Runes and Sigils rework at 11/13

breno.5423

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/november-13-salvage-runes-and-sigils/

Just, unnecessary.I don't even need 1 minute to realize how dumb are these changes at sPvP perspective.

Imagine those bursty builds (engineer static / mesmer shatter zerk / elementalist fresh air...) which cast 10 skills in a second with this new "sigil of vision". The entire burst is gonna be critical, because they don't need 3 seconds to cast everything.

Now imagine firebrand harrier with this new "sigil of celerity". 5 seconds of quickness will become 10.

What about +125 ferocity to Rune of Scholar? This is all what the 1 shot meta asked for.

/cheer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"breno.5423" said:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/november-13-salvage-runes-and-sigils/

Just, unnecessary.I don't even need 1 minute to realize how dumb are these changes at sPvP perspective.

Imagine those bursty builds (engineer static / mesmer shatter zerk / elementalist fresh air...) which cast 10 skills in a second with this new "sigil of vision". The entire burst is gonna be critical, because they don't need 3 seconds to cast everything.

Now imagine firebrand harrier with this new "sigil of celerity". 5 seconds of quickness will become 10.

What about +125 ferocity to Rune of Scholar? This is all what the 1 shot meta asked for.

/cheer

the quickness sigil is so broken looooooooooooooooooooool

@zoopop.5630 said:Not gonna lie some of these changes are dope, overall I love it lol, I can see some big balance update coming up middle of the season or sooner.

the power creep is insane. this is not good. only good change is sigil of concentration imo. that nerf is good. but 5s quickness on disable is like... way too much..

I like the overall idea behind these changes, but the numerical values are just too high which is very apparent before these changes are even released.

Anet, please consider toning them down! Sigil of Vision should be 1.5 seconds instead of 3 seconds, or keep it at 3 seconds but up the cd to 18 seconds, and Sigil of Celerity should be 2 seconds quickness on 10 s cooldown.

• ArenaNet Staff

There are no new runes or sigils being added to pvp with this update. Celerity is an existing pve sigil and Vision is a new pve sigil, so neither of them will be available in pvp. Intelligence will retain its existing functionality and will still be available in pvp.

If you do the math on the Scholar change you'll see that 125 ferocity is about a 3-4% damage increase depending on amulet choice and additional crit chance. Given that the 6 bonus loses 5%>90% the overall damage ends up being pretty similar. You get a bit more damage while under 90% at the cost of damage over 90%, which is probably a positive most of the time but isn't an increase to 1-shot potential.

There will be a lot of changes to existing runes and sigils for pvp. We have done some preemptive splits and will be keeping a close eye on everything else with the plan of splitting anything that becomes too much of a problem.

@Cal Cohen.3527 said:There are no new runes or sigils being added to pvp with this update. Celerity is an existing pve sigil and Vision is a new pve sigil, so neither of them will be available in pvp. Intelligence will retain its existing functionality and will still be available in pvp.

If you do the math on the Scholar change you'll see that 125 ferocity is about a 3-4% damage increase depending on amulet choice and additional crit chance. Given that the 6 bonus loses 5%>90% the overall damage ends up being pretty similar. You get a bit more damage while under 90% at the cost of damage over 90%, which is probably a positive most of the time but isn't an increase to 1-shot potential.

There will be a lot of changes to existing runes and sigils for pvp. We have done some preemptive splits and will be keeping a close eye on everything else with the plan of splitting anything that becomes too much of a problem.

Thanks! And nice forum picture

@Cal Cohen.3527 said:There are no new runes or sigils being added to pvp with this update. Celerity is an existing pve sigil and Vision is a new pve sigil, so neither of them will be available in pvp. Intelligence will retain its existing functionality and will still be available in pvp.

I stand corrected. Thank you for clarifying this!

Hi, can you make wvw be treated as pvp too? Thank you. If not, can you reduce damage from wvw by 66% with this patch? Thank you.

Otherwise what OP said will be true there, except 10 times harder with all the bloated stats, well i know wvw was never balanced to begin with but...i'm not particularly fond of seeing all the builds OP mentioned kill me faster than my ping can react. 5 second quickness and the vision sigil will be SO KITTEN BROKEN there lmao

@Nebilim.5127 said:

Hi, can you make wvw be treated as pvp too? Thank you. If not, can you reduce damage from wvw by 66% with this patch? Thank you.

Otherwise what OP said will be true there, except 10 times harder with all the bloated stats, well i know wvw was never balanced to begin with but...i'm not particularly fond of seeing all the builds OP mentioned kill me faster than my ping can react. 5 second quickness and the vision sigil will be SO KITTEN BROKEN there lmao

Agree

Playerbase: Help! The game is plagued with braindead damage sources with baked-in invuln rotations that a kindergartner could master.Arenanet: Let's slightly revamp the one part of our bloated gear system that we could probably completely delete without it even having that much of a game-wide impact!

Truly anet/10.

@WolfSparkSmack.2649 said:Don't cry, this is epic awesome, its always good when we have a big change, so we can have a whole new experience!

There is nothing new about this experience. The only change is how everyone will read the patch note list, grab the 1-3 best runes which grant the most damage, CC and/or bonus health/invuln states, and then everyone's inventory will be slightly cleaner. That's the entire big update. The only real change will be to random rune prices on the trading post.

That’s cool ?. Scholar is surely a buff in sPvP. Unless you are playing a 1 shot build. It is good on all sides.

@"breno.5423" said:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/november-13-salvage-runes-and-sigils/

Boohoo. Many people have asked for this because if you haven't noticed, most runes and sigils are lost in obscurity because they are hot trash.

Implying they don't already crit most of the time. I welcome this. Makes my Balanced Stance better :)

What? They only gain it for THEMSELVES IF they disable.

/cheer

Overall damage isn't going to be much different, if not lower even. It simply got shifted from all or nothing to having more base line.

@Nebilim.5127 said:

Runes and sigils are not going to make everybody one shot you even harder than they already do. Whole thing blown out of proportion. Yeah, 5 second quickness soooo OP, every 20 seconds IF you CC somebody. Crazy good. Boon strip still exists as well. ALso, what do you even do with Quickness after you land a CC? Unload your stuff? Huge difference. If somebody is CCd and doesn't have a stunbreak they die, Quickness on you for that or not. Damage overall isn't going up.

@Swagg.9236 said:Playerbase: Help! The game is plagued with braindead damage sources with baked-in invuln rotations that a kindergartner could master.Arenanet: Let's slightly revamp the one part of our bloated gear system that we could probably completely delete without it even having that much of a game-wide impact!

Truly anet/10.

More like:

Playerbase: 90% of Runes and Sigils don't even have TP value! They are useless! Please rework them.Anet: Here, have a rework and new means of acquisition for all of them.

You can't make it right for you people. Just wait and see, complain when you've seen everything. You complain if they change things people want, you complain if they don't. It's never enough. Then, whenever it's convenient you pretend like they never change anything. Stop that.

2 plus 2 is 4 minus 1 is 3 quick maths

Nice

Archived