Sigil of Vision seems Overpowered in Roaming and Zergs — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sigil of Vision seems Overpowered in Roaming and Zergs

Apokriphos.7042Apokriphos.7042 Member ✭✭
edited November 7, 2018 in WvW

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/november-13-salvage-runes-and-sigils/

New (Sigil of Vision): Critically strike an enemy for 3 seconds after swapping to this weapon in combat. (Cooldown: 9 Seconds)

What are everyone's thoughts on this sigil?
If used with any set of short burst skills, this will make counter play vs 1 shot kill roamers worse or even impossible.

Was Deadeye or mirage shatter burst oppressive before this change? Imagine what it will be like when they all swap on this sigil beforehand. Imagine it as a requirement before zerg burst.

I hope the developers see this and change it before it goes live.

Comments

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:
    Both celerity and vision will be op, straight buffs to power bunkers or worse, used-to-be glass cannons now running full valks.

    So I saw somebody else claim this too. Why exactly is the quickness from Celerity op?

    That's just how it be sometimes.
    Proud member of [FIRE] on RoF "... since day 1!"
    Infraction Farmer Extraordinaire & Leader of the Big Beautiful Choya

  • Gonna be great. We'll see staff elem come back again for sure.

  • Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭

    At this point I am starting to think that Anet should bite the bullet and increase all HP in WvW by at least 2 times, while also nerfing all of the down state revival skills and traits to the ground. I am really not looking forward to the cancer getting even worse with the new runes and sigils.

  • MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    the quickness will be strong but i doubt that vision will be much more used than now intelligence. the only ones where it would be usefull IMO are deadeyes, but they already got hidden killer. most other specs would just lose too much damage if they go valk + vision instead of marauder + X.
    from playing deadeye with hidden killer for a while now (granted its only 2 seconds but no cooldown) i know that once that crit buff runs off you really lack damage to keep the pressure, on deadeye thats oke because you can build up enough damage to kill anything within 2 seconds, yet on most other professions it simply wont be worth taking vision+ valk over marauder IMO.

    anyway dont panic lets see what the patch brings first. that scholar change is a damage loss for oneshotters, wonder what they will do with pack and durabilities on hit effects.

    read this, become a better player now.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I can't wait to try them, seems interesting for some builds I want to try on all classes. I don't even mind the changes to scholar.

  • whoknocks.4935whoknocks.4935 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I already imagine boonbeasts swap to axe/axe set
    during combat running those both sigils and play axe5 xD

  • Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2018

    Yeah, both Celerity and Vision seem overtuned, especially for specs like Holo, Soulbeast, and Thief. Celerity sounds really delicious for Weaver though, not gonna lie. Quickness really does the spec some good.

  • Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm expecting sigil splits.

  • Silinsar.6298Silinsar.6298 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2018

    @Sigmoid.7082 said:
    I'm expecting sigil splits.

    Confirmed for PvP at least: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/734604/#Comment_734604 . So ANet knows some of the effects will be too much for PvP, I just hope they don't overlook WvW. They often seem to do so when adding PvE aimed changes or content.

    SD Engi / Holo roaming videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/algeyr

  • Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2018

    @Silinsar.6298 said:

    @Sigmoid.7082 said:
    I'm expecting sigil splits.

    Confirmed for PvP at least: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/734604/#Comment_734604 . So ANet knows some of the effects will be too much for PvP, I just hope they don't overlook WvW. They often seem to do so when adding PvE aimed changes or content.

    They do split skills and traits for WvW some times, but they never touch sigils, runes or consumables. Get ready for even more power creep next Tuesday. We may not even know the worst of it yet.

  • @Ganathar.4956 said:
    They do split skills and traits for WvW some times, but they never touch sigils, runes or consumables. Get ready for even more power creep next Tuesday. We may not even know the worst of it yet.

    1. there used to be few runes splits in the past
    2. a quie a chunk of consumables is disabled in WvW
    3. AN member have confirmed already on forums that "they have made few splits in advance"

    so it is not so white and black determined that it will go as bad as people are expecting it to go.

  • sigil of vision overpowered in zergs? lol most dps classes are near 100% with buffs most the times anyways so i doubt that

    Former Maguuma server leader(Multiple world championships)

    BG server leader(dominating under my leadership)

    VR

    EZ week for we SoR

  • Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

    Deadeye already has access to both Quickness and auto-Crit. That class can be annoying but it is hardly game breaking. Scholar even post nerf is still going to be stronger than either of these two rune sets at least for Valk Deadeyes.

  • duillyn.2697duillyn.2697 Member ✭✭
    edited November 8, 2018

    Is it a combat system if you one-shot stuff?

    WvW damage is pretty out of control atm, really hoping the next patch at least attempts to address all that. These sigils don't give me much hope however :/

  • @duillyn.2697 said:
    Is it a combat system if you one-shot stuff?

