I'm new to the game well sort of. I'm on Jade Quarry and I find WvW stale and not sure what to do...

Kane.1978

I'm coming back of many years of not playing. I have a old level 80 Character I don't plan on playing at this time. This before expansions, etc anyways.

I loved PvP back in the day the WvW was my favorite thing. The only other game I played in recent years was ESO that was similar style and I enjoyed it a lot.

I hear if I delete my characters I will be able to transfer free over.

I don't mind that but the issue is I'm a caregiver that spends a lot of time home during EST timezone. So my playtime is between lets say 10am - 10pm. Not sure if there is a server that would fit well for me there.

My issues mainly I have no clue how to judge a decent WvW server nor do I have the understanding of the ins and outs of WvW. I just know the few times I tried to join them during peak hours on our server it was very small groups that would end up spreading too much and we would get owned on 2 fronts and it was just not the sheer numbers we had years ago.

What is the Punishments of deleting my characters fully?

Thanks.

JQ was effectively deleted by a large segment of your populace jumping to another server for reasons of their own.

At last note 8 NA WvW servers were considered ‘full’.

You are linked to another fairly low population server right now.

On the following site http://gw2stats.com/na/matchups/

‘Activity’ stats can be found which may help you with servers that have population during your play hours.

As far as deleting your toons? Not sure. That WAS a thing, I just am not certain it still is.

Welcome back :)

As for servers you should look for time zone coveragage, as many servers have commanders that run both early and late. Ofc there should also be activity so you get action. There's a website to show this, just search "SEA server" on this forum and it'll usually be listed in these threads.

The only penalty you get from deleting your characters (assuming their bags are empty and ungeared) are character birthday gifts, which you receive every year after you created the character and have some nifty stuff. Also you need to wait 2 resets (every friday) before you get pips, the new reward mechanic when playing WvW.

I would however advice you to create an alt account with only 1 character that you can use to freely transfer between servers until you find one you like. Then you can just save up (if it's your only expense it goes fast) in order to transfer there with your main account without losing your old characters. There are guilds out there that will be willing to help you pay that transfer fee too, so you might get lucky ;)

Luckily most highly populated servers are linked with lesser populated servers (switches every 2 months), and these are awesome too so might be an option until you have the gold.

Thanks. Sadly it seems from this page:https://wvwstats.com/timezones

That all the EU top 3 servers are full and always will be full. Kind of ruins that idea. I don't really enjoy the way GW2 Seems to punish those on lower populated server yet you can't move to a higher populated server. I do understand to a degree but clearly it does punish my play as you can see.

I don't might starting fresh honestly but I don't want to start fresh in 2 months because I'm waiting for a server to lower in population.

@"Kane.1978" said:Thanks. Sadly it seems from this page:https://wvwstats.com/timezones

That all the EU top 3 servers are full and always will be full. Kind of ruins that idea. I don't really enjoy the way GW2 Seems to punish those on lower populated server yet you can't move to a higher populated server. I do understand to a degree but clearly it does punish my play as you can see.

I don't might starting fresh honestly but I don't want to start fresh in 2 months because I'm waiting for a server to lower in population.

Main reason for not deleting your characters are birthday gifts honestly. They hold alot of value and unique rewards. Its smarter to get the gold/buy gems to transfer than deleting your characters. One day you might regret it.

Archived