in raids. i get kicked everytime by people using ARCdps. why are they allowed to see my dps? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

in raids. i get kicked everytime by people using ARCdps. why are they allowed to see my dps?

I play my own style making me as a player unique, yes I do have not so good dps, but I have a bunch of other great attributes, so my questions are as follow
1: why are people allowed to see my dps? it is my account and allowing others to see what happens on my account is in my opinion not fair.
2: if i dont want to run Beserker stats on my warrior (meaning I don't do enough dps) then am I not entitled to get my legendary armor?
3: players say guild wars is a game about player skill... uh so wheres the "player skill" in pressing what a website says you must press? isn't that the same as bot... hmm makes it pretty hard to mess up... might aswell use macro's because its the same keys over and over, I mean who will ever know
4: and last question is... instead of making it so that players have to depend on each others healing/damage buff's. why not make it an individual thing? (will add some competitivity)

thank you in advance for any feedback

<1

Answers

• Sephylon.4938Sephylon.4938 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2018

@Blake.1908 said:
    I play my own style making me as a player unique, yes I do have not so good dps, but I have a bunch of other great attributes, so my questions are as follow
    1: why are people allowed to see my dps? it is my account and allowing others to see what happens on my account is in my opinion not fair.

dps is public information you don't own it.

2: if i dont want to run Beserker stats on my warrior (meaning I don't do enough dps) then am I not entitled to get my legendary armor?

Yes, you can get legy armor, just not with the groups that don't want you. Either make a group of your own with friends you know and trust, or grind pvp/wvw for its legendary armor. If you pug, you are subject to their rules as its their group.

3: players say guild wars is a game about player skill... uh so wheres the "player skill" in pressing what a website says you must press? isn't that the same as bot... hmm makes it pretty hard to mess up... might aswell use macro's because its the same keys over and over, I mean who will ever know

The point is to have those memorized so you don't have to think about them when kitten hits the fan because of mechanics and you're not panicking because of it. Also certain bosses have dps checks that must be passed or causes the group to wipe.

4: and last question is... instead of making it so that players have to depend on each others healing/damage buff's. why not make it an individual thing? (will add some competitivity)

Because then it would just be 10 people playing beside each other instead of with each other. Also not all classes have access to all boons.
    (If that was the case that all classes were all things, then only the top dps classes would ever be taken and you'd have even less of a chance to get in unless you mained the top dps class, prob ele)

edit
    adding more to it, people prefer the tried and tested as they know the odds of it and it is familiar to them. Your special build is a wild card to them and they'd prefer to avoid such things especially since there are enough seemingly random factors that lead to wipes.

I am a giant tomato filled with love. I have come to sell you a house made out of pancakes.

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2018

this discussion has already been made before and were they to make arcdps either removed from the game or only looks at your own dps, you will be asked to ping your gear and weapons

• Zhaid Zhem.6508Zhaid Zhem.6508 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2018

It is group content.
    It means players don't do what they want on their own, they do what is the best for the team, for the event : aggro, dps, support, cc, kite etc, it means too a proper equipment, a proper build, food etc.
    May be there is a lot of "elitism", but in average people don't have to carry you to your legendary armor. Actually you're the selfish one here, they want them too the legendary armor, the rewards etc. So why should they do training, revise their build, their rotation while people comes from nowhere "I'm support healer mace shield war in Soldier exotic equipment; carry me" ?

About the "player skill" if you were that much skilled, why don't you play Berserker set, why don't you have top DPS ? I mean, the DPS and the sustain come from supports classes, your brain your placement your rotation... your skill ...
    And, with all respect for SC etc, all the "meta" build are obvious; if you try by yourself you find the metabuild and the rotation without looking on internet. If you're not close to a "metabuild" you can find on internet I assume you're not that good.

And arcDPS is not only about "kicking everybody under 20k dps" it's also to appraise the all-in DPS, which conditions, which composition, which strategy... work better.
    It's okai if you do 20k/s rather than 22k/s as your companion, as long as you try to improve yourself and look at advices, but please do not come if you don"t know your class and your role.

