Rune/Sigil changes and Guardian

mrauls.6519

Edit: Patch finally dropped: http://dulfy.net/2018/11/13/gw2-nov-13-game-update-patch-notes/

DH Speed God WvW Build

High uptime on swiftness means you can kite a lot (you will have a movement speed buff of 66% - they buffed rune of speed). You will have an OOC movement speed buff of 25%. Cleansing has been buffed in PvE, it now removes 3 condis. Energy can be swapped to Air if you feel like you won't need the extra dodge. You can change cleansing as well to energy... Just food for thought

Edit #2: Rune of the Centaur may be viable for WvW and PvP... Use your heal skill OOC to get an easy 15 seconds of swiftness. If you're using LoW, you'll have a 5 second downtime on swiftness and if you're using Purification, you'll have a 9 second downtime. Using only one sigil of agility will help maintain swiftness during combat by a lot. My main gripe with swiftness and DH is that if it gets corrupted/removed we're SOL until our heal skill is back

Edit #3: Rune of the Pack looks like it was nerfed? Doesn't reapply every 20 seconds?

~~This will be extremely strong for full-melee DH. You'll essentially be able to run a valkyrie's amulet and burst once every 10 seconds. Tether someone for +30% damage, see if you can apply aegis with shield 4, weapon swap to GS (agility + vision), and WW is going to easily hit 15k in 0.4 seconds. ~~

Edit: Never mind, a dev clarified that these new sigils won't be coming to pvp. Still though, this means they'll be available in wvw which is a secondary worry.

@"mrauls.6519" said:That will be amazing for power Guard most likely. Can't wait to see what happens. In case you missed it:http://dulfy.net/2018/11/06/gw2-introducing-rune-sigil-salvage/

I run Core Guard and with ret up, my crit chance is 100%, and I have pretty much 100% uptime on ret :open_mouth:

Still, interesting change. I'm always happy to see crafting expand.

@"mrauls.6519" said:I have high hopes for the sigil changes next week. Sigil changes = a balance change in a way. The new sigil of intelligence will make ALL attacks crit for 3 seconds... Holy Jesus Christ. That will be amazing for power Guard most likely. Can't wait to see what happens. In case you missed it:http://dulfy.net/2018/11/06/gw2-introducing-rune-sigil-salvage/

Core guardian runs 100% critic, so does all power builds in PvE. It looks like a cool Sigil but I do not see a use for it on most classes.

@otto.5684 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:I have high hopes for the sigil changes next week. Sigil changes = a balance change in a way. The new sigil of intelligence will make ALL attacks crit for 3 seconds... Holy Jesus Christ. That will be amazing for power Guard most likely. Can't wait to see what happens. In case you missed it:

Core guardian runs 100% critic, so does all power builds in PvE. It looks like a cool Sigil but I do not see a use for it on most classes.

I was trying to be inclusive, but I really hope this helps out power DH in a way xD

If the sixth rune in Dwayna means 10% more base healthpool it is kind of lame but if it is 10% more health on top of base+vitality it becomes more interesting.

I like this rune at a first glance, looks very nice on my celestial firebrand.

(1): +25 Healing(2): +10% Regeneration Duration(3): +50 Healing(4): +20% Regeneration Duration(5): +100 Healing(6): +10% Maximum Health; regeneration you apply is 20% more effective.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:That will be amazing for power Guard most likely. Can't wait to see what happens. In case you missed it:

I run Core Guard and with ret up, my crit chance is 100%, and I have pretty much 100% uptime on ret :open_mouth:

how do u get 100-% critical?

@alchemist.6851 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:That will be amazing for power Guard most likely. Can't wait to see what happens. In case you missed it:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Righteous_Instincts = 50%https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Radiant_Power = 10%My gear = 40%

Because of the Virtues trait line, activating F1 grants retaliation (and sets your target on fire) and thanks to Radiance trait line, Virtue of Justice (F1) is reset whenever a mob dies, providing almost effortless retaliation uptime. And for when your target happens to not be on fire, if you're in a group, chances are you are getting hit with fury from some source, so again you're crit capped.

