I am single worst person at PVE ever

In all the time of PVE. There has never been more of an epic fail than my actions. I love PVP, its simple, straightforward. You just attack the guy moving its simple. However PVE I was bored I tried a level thirty dungeon. We wiped, no big deal. Then we wiped again.

They told me not to hit to hit this one boss but a player was already downed near him. I went to help him but I ended up dying also. They're like "WTF" in chat. But I don't know. I was trying to help someone but I also arrgoed the boss. I don't PVE. People are mean and bossy.

do ya know how people flame in pvp at platinum????????you played with feeders and you have no experience at all in pve. just look what good players do and don't do those mistakes and watch animation of boss.pve is less toxic than pvp. i play both. but don't tell use "i'll never do it cuz people are meanie and bossy" no one forces you to do it. just don't complain about it like this.

Hey, stuff happens. Shrug it off, learn from it, and get over it. It's not a big deal, especially at such a low-level dungeon. Don't worry about it. (Because, trust me, I'm pretty sure everybody has done something like this at some point, even the veteran players. :))

"level 30 dungeon""They told me not to hit to hit this one boss but a player was already downed near him. I went to help him but I ended up dying also."

I guess people are still skipping cave troll in Ascalonian Catacombs? xD

to OP:the boss you are most likely refering to is optional event in the dungeon, and it requires team effort coordination and brain (or at least did few years ago - I was expecting it to be relic of the past with all the powercreep in between) to defeat - something some AC runners seems to still lack, and they assumed that since it's content so old everyone and their grandma will know about this. then that other guy went ahead to fight it, you went to help him and they got irritated, since we've already established not enought effort/brain in the party ;)

Continue to do your best and to learn from experience. Don't generalize though and say "people are mean and bossy", but instead say "some people are mean and bossy". I've found that there are also quite a few out there who are "patient and instructive". Which category of person is the majority though is open to interpretation.

i found that there are 3 kinds of dungeon ppl.

1. ppl who just attack anything they find and blame others for a whipe.
  2. ppl who say what to do before anyone even has a chance to screw up
  3. ppl who just go with the flow but know what they're doing.

sadly i have only seen 1 and 3......because last time i tried to do the inquest one no one ever said i should not attack the golems yet blamed me for attacking one.

@"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:"level 30 dungeon""They told me not to hit to hit this one boss but a player was already downed near him. I went to help him but I ended up dying also."

I guess people are still skipping cave troll in Ascalonian Catacombs? xD

to OP:the boss you are most likely refering to is optional event in the dungeon, and it requires team effort coordination and brain (or at least did few years ago - I was expecting it to be relic of the past with all the powercreep in between) to defeat - something some AC runners seems to still lack, and they assumed that since it's content so old everyone and their grandma will know about this. then that other guy went ahead to fight it, you went to help him and they got irritated, since we've already established not enought effort/brain in the party ;)

It is also one of the most poorly made content in the game.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

@"Cevlakohn.2165" said:Run some dungeons with me and I promise you'll feel way better about your own abilities.

- mash buttons
- jump out of red circle
- mash moar buttons

I did my best. I hate when things don't go right and people snap.

Besides having to run 1 or 2 recently for collections, I haven't done fractals in 4 years or dungeons for this exact reason. Im scared to even try to go into raids. I literally got called every name in the book and got booted from party, then guild for not knowing the paths. Thing is, I went into it telling them I didnt know. For this reason I am guildless and run solo in "explore" mode only. Thank the Six for map chat to keep me company LOL

isn't it a good thing that you have nice experiences in pvp? cuz my pvp experiences are bad man.since my pvp rank is high, i'll always get matched up with good peeps. off seasons, it's as much as a dramafest as in season. i can't even test builds on a class i'm not fluent in unranked, off season, without people flaming left and right.if it's bad to a point it hits my button, i'd be bugging enough, i'll switch during the game to carry on my main class just to eat 16 mins Dishonor after that. when top stats show up, everyone just automatically shuts up because numbers aren't lying. so honestly it's a good thing that you have nice exp with pvp xDDduring a ranked season, it's just as bad even in higher divisions.

dungeons are another story since most people want to "speed run". you gotta do this, stand here, wait till call out or somebody aggro first then you can smack buttons.
if someone died, think of it like they die because of their mistake. don't make the same mistake as them, unless others tell you it's safe to do so.it's been quite sometime since i run my dungeons and honestly it's not a fun exp anymore when people try to find ways to cheese things.but yea, if you want to do dungeons, kindly follow someone who knows and doesn't seem bitchy. so they'll tell you some of the mechanics. or you could just lfg on the "contact and lfg" section, put it there that you need help with mechanics and more often, people will join and teach you.otherwise, most groups, i'd assume they're speed running, so it's not a good place to start up for you.

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience playing dungeons/fractals/raids (if you do them, i don't because i have a toddler and focus can be an issue) with friends and/or guild makes all the difference. Unfortunately PUGS are a crap shoot, you either get a friendly run (even with mistakes, but you need to speak up from the go and tell them if you've never run said content before) or tryhard weenies. Don't let one bad experience sour you on the whole thing, trust me, we've all been there as well at some point.

@"Icemanfrost.5428" said:In all the time of PVE. There has never been more of an epic fail than my actions. I love PVP, its simple, straightforward. You just attack the guy moving its simple. However PVE I was bored I tried a level thirty dungeon. We wiped, no big deal. Then we wiped again.

They told me not to hit to hit this one boss but a player was already downed near him. I went to help him but I ended up dying also. They're like "kitten" in chat. But I don't know. I was trying to help someone but I also arrgoed the boss. I don't PVE. People are mean and bossy.

In PvP you need to know the abilities of every class and be able to recognize what a player is going or preparing to do, so you can react, counter or fake them out.

In PvE you need to know the abilities of every mob and be able to recognize what a mob is going or preparing to do, so you can react, counter or mitigate it.

It doesn't stand to reason that expertise in one game mode would translate to expertise in the other. Both would have to be learned.

TL:DR Don't be hard on yourself, you are just new to PvE. Give it time and you'll be looting AI mobs like everyone else.

@sorudo.9054 said:i found that there are 3 kinds of dungeon ppl.

1. ppl who just attack anything they find and blame others for a whipe.
  2. ppl who say what to do before anyone even has a chance to screw up
  3. ppl who just go with the flow but know what they're doing.

sadly i have only seen 1 and 3......because last time i tried to do the inquest one no one ever said i should not attack the golems yet blamed me for attacking one.

Well, unless you say that you're new to the dungeon / path, it is generally assumed that you know everything and are just there for farming. If I know someone is new and needs explanations, I usually explain what to do. But how am I supposed to know unless you tell me at the beginning? If you have low AP I might ask if you're new (even then it's most of the time an experienced player on a second account), otherwise I assume you're a pro who farms this path for the x>20th time.

Archived