• i understand that people prefer the tried and trusted and i have no issue with the players in raids, my real issue is the content that is restricted to that, im sure a lot of people want the legendary armor but cant get it because they cannot raid, i would just like to be able to get my armor even if its in a different way or even another armor set that has some good looking features because lets be honest the WvW/pvp armor doesn't look nearly as good as the raid armor, its like they put 0 effort into them. i say add a Pve armor set make it grindy sure i still don't mind, but atleast then i know i am able to obtain it the same way i was able to make 7 legendary weapons

edited November 6, 2018

@Blake.1908 said:
    i understand that people prefer the tried and trusted and i have no issue with the players in raids, my real issue is the content that is restricted to that, im sure a lot of people want the legendary armor but cant get it because they cannot raid, i would just like to be able to get my armor even if its in a different way or even another armor set that has some good looking features because lets be honest the WvW/pvp armor doesn't look nearly as good as the raid armor, its like they put 0 effort into them. i say add a Pve armor set make it grindy sure i still don't mind, but atleast then i know i am able to obtain it the same way i was able to make 7 legendary weapons

Then get other like minded people and go with them. Pug groups aren't yours, they set their rules and you either follow them or make your own. Join a guild, get friends, find other people that think like you and go with them. Getting in the raid isn't hard, finishing it is. And people would like the highest chance of success. Off shoot builds generally have lower chances of success due to lower dps and lower group synergies. I believe a dev said that the dps of an average player is 4 or 500% lower than the top dps. Someone please correct me on this if I'm misremembering.

I am a giant tomato filled with love. I have come to sell you a house made out of pancakes.

• Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2018

Just get a proper "meta" warrior build for raids (either pure condi and/or power) as already mentioned here in this thread by others and play your own build in every other content.
    On a serious note, if you know how to play an encounter, avoid red circles and listen to the commands of your squad you'll barely die first as glass cannon warrior. Usually a lot of dps players will go down before due to not having the high hp pool a warrior has.
    Additionally, people will only call you out for bad dps on a warrior if your dps is really really bad. Most of the squads just need your banners and a "decent" dps because everything else will be covered by others (dps and boon + heal support). Players that are not able to bring that "decent" dps on a so-called bannerslave haven't done their easy homework. Trust me, playing that role is one of the very easy ones and almost a free ride on all the bosses you'll need for the legendary armor. There's almost nothing to do for you except for bringing banners, participating on breaking cc bars and doing the easy dps rotations of the relevant warrior builds. In most pugs & statics the more important roles or boss mechanics in wing 1 - 4 (the ones needed for the legendary armor) are tied to the chronos (for example tanking), druids (pushing orbs, rooting mobs, "protecting" an npc) or dps (destroying special targets). Playing warrior in those wings almost is a no-brainer.

• @Blake.1908 said:

Please tell me what are these attributes that you bring to the group that make you desirable.

• I do not want to be disrespectful so my syntax might be off as English isn't my first language so I might lack the ability to explain myself in a respectful way at times.
    First I'd like to point out your punctuation is random at best, nonexistent at worst. Try working a bit on this, unless you want people to take you less seriously than you deserve.

@Blake.1908 said:
    I play my own style making me as a player unique

Cool, be unique, there's nothing bad with it. However remember the old meme http://zimnox.tech/412012155756Selection002.jpg

yes I do have not so good dps

Namely? Drop some numbers. Personally I think 'not so good dps' sits somewhere between 70 and 80 percentile.

but I have a bunch of other great attributes

Namely? What attributes can you have, when your (assuming you're still talking about that warrior of yours) tasks are composed of dropping banners, doing CC and dps?

Dunno, I don't mind people seeing my rotations (maybe just like me pick up druid, there's nearly no rotation whatsoever) or data that doesn't point to my real life data. DPS meters might not be as popular in other games (I'm not really knowledgeable about this, I might be wrong) but that's because other games don't have horizontal progress, making it easy to tell your usefullness by previewing your gear. Here however it's all about pushing buttons. And believe me, here, since we have such a huge gap between good and lower-end-of-average players (some developer once said that a top weaver player can output 8x more dps than a casual weaver) dps meters give you some chance of being accepted to decent parties, without it the community would find other ways of checking people's 'skill', most probably by even crazier LI checks.

Nope, you are not entitled to anything. Sad but true, legendary armor is a prestige reward, not a participation trophy. If I may inquire further, what is your gear, runes, build?