As a rule you also get retaliation from GS 4, and if you use G3 through your symbol which is a light field, you get retaliation from the light aura (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Light_Aura) you create by using a leap finisher - all helpful for when you're fighting a boss and can't get a kill to reset your F1.

@Brutaly.6257 said:If the sixth rune in Dwayna means 10% more base healthpool it is kind of lame but if it is 10% more health on top of base+vitality it becomes more interesting.

I like this rune at a first glance, looks very nice on my celestial firebrand.

(1): +25 Healing(2): +10% Regeneration Duration(3): +50 Healing(4): +20% Regeneration Duration(5): +100 Healing(6): +10% Maximum Health; regeneration you apply is 20% more effective.

It should take vitality into account like divinity runes do.

@"mrauls.6519" said:Rune of Speed looks so juicy. I'm thinking about dropping my double energy sigils and replacing them with agility... and replacing travelers rune with speed... 66% movement speed with swiftness? Whaaat...

I thought the same for my core guard retaliation running GS (air/agility) and SW/FC (agility/blood) together with speed rune, any other potential synergies from a wvw roaming perspective?

@Bheowulf.4572 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:Rune of Speed looks so juicy. I'm thinking about dropping my double energy sigils and replacing them with agility... and replacing travelers rune with speed... 66% movement speed with swiftness? Whaaat...

I thought the same for my core guard retaliation running GS (air/agility) and SW/FC (agility/blood) together with speed rune, any other potential synergies from a wvw roaming perspective?

Air and Blood definitely became more reliable with this patch as well. Since you'll be slow OOC with core guard, use a staff to give you swiftness before moving, then swap back to GS. Sigil of cleansing got buffed in PvE/WvW (3 conditions instead of 1 removed!).

Nothing else caught my eye - I was mainly focused on how movement speed runes/sigils changed.

Speed is probably going to get nerfed... it's pretty ridiculous.Defender is probably going to be nerfed... pretty insane on warriors with shield 5 and DH VoC, etc...New Sanctuary is meh... works only on certain heals. Doesn't work with litany damage healing.Torment is crazy on a mirage as they apply torment so easily.

I saw the change as well the change regarding the cleansing sigil... might change a bit my power rev (sao weak against condis). Any other thoughts regarding core guard and/or DH in wvw roaming? I have always used runes which were providing +25% mvt speed but now is it still the way to go? Or maybe a more dmg oriented set of runes with the risk of being kited?

@"Blasino.3128" said:Speed is probably going to get nerfed... it's pretty ridiculous.Defender is probably going to be nerfed... pretty insane on warriors with shield 5 and DH VoC, etc...New Sanctuary is meh... works only on certain heals. Doesn't work with litany damage healing.

Yeah I saw defender and thought "hmm, finally a use for Shelter" lol.

I too am hoping Speed gets nerfed because I can already tell it's going to make certain classes crazy

@Bheowulf.4572 said:I saw the change as well the change regarding the cleansing sigil... might change a bit my power rev (sao weak against condis). Any other thoughts regarding core guard and/or DH in wvw roaming? I have always used runes which were providing +25% mvt speed but now is it still the way to go? Or maybe a more dmg oriented set of runes with the risk of being kited?

Running the risk of being kited is never a good thing. I suggest running Traveler or Speed in WvW. The only way I would suggest you run something else is if you can afford the 25 percent movement speed utility food

Edit: Centaur Rune may work for core

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

= 50%
= 10%My gear = 40%

Because of the Virtues trait line, activating F1 grants retaliation (and sets your target on fire) and thanks to Radiance trait line, Virtue of Justice (F1) is reset whenever a mob dies, providing almost effortless retaliation uptime. And for when your target happens to not be on fire, if you're in a group, chances are you are getting hit with fury from some source, so again you're crit capped.

As a rule you also get retaliation from GS 4, and if you use G3 through your symbol which is a light field, you get retaliation from the light aura (
) you create by using a leap finisher - all helpful for when you're fighting a boss and can't get a kill to reset your F1.

thank you! this is very informative.. i can’t help but notice shield 5 heal skill doesn’t grant retaliation but instead sword 1 does with radiance trait

Archived