    WvW damage is pretty out of control atm, really hoping the next patch at least attempts to address all that. These sigils don't give me much hope however :/

    The range damage hits way to hard. If anything, melee damage should be more rewarding than 1200-900 range attacks.

    Maguuma

  • @jamesdolla.3954 said:

    @duillyn.2697 said:
    Is it a combat system if you one-shot stuff?

    WvW damage is pretty out of control atm, really hoping the next patch at least attempts to address all that. These sigils don't give me much hope however :/

    The range damage hits way to hard. If anything, melee damage should be more rewarding than 1200-900 range attacks.

    I agree mostly but then there's warrior's meme levels of non-sense.

  • @duillyn.2697 said:

    @jamesdolla.3954 said:

    @duillyn.2697 said:
    Is it a combat system if you one-shot stuff?

    WvW damage is pretty out of control atm, really hoping the next patch at least attempts to address all that. These sigils don't give me much hope however :/

    The range damage hits way to hard. If anything, melee damage should be more rewarding than 1200-900 range attacks.

    I agree mostly but then there's warrior's meme levels of non-sense.

    What nonsense exactly are you talking about?

  • Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

    So how many are pre-buying stacks of runes/sigils?

  • @Straegen.2938 said:
    So how many are pre-buying stacks of runes/sigils?

    not me

  • Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Straegen.2938 said:
    So how many are pre-buying stacks of runes/sigils?

    I have pre-bought 200 stacks of Sigil of Ogre Slaying in anticipation of potential increase in Ogre slaying potential from 10% to 11%.

    Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

  • This sigil does look pretty busted so far. However, I also think we can anticipate severe boon duration nerfs to Runes of Leadership, Durability, and even maybe Surging (hope I'm wrong though). So it might be harder to run any sort of a boon bunker build in the first place, if they nerfed sigil of concentration I feel like these runes will get hit too.

    Sucks to see my herald go from 60% to 46% to 38% to now likely even lower boon duration having changed no gear tho.

    the worst player you've ever met
    UD- rank 9k+
    35 legendary weapons

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Vision I don't know, I mean fortunately there isn't a Power/Ferocity main stat vitality/toughness minor stat combo to truly break it so most people will go valk which still means they take a ton of damage due to how power creeped things are.

    The big down side of going valk is that outside of the 3s weapon swap window, unless getting crit chance elsewhere like retribution guard , you do really bad damage. Sure you get about 2.5k more health, more power and crit damage but people can pretty much kite you for 3s and then you hit like a wet noodle. I do think you will see it on roaming builds but it will be more like people switch some marauder to valk for a bit more stats and have a bit of a mish mash.

    I stand with Mo.

  • @apharma.3741 said:
    Vision I don't know, I mean fortunately there isn't a Power/Ferocity main stat vitality/toughness minor stat combo to truly break it so most people will go valk which still means they take a ton of damage due to how power creeped things are.

    The big down side of going valk is that outside of the 3s weapon swap window, unless getting crit chance elsewhere like retribution guard , you do really bad damage. Sure you get about 2.5k more health, more power and crit damage but people can pretty much kite you for 3s and then you hit like a wet noodle. I do think you will see it on roaming builds but it will be more like people switch some marauder to valk for a bit more stats and have a bit of a mish mash.

    Yeah, for me as full zerk Spellbreaker, I don't see myself using either of these new sigils. I considered going Valk and using Sigil of Vision, but honestly the extra hp is just not needed and I'd rather have the consistent crit chance. I considered Sigil of Celerity for some Bull's Charge > Axe 5 antics but I think it's only viable for roaming. Could be a good choice for Hammer/GS though.

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

    @apharma.3741 said:
    Vision I don't know, I mean fortunately there isn't a Power/Ferocity main stat vitality/toughness minor stat combo to truly break it so most people will go valk which still means they take a ton of damage due to how power creeped things are.

    The big down side of going valk is that outside of the 3s weapon swap window, unless getting crit chance elsewhere like retribution guard , you do really bad damage. Sure you get about 2.5k more health, more power and crit damage but people can pretty much kite you for 3s and then you hit like a wet noodle. I do think you will see it on roaming builds but it will be more like people switch some marauder to valk for a bit more stats and have a bit of a mish mash.

    Yeah, for me as full zerk Spellbreaker, I don't see myself using either of these new sigils. I considered going Valk and using Sigil of Vision, but honestly the extra hp is just not needed and I'd rather have the consistent crit chance. I considered Sigil of Celerity for some Bull's Charge > Axe 5 antics but I think it's only viable for roaming. Could be a good choice for Hammer/GS though.

    For roaming I think it will be really good, with fast hands you can run both with energy and a stacking sigil and get some pretty nice damage, imagine swapping to axe and getting quickness with 100% crit chance for half the time you have axe out.

    For me it won't make much difference as I'm at 80% crit chance already but I think on something like ele this might be really good as they usually have to stat pad and don't have easy access to fury anymore so usually sit at about 35-45% crit chance. A sigil giving fury would be good though.