3: players say guild wars is a game about player skill... uh so wheres the "player skill" in pressing what a website says you must press?

It is a game about player skill. You just don't see this because you're experiencing it from the standpoint of a casual player for whom 'till now it was enough to tap random buttons. It's not 'pressing what a website says you must press.' It's a website run by some of the most knowledgeable and devoted players who in their free time theorycraft and spend time on the golem just so that you can know what is as close to maximum efficiency as possible.

isn't that the same as bot... hmm makes it pretty hard to mess up... might aswell use macro's because its the same keys over and over, I mean who will ever know

It's not. However, if you think it is, why don't you go to the golem and prove us, for all to see, that you can reach 90th percentile or more with your current build.
    Macros aren't really legal this way as they're against EULA as they give you an advantage over other players. And people will know. Especially since doing proper rotations isn't only about tapping skills in set order, it's also about weaving dodging, positioning and execution of mechanics into that.

You don't have to 'depend' on other people. You're free to go in with 9 different people, kitten, you're even free to go there alone and clear most of the bosses with your current build and gear. However let me ask you a question. Would you rather spend hours trying to do that or be a bit less of a snowflake and get in, get kill and get out?

tl;dr
    Your main problem is that you feel you should be entitled to having that legendary armor only due to the fact that you want it. Which is silly but you have a right to feel this way. But since you are running a build as bad as your game knowledge you have no right to feel entitled to people's time that they would have to spend carrying you. Because as someone smart once said, your freedom to swing your fists ends where my nose begins.

• @Blake.1908 said:
    i understand that people prefer the tried and trusted and i have no issue with the players in raids, my real issue is the content that is restricted to that, im sure a lot of people want the legendary armor but cant get it because they cannot raid, i would just like to be able to get my armor even if its in a different way or even another armor set that has some good looking features because lets be honest the WvW/pvp armor doesn't look nearly as good as the raid armor, its like they put 0 effort into them. i say add a Pve armor set make it grindy sure i still don't mind, but atleast then i know i am able to obtain it the same way i was able to make 7 legendary weapons

All you're saying is "I want raid-level rewards, but I can't be bothered to raid properly." Sorry man, I really hope that never happens. It's not out of personal spite against you, OP - I don't know you and more importantly I don't care how you play - it's just that I don't like the idea of making exclusive rewards available in every single game mode. I see no difference between that and someone wanting to PvE "grind out" an sPvP title or badge - the game-mode-exclusive rewards become meaningless if you don't even have to touch that game mode to get that reward.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cyninja.2954 said:
    Not going to repeat what others have said since most issues were covered, this is group content thus either bring what the group asks for or make your own.

Just a small note, if you get kicked due to DPS, depending on the group you joined (and let's be honest, with little kill proof or experience you will not be running in ultra-meta-snow crows demand level groups) that will not be some slightly less dps. It will most likely mean you are useless or about as close to useless as possible that the groups decide not to carry you.

I've seen all type of groups, and people do not get kicked due to a "small lack of dps" (maybe in some ultra hardcore groups, but we've already established that you are most likely not in those to begin with). People get booted because their performance is dead last and terrible and others notice this on arc.

You want to run your own build, gear and setup? Get good enough within the expected range by practicing on the golem or optimizing your performance for other not to notice. Otherwise accept that your knowledge and understanding of the game is vastly inferior to what pro raiders have setup as builds and use one of those and make sure to practice rotations.

TD;DR: you claiming that your performance is a bit below that of others is likely untrue. The only way to not get kicked is to improve your performance in what ever way you feel comfortable.

This is very true, the two groups i run with from time to time as a stand in has no issues with my lower than meta DPS(by about 25% on a bad day, and 15% on a good day, on my Condi SB, though..i was #1 DPS once and i was super happy), only because i stay alive and dont detract very much from the fights because i know the mechanics, and dont get downed.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.

• Wolfb.7025Wolfb.7025 Member ✭✭✭

I want to see you in a raid group with at least other "3 very unique players with their own original-low dps builds" and try to manage killing the boss before reaching the time threshold.

But to be fair, maybe youre not even aware that bosses have a timer and you have to beat them before they go apesh*t and wipe the party. Thats why meta build exists to being with.

