Sigils and runes during Raids

Uhhh.. yes, the ferocity does make up for that. It's like a 2% damage loss, for every DPS. Big deal.

Sigil got power taken away, some got put into runes. If you want the optimal setup you'll need a combo of both for it. But yeah, Concentration Sigil is the biggest loser in all of this most likely

/shrug wait until you see it. This is a long needed update and you're overreacting over 1 "bad" thing you see

@"MisterDapper.5984" said:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/november-13-salvage-runes-and-sigils/

So basically DPS classes are screwed across the board from the 5% damage nerf and the +125 ferocity doesn't matter make up for that.Moreover chrono tanks got screwed by the sigil of concentration nerf. If you recently made a chrono tank you just lost a ton of gold.Are we even going to be able to clear some of these raids?What is Anet thinking?I wouldn't be surprised if some players quit the game over this poor decision making. So much time and money goes into raiding and some of that you'll never get back now.

On a complementary note to what the other people said, they are massively changing every rune and sigil in the game and there might be new combinations that more than make up for the loss of DPS in most cases. Also the loss is trivial and most groups are already well over the minimum DPS on every single boss. Your above-average Dhuum run finishes well around 2:25 and it's not uncommon to finish Qadim with several minutes remaining on the timer, etc.

Same goes for sigil of concentration that was unnecessarily OP with 2 chronos already over-buffing the entire squad. I didn't even use it myself for example and no one ever noticed. I might buy one now since it'll be cheaper but there might be even better options lying around, specially as far as runes are concerned, they might change a lot of things. I'm personally excited for this.

Laughs in legendary armor

Torn on the Sigil of Concentration change, equipping more concentration gear feels bad but the changes to Scholar narrow the gap between <90% and >90% greatly. The loss of 5% damage will affect conditions the most... which are are more less or neglectable. On the other side, 125 ferocity is no joke and having said bonus up at all times is very nice actually. (Chip damage is a thing)

@"MisterDapper.5984" said:I retract my former statement.

Still really sucks for anyone who recently got into chrono tanking. If they're going to make this big of change. Some kind of compensation should be provided imo. My guildmate just lost a ton of gold because she made it a few days ago.

1. It's a game and she didn't lose real money as long as she didn't convert money into gold (a thing veteran players shouldn't even think about).
  2. It's a game and everybody needs to be aware that changes are possible - every fricking (Tues)day.
  3. Ton of gold? Seriously, how many sigils were bought by her? Usually if you start to tank/play chrono you would buy maybe 2? Since the sigil is still worth some gold she didn't lose a "ton". Also, you'll make at least 50g per full clear a week - and that's only raiding. She or you should really get over it, lol.

@Grogba.6204 said:Laughs in legendary armor

Torn on the Sigil of Concentration change, equipping more concentration gear feels bad but the changes to Scholar narrow the gap between <90% and >90% greatly. The loss of 5% damage will affect conditions the most... which are are more less or neglectable. On the other side, 125 ferocity is no joke and having said bonus up at all times is very nice actually. (Chip damage is a thing)

Scholar never touched condi for damage boost. That’s why renegade runes and zerker runes were so good.

I always thought concentration sigil was stupid, I've never ran one, always choosing to use force/accuracy with more boon gear on an off-tank build, and water/transference on a healing chrono build.

@"MisterDapper.5984" said:Still really sucks for anyone who recently got into chrono tanking. If they're going to make this big of change. Some kind of compensation should be provided imo. My guildmate just lost a ton of gold because she made it a few days ago.Thats the life of strictly chasing the meta. No they shouldn't be refunded. Just 2 weeks ago we had this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9qirmv/raiding_on_a_budget_week_1_27g_support/

Your guild mate didn't have to jump into raiding by making a super expensive build. Many raiders start raiding with cheap builds to build up the resources to easily gear up the more expensive stuff. They could have made a cheap build, they chose not to.

Scholar damage boost is on power (condi was never in the equation, unless stated like Sigil of Bursting).

New scholar rune : +125 ferocity = 8% (8.33% to be exact), plus additional 5% while HP above 90%. (Previously 10% dmg while HP above 90%). 13% in total sounds like a buff to me, and more viable too since players still retains 8% while HP below the threshold.

Could tell you how many Sigils of Concentraton I own and use over many, many characters. Some of which are META and some are certainly not but this in itself already shows how broken that sigil is. And that always made it obvious that they might eventually do something about it. Buying expensive items always comes at a risk in this game. We have had many instances of ArenaNet introducing new ways of acquiring rare stuff or reintroducing certain expensive items later on. Sucks to be your friend but it is hardly any particularly big "loss".