    I stand with Mo.

  • @apharma.3741 said:

    @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

    @apharma.3741 said:
    Vision I don't know, I mean fortunately there isn't a Power/Ferocity main stat vitality/toughness minor stat combo to truly break it so most people will go valk which still means they take a ton of damage due to how power creeped things are.

    The big down side of going valk is that outside of the 3s weapon swap window, unless getting crit chance elsewhere like retribution guard , you do really bad damage. Sure you get about 2.5k more health, more power and crit damage but people can pretty much kite you for 3s and then you hit like a wet noodle. I do think you will see it on roaming builds but it will be more like people switch some marauder to valk for a bit more stats and have a bit of a mish mash.

    Yeah, for me as full zerk Spellbreaker, I don't see myself using either of these new sigils. I considered going Valk and using Sigil of Vision, but honestly the extra hp is just not needed and I'd rather have the consistent crit chance. I considered Sigil of Celerity for some Bull's Charge > Axe 5 antics but I think it's only viable for roaming. Could be a good choice for Hammer/GS though.

    For roaming I think it will be really good, with fast hands you can run both with energy and a stacking sigil and get some pretty nice damage, imagine swapping to axe and getting quickness with 100% crit chance for half the time you have axe out.

    For me it won't make much difference as I'm at 80% crit chance already but I think on something like ele this might be really good as they usually have to stat pad and don't have easy access to fury anymore so usually sit at about 35-45% crit chance. A sigil giving fury would be good though.

    Yup I was thinking the same about Ele, shame MS is too slow to fully take advantage of those 3secs. Honestly I'm still excited about the new changes but the more I think about it, I don't think my sigils or runes will be changed from what they are now (well, except by the balancing).

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I was under the impression ele couldn't weapon swap

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • @LetoII.3782 said:
    I was under the impression ele couldn't weapon swap

    Yes, but:
    "Engineers can trigger on-swap effects by changing kits; elementalists do so by switching between attunements; revenants can trigger it by switching out legends. Necromancers and Druids can also trigger on-swap effects by entering and exiting Death Shroud and Celestial Avatar respectively.
    Switching to a bundle will also trigger on-swap effects.
    Firebrands also trigger on-swap effects by swapping in and out of tomes."

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_swap

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I had no idea swap sigils could be triggered so often O.o

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • syszery.1592syszery.1592 Member ✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018

    @LetoII.3782 said:
    I had no idea swap sigils could be triggered so often O.o

    Most of them have an icd of 9 seconds (some even 18s).

  • Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @LetoII.3782 said:
    I had no idea swap sigils could be triggered so often O.o

    Swap Sigils are also triggered on equipping Siege, which apparently counts as a "bundle." I advocate for the re-coding of Siege to not trigger Swap Sigils, since they are an inventory item and can be equipped in combat, allowing professions like Mirage and Deadeye to to gain Energy Sigil triggers every 9 seconds regardless of if they actually need to swap weapons. Exploit imo.

    Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @LetoII.3782 said:
    I had no idea swap sigils could be triggered so often O.o

    Especially for weavers. Cooldown keep it in check, but without the Cooldown, it could be every 4 seconds for weaver

  • omg people just dodge when the sigil buff pops up on their buff bar. how hard is it? now you have 6 seconds of relatively free dps.

  • Crius.5487Crius.5487 Member ✭✭✭

    @Turk.5460 said:

    @LetoII.3782 said:
    I had no idea swap sigils could be triggered so often O.o

    Swap Sigils are also triggered on equipping Siege, which apparently counts as a "bundle." I advocate for the re-coding of Siege to not trigger Swap Sigils, since they are an inventory item and can be equipped in combat, allowing professions like Mirage and Deadeye to to gain Energy Sigil triggers every 9 seconds regardless of if they actually need to swap weapons. Exploit imo.

    Show me a video of someone actually opening their inventory in the middle of a fight to equip and unequip a piece of siege for an extra dodge roll.

  • Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Crius.5487 said:

    @Turk.5460 said:

    @LetoII.3782 said:
    I had no idea swap sigils could be triggered so often O.o

    Swap Sigils are also triggered on equipping Siege, which apparently counts as a "bundle." I advocate for the re-coding of Siege to not trigger Swap Sigils, since they are an inventory item and can be equipped in combat, allowing professions like Mirage and Deadeye to to gain Energy Sigil triggers every 9 seconds regardless of if they actually need to swap weapons. Exploit imo.

    Show me a video of someone actually opening their inventory in the middle of a fight to equip and unequip a piece of siege for an extra dodge roll.

    1. The people who abuse this generally have their inventory always open and as small as it can be. Have you even seen a ranger GS Swoop for out of combat mobility and then actually fight shortly after with Sword/X + Longbow?
    2. That's not hard to do even with a large inventory screen opening and closing...

    Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.