Years just pass like trains
    I wave but they don't sloow dooown~ don't slow doown~♪

@Wolfb.7025 said:
    I want to see you in a raid group with at least other "3 very unique players with their own original-low dps builds" and try to manage killing the boss before reaching the time threshold.

But to be fair, maybe youre not even aware that bosses have a timer and you have to beat them before they go apesh*t and wipe the party. Thats why meta build exists to being with.

Tbh that isn't that hard to do with w4. I recall going with a wvw guild on their 1st raid and most of them were using wvw builds. We 1 shot (that 1 time didnt count due to glider malfunction) all bosses except deimos with only 1 person doing more than 10k dps

• yLoon.5289yLoon.5289 Member ✭✭
    edited November 8, 2018

For sure you can play however you want(Hybrid dps condi with pew pew rifle and longbow only weapon set), its just the success rate would be slightly lower due to Enrage Timer. Hence you too are depriving others to get Ledgy.
    Just go find a likeminded person, joined a guild or form your own regular raid team. I think there's even a raid training at Discord, talk to them, I bet you will probably gonna listen to the same thing of what most of the commenters here said.
    Pug group will always emphasize efficiencies. Teamwork is the key in raid (that means each has to excel on their specific role), not individualism.

• Deepcuts.9740Deepcuts.9740 Member ✭✭✭

How exactly will that work for you again? You said it yourself, you are not that good at doing damage. Raid bosses have enrage timers, meaning if the boss is not spanked in a certain amount of time, the party fails.
    I mean the boss might be defeated in the required amount of time (read: you get carried), but if your damage is half the damage another class like yours dished out, would you call it fair?

Don't even know why I am writing this. It is clear by your desire that others should not see how bad you are (read: don't know your real dps) that it is a waste of time.
    Go PvP for legendary armor. At least there you can help others farm you.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

This has to be one of Nike's alt accounts trolling us.

I stand with Mo.

• reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2018

You should be allowed to run whatever build you want, but it is group content, so you need to be able to fulfill your role adequately, so it has to provide the results. If you aren't doing your job, people are perfectly justified in kicking you. Run whatever build you like as long as you can get the job done with it. If it can't perform, you'll have to either adjust it for the group or find a group that's willing to carry you.

Also if you don't want to do dps you should just play a support. Of course, the supports have jobs to do as well, so you better be able to do it.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

Blake, what did you enter the group as? dps? if dps, you will need to dish out the expected dps.. if not, the run can be rough. it puts back to the group if you cant contribute what is expected. there are support role you can play. you just need to find out and research more about raids and professions and how it works as a group. you cant just jump in and play expect to kill a boss. I also suggest you to research on raid training guild and try to join them. because you will learn about raid in a calmer condition.

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2018

I pug raids a lot and warrior dps is usually like 60% of what it should be and nobody cares.
    If you get kicked for low dps on warrior that means you had an epic dps battle with a druid or chrono.

Arcdps allows me to play power reaper without getting kicked. Without it i wouldn't really be able to do that like in old dungeon days.

Just get arcdps yourself so you can compare yourself to other players. Maybe that will make you evaluate your build or playstyle when you see people doing 8 times your damage.

• Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭

I feel like a lot of the ArcDPS hate could be fixed by people just trying it out themselves.
    I used to be very critical of DPS Meters when they used to pop up years ago, until I tried Arc myself.
    The amount and speed of self-improvement as a player I gained from that since then was phenomenal.

Right now, for you, you just "randomly" get kicked because some evil program shows people your DPS, which seems unfair.
    If you were actually using ArcDPS and saw your own DPS, which must be horrendous to be kicked as Bannerslave, you might get a better understanding of the expected level of DPS by watching others and your own performance and be more motivated to improve yourself.
    When a Boon Support Chrono is out dps'ing you, and you can see the levels that other DPS players perform at, you will maybe understand that it's not Arc, it's you.

Either you improve yourself and play at the expected level to clear Raids without having to be carried by the other 9 players, or you make your own completely off Meta group after your own rules and try to clear Raids with that.
    Either way, you are going to have to put some effort in if you want to be able to Raid. You are not entitled to get the Legendary armour without putting the work in to clear the required content.

