What are your petty grievances in GW2? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What are your petty grievances in GW2?

Lets keep it light here.
I can't stand it when you jump high up with the Springer and it keeps giving you that hopeful landing before falling to the next one, and then the next until you're back where you started. It's the simple things that make my blood boil I must say.

Tagged:
<13456789

Comments

• Kalocin.5982Kalocin.5982 Member ✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:
    Enemies with unlimited range attacks.

White Mantle Mesmers.

Wasting a stunbreak.

Pretty certain you just triggered a lot of emotions from me tonight that I didn't expect to feel while reading a forum. That's a lot of skill I must say, that's not just petty... That's pent up my mate.

• they are actually fixing mine<3 the sigils and runes really bugged me always piling up

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kalocin.5982 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:
    Enemies with unlimited range attacks.

White Mantle Mesmers.

Wasting a stunbreak.

Pretty certain you just triggered a lot of emotions from me tonight that I didn't expect to feel while reading a forum. That's a lot of skill I must say, that's not just petty... That's pent up my mate.

The dread returns every time...

One of the few (and probably also the first) times I actually felt the need to rage quit was because of enemies in Bloodstone Fen and Lake Doric lol There. Is. No. Escape. Especially as a thief who has just returned to the game a few weeks prior.

Logging out forever.

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭

kway actually is a correct pronunciation, but yeah it sounds weird . . .

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lahmia.2193 said:
    Having the "you have sold too much on the tp, please wait" message. #1 gripe of mine.

Remember, it used to be worse!

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

Obsidian Weapons still being an incomplete set even after almost a year (no underwater weapons yet!).

D:

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] always dies on inc masters of the Die On Inc technique where Prince Jarvan just died.

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Pterikdactyl.7630 said:
    People who block me and whisper me, talking kitten while I can't say anything back.

they don't block juts put own status 'offline' , trick is simple send them mail

on the subject it's jumping, more specifically jumping in fractals e.e

I dream of elves in GW2.

• @Rauderi.8706 said:

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Tyger.1637 said:
    In the personal story...

"Quay".... IT'S PRONOUNCED 'KEY'

This, in spades! And "Caer" is pronounced (except in GW2) as if it is "kyre", not "cair". And "Niamh" ==> "Neeve", not "Nee-am".

If we're looking at petty grievances with GW2, this stumbles onto mine:

GEOR-mag.

Kitten that. Norn are obviously rooted in Norse naming conventions, but that hard J grates on my psyche every time. It's bad enough that was relieved when the Deus Ex Machina put Primordus and GEORmag to sleep so we didn't have to fight them.

Not to mention Jora / Geora (properly "Yora") from GW1/EotN, whose name crops up in GW2 audio a few times.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    trash/wildlife mobs being more "challenging" than dragon minions. Give me a pack of Iboga, Elonian Harpies or Jacaranda and Ill conquer the world

I've got the hang of slapping around single Jacs(1) (groups are kinda rare), and groups of Iboga, but Elonian Harpies are another story.

(1) Aside from their habit of hiding in plain sight.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• @Linebreaker.7904 said:
    And while we are on the subject of autotarget, please target the mob in front of me, not the thing I ran past 10 seconds ago, or the thing I can't even see on screen.

Just wait until you give SWTOR a try, and end up in Knights of the Eternal Throne Chapter VIII. The entire time you're moving through the map, you'll find your character involuntarily targeting friendly mobs. That is annoying.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭

@Teratus.2859 said:
    I hate CC spam, nothing infuriates me more than being knocked around multiple times while being powerles to do anything about it thanks to there being more CC than it's possible to defend against.

Other than that.. DPS elitist behavior really grinds my gears lol

Yeah. That gets insane at times - was in that Glint's Legacy in Crystal Oasis (I think it was there this happened) - and got bounced around like pinball.

Also, I don't want to redo a Living Story, but it keeps prompting me to do so like a nagging spouse at the top right of my UI.

• Mantids in the Charr Homelands.

Oh, wait, you said GW2. But they were annoying. Footnote for everyone advocating a future expansion in the Charr Homelands areas: be careful what you wish for, because if ever we go there, there will be giant insects that don't die when you kill them.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Imperadordf.2687Imperadordf.2687 Member ✭✭✭✭

Entitled brats who think I should accept them in my groups every time. Then they rabble about elitism.

White Mantle Clerics.

Useless festival items.

Lag spikes in WvW in the middle of a battle.

Getting chain CC'd.

• Kalendraf.9521Kalendraf.9521 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2018

@Firebird Gomer.9563 said:
    Too many Currency types and no way to exchange them to something else when you have everything you need. I would like to see a Currency Converter so you can purchase something you need vs something you can't spend....

I agree with this, but I wouldn't classify it as a mere "petty" grievance. Currency bloat is a huge problem in this game, and it only continues to get worse with each new LS chapter or expansion. Although a currency converter would definitely help (and is something I've suggested previously), it would essentially just be a band-aid fix for much bigger underlying problem.

Proud to be a member of the Charter Vanguard [CV] on the Henge of Denravi

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭

Knockbacks (NPC) which ignore stability.
    Lethal Strikes (NPC) which ignore invulnerability.
    Receiving a condition stack which is high enough to kill me in a single tick (NPC).
    Every mesmer who asks for money/donations. I've never seen a durid charging money for healing and resurrecting people.
    Finding AFK farmers.

Knowlege is power, but without fame you are just a maniac. Keep scrolling, this is not the information you are looking for.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.