Sigil of Vision seems Overpowered in Roaming and Zergs

Apokriphos.7042

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/november-13-salvage-runes-and-sigils/

New (Sigil of Vision): Critically strike an enemy for 3 seconds after swapping to this weapon in combat. (Cooldown: 9 Seconds)

What are everyone's thoughts on this sigil?If used with any set of short burst skills, this will make counter play vs 1 shot kill roamers worse or even impossible.

Was Deadeye or mirage shatter burst oppressive before this change? Imagine what it will be like when they all swap on this sigil beforehand. Imagine it as a requirement before zerg burst.

I hope the developers see this and change it before it goes live.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Both celerity and vision will be op, straight buffs to power bunkers or worse, used-to-be glass cannons now running full valks.

So I saw somebody else claim this too. Why exactly is the quickness from Celerity op?

5 seconds of quickness every 20 seconds? At minimum power bunkers are running 20% with durability runes. Some run leadership which is 30%. Some have traits that grant more boon duration. Moa Stance grants a flat 66% on its own. This is beyond what quickness they already have.

Holosmiths and Soul Beasts are going to be monkey button smashing levels of a joke with their perma quickness and 100% crit chance for 3 seconds every 10 seconds.

the quickness will be strong but i doubt that vision will be much more used than now intelligence. the only ones where it would be usefull IMO are deadeyes, but they already got hidden killer. most other specs would just lose too much damage if they go valk + vision instead of marauder + X.from playing deadeye with hidden killer for a while now (granted its only 2 seconds but no cooldown) i know that once that crit buff runs off you really lack damage to keep the pressure, on deadeye thats oke because you can build up enough damage to kill anything within 2 seconds, yet on most other professions it simply wont be worth taking vision+ valk over marauder IMO.

anyway dont panic lets see what the patch brings first. that scholar change is a damage loss for oneshotters, wonder what they will do with pack and durabilities on hit effects.

@Silinsar.6298 said:

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:I'm expecting sigil splits.

Confirmed for PvP at least:
. So ANet knows some of the effects will be too much for PvP, I just hope they don't overlook WvW. They often seem to do so when adding PvE aimed changes or content.

They do split skills and traits for WvW some times, but they never touch sigils, runes or consumables. Get ready for even more power creep next Tuesday. We may not even know the worst of it yet.

@"Ganathar.4956" said:They do split skills and traits for WvW some times, but they never touch sigils, runes or consumables. Get ready for even more power creep next Tuesday. We may not even know the worst of it yet.

1. there used to be few runes splits in the past
  2. a quie a chunk of consumables is disabled in WvW
  3. AN member have confirmed already on forums that "they have made few splits in advance"

so it is not so white and black determined that it will go as bad as people are expecting it to go.

@jamesdolla.3954 said:

@duillyn.2697 said:Is it a combat system if you one-shot stuff?

WvW damage is pretty out of control atm, really hoping the next patch at least attempts to address all that. These sigils don't give me much hope however :/

The range damage hits way to hard. If anything, melee damage should be more rewarding than 1200-900 range attacks.

Exactly! Buff Malicious Backstab :trollface:

@jamesdolla.3954 said:

WvW damage is pretty out of control atm, really hoping the next patch at least attempts to address all that. These sigils don't give me much hope however :/

The range damage hits way to hard. If anything, melee damage should be more rewarding than 1200-900 range attacks.

I agree mostly but then there's warrior's meme levels of non-sense.

@duillyn.2697 said:

I agree mostly but then there's warrior's meme levels of non-sense.

What nonsense exactly are you talking about?

This sigil does look pretty busted so far. However, I also think we can anticipate severe boon duration nerfs to Runes of Leadership, Durability, and even maybe Surging (hope I'm wrong though). So it might be harder to run any sort of a boon bunker build in the first place, if they nerfed sigil of concentration I feel like these runes will get hit too.

Sucks to see my herald go from 60% to 46% to 38% to now likely even lower boon duration having changed no gear tho.

Archived