A unique build or playstyle is not inherently a quality if it performs horribly. In fact, it's ArcDPS that allows unique builds to be accepted in Raids (if people are willing to give you a shot to prove yourself in the first place), if your performance is still on par with that build.
    Without trying to be rude, your are not getting kicked for being unique, as that is fine. You are getting kicked for performing badly and letting 9 other players down, while you happen to play a unique build. That's not fair to anyone else in that group.

If performing well as DPS doesn't take any skill (according to you), it shouldn't be much trouble for you to gear a proper Raid character for that very purpose and just do that particular content on that.

"As you know, those who you once called friends have become enemies." ~Glint

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭

@Blake.1908 said:

1) Why wouldn't they have a right to see what's going on if you are a part of their team?
    2) Nobody is entitled to get anything, no matter what gear they wear.
    3) The fact that your own rotation and gear gave you far worse results kind of negates this point unless all you care about is being special
    4) They could do that and you'd still continue to underperform if you continued to refuse the use of efficient builds and gear

In any case, you joined in full knowledge that you do not fullfill the requirements they set but you decided to join anyways?
    Pretty much disrespecting the wishes of the majority of the squad over your own selfish ideas and now you are pissed that there is a tool
    which makes said thing obvious to everyone? That says more about you than it says about those you complain about or ArcDPS.

Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs. Henry Ford

• Deepcuts.9740Deepcuts.9740 Member ✭✭✭

As a side note: just joined a "ALL WELCOME" Gorseval run as a Druid.
    I had it done this week so I joined out of boredom.
    3 out of 6 dps were under 10K dps. One Holo was under 6K dps.
    The other 3 dps were over 20K.
    The problem is that we had a tough time to beat the 1st timer and get Gorseval to 66%. As in we did not get past the 1st checkpoint in 4 tries.
    Many people in the squad were running ArcDPS but none of them said a word about the lack of dps, respectively to ask very low dps people to step up their game a bit.
    Instead, they kept giving "tips" to Druids on how to play, what spirits to run, when to heal, etc , etc.
    I know I joined a "ALL WELCOME" squad, but with all the best intentions at heart, without the required dps, nobody can do anything about it.
    The squad will just stall and then we will have posts like this one (if this is not a troll post).
    I am not saying every dps should dish out metabattle scores, but anything under 10K, imho, you must be afk as a dps.

• Just to add some information:

I never ever used a meta build appearing on SCs site. I almost always take a dps role, but also often heal as a tempest.
    I'm over 250LI and have done halv the CMs and all normal modes.

I got kicked from groups for low dps maybe once or twice over the last year and that was really to not doing my stuff right, really messing up my play.
    In the beginning my dps really wasn't that good but now I almost always turn out on the top 3 spots, but it hasn't always been like this.

If benchmark dps on a boss is 20k and you reach 10k you usually won't be kicked, as the bosses have easy enrage timers. But if you really underperform to a 5k level this makes encounters impossible to beat and therefore it's useless to even have you in the team, as having you makes the encounter impossible, and you can't ask for that.

Try the dps golems with agreed buffs. If you reach around 20k you are fine for everything beside some CMs/specific encounters. If you reach 25k you can often top the lists. >30k is not needed and not asked for at all in pugs.

Viable != Optimal

Not viable = You only get carried, 10 players with a build as "viable as yours" can't properly do it.

• @Blake.1908 said:
    am I not entitled to get my legendary armor?

Please point me toward the form I have to fill in to claim my free effortless legendary armor. I already crafted 2 but if I'm to get one just for playing the game I would love to finish my Envoys Herald with it.

• thrag.9740thrag.9740 Member ✭✭✭

@Blake.1908 said:

Because your on a team, and your not entitled to that team carrying you.

@Blake.1908 said:

Your not entitled to the time of your team, you have to earn the time of your 9 teammates by pulling your own weight

• Do you know your own dps? I'm genuinely curious.
    I suggest you install arcdps, head to the golem and see how much damage you can crank out from start to finish. If you can land between 10 to 15K/s then your dps is adequate for a BS and your squad should not kick you. If you are running under 10K/s I suggest you take a look at your build/gear/rotation and find ways to improve it. You will find arcdps a sort of personal coach that points out your weakness and motivates you to improve.