@Eramonster.2718 said:Scholar damage boost is on power (condi was never in the equation, unless stated like Sigil of Bursting).

New scholar rune : +125 ferocity = 8% (8.33% to be exact), plus additional 5% while HP above 90%. (Previously 10% dmg while HP above 90%). 13% in total sounds like a buff to me, and more viable too since players still retains 8% while below the HP threshold.

If it rly is 8 then it id 13.4% because those 5'percent increse the damage from fereocity too

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"MisterDapper.5984" said:

So basically DPS classes are screwed across the board from the 5% damage nerf and the +125 ferocity doesn't matter make up for that.

Have you done the math to come to that conclusion?

It's a nerf if you are above ~375 ferocity and a buff below with 100% scholar uptime. So it's actually a buff for Holo for example since he has only one weak ferocity trait and loses scholar during overheat.100% scholar uptime wasn't achievable on every fight anyways so it should be a buff on most bosses.My math could also be completely off, feel free to correct me.

@Eramonster.2718 said:Scholar damage boost is on power (condi was never in the equation, unless stated like Sigil of Bursting).

New scholar rune : +125 ferocity = 8% (8.33% to be exact), plus additional 5% while HP above 90%. (Previously 10% dmg while HP above 90%). 13% in total sounds like a buff to me, and more viable too since players still retains 8% while HP below the threshold.

It's not that simple. You have to look at the increase you gain over your current critical damage to get damage gained by that ferocity, different for each build.Then you have to multiply the values instead of adding them since the 5% damage increases the critical damage aswell.

it's 8% critical damagelike if your build has 250% crit damage when fully buffed, that 8% increases it by 258/250 = 1.032 times = 3.2% damage increase

@Nephalem.8921 said:

New scholar rune :
+125 ferocity = 8%
(8.33% to be exact), plus additional 5% while HP above 90%. (Previously 10% dmg while HP above 90%). 13% in total sounds like a buff to me, and more viable too since players still retains 8% while HP below the threshold.

It's not that simple. You have to look at the increase you gain over your current critical damage to get damage gained by that ferocity, different for each build.Then you have to multiply the values instead of adding them since the 5% damage increases the critical damage aswell.

Woops :blush: ! You and reikken.4961 are both right, I totally ommitted it's crit dmg. Result does seems to be lower(nerf), by 1.5%-ish(?). Assuming 100% crit chance and with HP above 90% entire time...

@"MisterDapper.5984" said:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/november-13-salvage-runes-and-sigils/

chrono tanks got screwed by the sigil of concentration nerf. If you recently made a chrono tank you just lost a ton of gold.

You need to go to Auric to panic. Changing those zerk pieces to commander will get this boon duration back to 100% .

Or crono tank will simply abandon that old build and run minstrel

Or something else. People are resourceful. As far as crono is the only class that gets you alacrity and so much boons with quickness . It will never get screwed

@Nephalem.8921 said:100% scholar uptime wasn't achievable on every fight anyways so it should be a buff on most bosses.

Its a nerf if your current scholar uptime is above ~70% for most classes, 65% to 75% if you want to include all classes.

But yeah, the nerf isnt that big and really depends on your ferocity. The more ferocity you have before the patch, the harder the nerf will be. Still pretty small though.

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:100% scholar uptime wasn't achievable on every fight anyways so it should be a buff on most bosses.

Its a nerf if your current scholar uptime is above ~70% for most classes, 65% to 75% if you want to include all classes.

But yeah, the nerf isnt that big and really depends on your ferocity. The more ferocity you have before the patch, the harder the nerf will be. Still pretty small though.

Most builds are Soulbeast and Weaver if my math isn't completely off.

Its 2750/2625 * 1.05 = 1.1

Means threshold is 375 with the excluded 50% base ciritcal damage. How did you get your scholar uptime values? Am i missing something?EDIT: Missed the 1.0 base damage :-(.

@Nephalem.8921 said:Most builds are Soulbeast and Weaver if my math isn't completely off.Its 2750/2625 * 1.05 = 1.1Means threshold is 1875 with the excluded 50% base ciritcal damage. How did you get your scholar uptime values? Am i missing something?

Probably wasnt clear on that, but the values are compared to the new scholar rune.Basically if you dont have any food/runes/traits that give you ferocity the break even point is 75% uptime. If you do the Math with several classes and add the ferocity they get from traits food and stuff like that the break even point goes down to 65%. Basically if your group sucks with healing or you are facetanking every mechanic, you are still getting buffed with the new rune. The change rewards bad gameplay while (slightly) punishing good groups.I was only adding to your math since you did it under the assumption of 100% scholar uptime.

Archived