What are your petty grievances in GW2?

Kalocin.5982

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not having a method of stat swapping without mystic forge on ascended level gear.Each time I finally feel like playing, I look at my under geared characters and just don't want to go through the efforts of getting/crafting ascended gear knowing sometimes in the future builds could change do to a patch and making that work I just did almost worthless.Or maybe wanting to try a different build, I would have to waste time and money to swap stats because I am not about to grind a legendary set anytime soon.

That and lack of sigil/rune swapping without having to buy a gemstore item. I think a system should be made where you have a storage of Runes, Sigils and patches and you can freely swap between any you own and have stored in there, but you cannot go over the amount. So you have 11 mad king runes stored you could use 6 on one character and 5 on another but because that is all you have store you are at your limit. Same with patches, like marauder this would allow much more customization and for casual players allow them to try something without having to waste all their hard work down the line if something changes.

Not to mention make it easier to try new builds and rune/sigil combos.

Elitism of the raid community preventing new players from joining the scene. I'm dealing with uni so I have to pug, and it's ridiculously difficult finding people willing to take me even though I can do 30K+ (and can prove it on the Kitty) on my Weaver.

Trading Post locking me out after selling a handful of items from salvaging.

Bounties required in specialization collections. Takes a stupid amount of time to complete sometimes.

Character slots locked behind microtransactions or a very, very large gold sink. If I paid $60 for a game, I should be able to make one character of each class from the get-go.

Transmutation charges being a significantly worse transmogrification system than any other I've ever seen. World of Warcraft does it right. Just let me spend a small gold fee instead of having to spend hours on map completion or forcing me into PvP for charges, which is a mode I abhor.

The laundry list of core 5-man dungeon bugs that still exist to this day.

Clipping. Clipping everywhere.

@Kalocin.5982 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Enemies with unlimited range attacks.

White Mantle Mesmers.

Wasting a stunbreak.

Pretty certain you just triggered a lot of emotions from me tonight that I didn't expect to feel while reading a forum. That's a lot of skill I must say, that's not just petty... That's pent up my mate.

The dread returns every time...

One of the few (and probably also the first) times I actually felt the need to rage quit was because of enemies in Bloodstone Fen and Lake Doric lol There. Is. No. Escape. Especially as a thief who has just returned to the game a few weeks prior.

Mordrem snipers. [eye twitch] Stop shooting at me and me alone! There's like a dozen other people right next to you that you can shoot at! [shoves most of the stranded nobles from Verdant Brink out in front] Shoot at THEM, ya wilted fern-brain!!

Transmutation charges. They're rather annoying to obtain...and the fact that we don't have a dedicated wardrobe tab so we can build our own "outfits," so to speak, is VERY annoying. Either slap on an outfit from 1-80 or keep wasting transmutation charges every time you acquire a new piece of armor. Argh... So, two pet peeves in one. Yay.

Characters I love dying in horrible ways, and characters I loathe going on to become central protagonists alongside the PC. [more twitching] I'm only halfway through Heart of Thorns, so...here's hoping I actually start liking the crew I'm stuck with, but I doubt it.

NPC's never pronouncing names correctly. [twitching begins to resemble a caffeinated jackhammer] Sylvari, norn, seriously you guys...

@Emberstone.2904 said:Clipping. Clipping everywhere.

This. Just...this... It's especially bad when the armor piece clips with itself. :confounded:

"Rewards" you need no more, cannot use but you also cannot sell or salvage. And you are forced to drop. If for destroying this "reward" you have to type the name to confirm the deletion (usually a looooong one) the menu is complete.

Items without any significance outside the one purpose design (a collection item for example) you cannot sell / salvage. In opposition with a precursor or an ascendant piece of gear - you can sell very easy this stuff to vendors. And you can salvage a precursor by mistake. You need to type the confirmation for an item without any value but you can place a Legendary weapon in MF without warning.

Non-offensive utility skills picking a target when you have autotarget on. There's also zero consistency there, some skills do it and some skills don't. Most annoyingly, all Guardian shouts pick a target which makes "Retreat!" in particular frustrating at times when you have a ranged weapon equipped and the character starts autoattacking.

@"Ariurotl.3718" said:Non-offensive utility skills picking a target when you have autotarget on. There's also zero consistency there, some skills do it and some skills don't. Most annoyingly, all Guardian shouts pick a target which makes "Retreat!" in particular frustrating at times when you have a ranged weapon equipped and the character starts autoattacking.

Oh, this so much.

And while we are on the subject of autotarget, please target the mob in front of me, not the thing I ran past 10 seconds ago, or the thing I can't even see on screen.

Most of my "petty" grievances are probably due to other players, which is not something Anet can control. :) However, one thing they can control is the aggro radius of the mobs in PoF. I'd love to spend a lot more time in those maps, but the constant assaults from everywhere don't allow me to take a moment and appreciate the maps. /me shrugs

Archived