Use ArcDPS and Reshade together

DerJoker.9081

Hey all,

im wondering, if theres anything i have to know about, when trying to use Reshade and Arcdps at the same time.

I have reshade installed and i'd really like to use the build templates that arcdps provides.Before i mess up the gamedata and folders, what do i have to look out for?
Or can i just add the arcDPS folders in my gw2 bin64 and both add-ons (reshade and arcDPS) will work?

I know about risks involved with getting add ons, but because both are approved (not supported) by ANet, i think im ok with that small risk :)

Ty guys already

It does not work.the client starts and i can log in, but when i press play, it says (roughly translated):

3d-output could not be initialized, pls check if directx9 is installed and if you use the up-to-date graphicscard drivers.

When i delete the arcdps specific folders and rename the reshade folder to d3d9.dll, it works fine, with reshade running.Any advice? :)

You do not rename d3d9.dll to chainload. You need to download the d3d9_chainload.dll from the ARCDPS website and add it to the folder and rename the reshade .dll to ReShade64.dll. The chainload file then loads the arcdps d3d9.dll with the ReShade64.dll.

check the "can i chain load another wrapper d3d9.dll" section in the arcdps website for all the details and download links.

@"Turin.6921" said:You do not rename d3d9.dll to chainload. You need to download the d3d9_chainload.dll from the ARCDPS website and add it to the folder and rename the reshade .dll to ReShare64.dll. The chainload file then loads the arcdps d3d9.dll with the ReShade64.dll.

check the "can i chain load another wrapper d3d9.dll" section in the arcdps website for all the details and download links.

Wow, i feel stupid...Thought it had someting to do with the same name causing some access issues...

Ty for clarification, but i still have some questions.1.add d3d9_chainload to what folder? Bin64?2.do i have to move the reshade dll's? Or can i leave them in bin64 as they are atm?3.there is no such thing as Reshade.dll, do you mean the d3d9.dll that reshade needs? And renaming that to ReShare64.dll?

Ty again, excuse me my missing knowledge...

@DerJoker.9081 said:

@"Turin.6921" said:You do not rename d3d9.dll to chainload. You need to download the d3d9_chainload.dll from the ARCDPS website and add it to the folder and rename the reshade .dll to ReShare64.dll. The chainload file then loads the arcdps d3d9.dll with the ReShade64.dll.

Ty for clarification, but i still have some questions.1.add d3d9_chainload to what folder? Bin64?

Yup bin 64

2.do i have to move the reshade dll's? Or can i leave them in bin64 as they are atm?

they need to be on the same folder actually. so you leave the all dlls in the bin 64 folder. Careful with the naming of course. You do not want to overwrite sth by mistake. Rename first then add the ARCDPS one on the folder.

3.there is no such thing as Reshade.dll, do you mean the d3d9.dll that reshade needs? And renaming that to ReShare64.dll?

Yeah you rename the d3d9.dll you have for reshade to ReShade64.dll

the process is explained also in the read.me file that is in the same folder where you download the chainload .dll

So, i cant find the chainload dll at the arcdps website, the reddit link from a year ago is not existent anymore...Buuuuut there is another dll called: d3d9_arcdps_extras.dll is that the one? or am i missing st again. cant find anything about it, checked the readme as well this time :D

never mind, found it, was hidden in another link

Archived