And regarding the not wanting to run berserkers remark, you either run berserker/assassin for pdps or viper for cdps. You don't need anything else since healing is done for you and a tank will keep the boss distracted for you. Other than that: dodge.

Just keep trying, keep improving and you'll have your legendary armor in notime.

• @Blake.1908 said:

If you want the shiny raid skin, then you have to put in the effort to raid. If you just want non ugly legendary armor, you can craft wvw or pvp then reskin it with your favorite pve cosmetics.

Raid bosses have an enrage timer, meaning they will wipe your group if you dont kill them in time. If you dont deal enough damage, you wont kill them in time. You need to find a build that deals enough damage to beat the timer. Your build right now isnt working for that. Groups have a right to replace you if your personal performance is bad enough to cause failure.

• @voltaicbore.8012 said:

@Blake.1908 said:

All you're saying is "I want raid-level rewards, but I can't be bothered to raid properly." Sorry man, I really hope that never happens. It's not out of personal spite against you, OP - I don't know you and more importantly I don't care how you play - it's just that I don't like the idea of making exclusive rewards available in every single game mode. I see no difference between that and someone wanting to PvE "grind out" an sPvP title or badge - the game-mode-exclusive rewards become meaningless if you don't even have to touch that game mode to get that reward.

The actual solution to this is to provide an entirely crafting-based way to get legendary armor. But we can't do that because... reasons that mysteriously don't apply to legendary weapons somehow.

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah a lot of wvw and pvp players aren't welcome because we usually set ourselves up to defend against things that fight back. Of course anet realized that and time gated it to the point where I almost have a legendary set for each type of armor without ever doing raids. So I figure by the time I finish this last set either some new carrot is coming out or nothing at all.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018

@Klypto.1703 said:
    Yeah a lot of wvw and pvp players aren't welcome because we usually set ourselves up to defend against things that fight back. Of course anet realized that and time gated it to the point where I almost have a legendary set for each type of armor without ever doing raids. So I figure by the time I finish this last set either some new carrot is coming out or nothing at all.

This goes directly contrary to what I have witnessed in game.

Decent spvp and wvw players who understand stats, rotations, class skills and builds usually are very welcome in raids and have a way shorter learning curve and process than pve players. I personally prefer having a spvp or wvw player over a pve player in practice raids, it cuts the explanation time on many things a lot shorter.

Now if you are a spvp and wvw player who does not adapt to the content you play and/or do not have good understanding of your class then yes, you will have issues in raids. In that case, how good of a spvp and wvw player were you to begin with though?

• Grogba.6204Grogba.6204 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018

@Nephalem.8921 said:
    Arcdps allows me to play power reaper without getting kicked. Without it i wouldn't really be able to do that like in old dungeon days.

I think we played fractals once or twice in the past weeks. You gave my Holo friend a good scare when you creeped up on him with your Reaper. :+1:

Regularly amazing to watch what a _dedicated _ Reaper can do compared to the average FotM Holo, Weaver, DD or DH. SC, dT and MetaBattle are great guidelines but I think too many players follow blindly what is best rather than what is most suited for their playstyle. :shrug:

• If you get kicked in low end group for your dps as a bannerslave you are not hitting the boss. Im dead serious. It is more likely that you are failing mechanics. I pug alot and pug commanders hardly kick people for their dps.

• @Blake.1908 said:
    i have no issue with the players in raids,

Your original post says you do have an issue with the players in raids: those who use ArcDPS, those who want the rest of the team to know the mechanics, and so on.

im sure a lot of people want the legendary armor but cant get it because they cannot raid,

Legendary armor was designed to be a specific reward for raiding. They've created two ways to obtain its gear-swapping ability outside of raiding; they have promised that they won't introduce an alternative way to get the skin.

lets be honest the WvW/pvp armor doesn't look nearly as good as the raid armor,

A lot of people prefer the WvW or PvP skins.

i know i am able to obtain it the same way i was able to make 7 legendary weapons

Many people don't like the idea that anyone can just buy a legendary with gold (generation I) and many don't like the idea that legendary armor is just a matter of grind (gen I & II). "Legendary" to some folks means something requiring more than showing up at the right place on enough occasions.

"With great power comes not-so-great utility bills."

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.