clones up +2 warlocks ,better to run away and click real one . Depends on situation ,3 clones or 0 xDAll complaint about mirage axe 3 i believe . So if target break really OP , nerf stealth to hell :D

I agree with the stealth comment.

As to targeting, you prioritize the centre of your screen when you have no target. Also a lot of the time if you cleave the general area then target only the Mesmer will be the viable option. I have more issues with targeting thanks to other players in a team fight and at arena lol.

Also I use clones to precast before selecting the real Mesmer.

@The Ace.9105 said:

@"Tiah.3091" said:"Target break is OP".Lol at this thread so kitten hard. Target break is essentialy a
defensive mechanics
. One of the MANY":

Because you see your target all the time and ofc when you see it you assume that you still have your target only to press skills and realize you don't have your target anymore. At least with stealth you get a visual clue where you can be like "oh I don't see the target" and you know you don't have your target but with skills that break target you don't have any visual clues.

Target break is a gimmick that developers wanted to add to the game in terms of mirage lore since it's kinda a mirage thing to be all random and untargetable.

Also the mesmer visual effects are not helping with the target break stuff since everything looks like it does the same thing and then suddenly you don't even have your target.

Hm, some kind of visual indication of a target drop might be fine.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:Stealth is NOT target break. You can still get pewpew'd if say a ranger uses LB2 before you go stealth. Same goes for Ele scepter auto attack in air, as long as you start channeling it before your opponent goes stealth, you can track them with it.

I'm not sure that target break works in the contrary. I'll test it later.

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:Stealth is NOT target break. You can still get pewpew'd if say a ranger uses LB2 before you go stealth. Same goes for Ele scepter auto attack in air, as long as you start channeling it before your opponent goes stealth, you can track them with it.

It doesn’t work to the contrary. Channeled attacks, or even an attack at the end of the cast time; right before the animation fires, doesn’t change.

Tests should be done to verify though, I am curious if there is any change when having settings like “promote target” on or off

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

Ah, fair point, yea I cannot confirm as I do not play mesmer outside of fractals and some PVE content.

Archived