Vote Dungeon Changes

Adry.7512

Instead of "solo-able" ... why not make them scale? If you enter by yourself, they scale down (any mechanic that requires multiple players can be adjusted, I guess). But if you want to do it with 8 players, numbers scale up. More freedom to play how you want and with whom you want = better.

I mean most paths are soloable outside of mechanics that require more than 1 person to finish. If you're talking about reworking those mechanics its one thing, but I get the feeling you were talking from a difficulty perspective, and in that light every path, barring mechanics that require more than 1 person, is technically already soloable.

To me, the solution is painfully obvious:

Add an ascended tier of arms and armour from dungeons, using the same skins as the exotic stuff (and of course with an approriately higher cost in terms of tokens). Since people have been asking for more alternatives to get ascended gear, I think this would be a nice way to bring people back to the dungeons.

First off I liked fractals, so opinion comes from there a bit. I think newer style combat mechanic dungeons would work in the new zones. Each new map should have 1 that has unique gear and items and a currency like the older dungeons. These can be zone story related instances and don't have to deal with DE or DW but can be related to that area of the map. How lore heavy or not, depends. But the combat style needs to be more inline with fractal mechanics versus the old, figure where the AI is weakest and stack here kind of combat.

I disagree with making the dungeons even more soloable. I think the game is already very single player friendly as it is. It shouldn't be made even easier to play alone. This is a dangerous route. By making the game easier to do everything alone, this removes the need to play with other people. Players can become isolated because everyone is in his/her corner doing their own things. The game already has a lot of goals that we can pursue individually. Even a lot of regular events can be soloed . If we start with solo dungeons, then solo raids and fractals are next. I think an MMO should be to play with other people. Otherwise, GW2 may as well be a single player game like the classic RPGs.

Archived