[Spoiler] Ghosts in the Mists (Tybalt)

Biziut.3594

So guys do you think we can possibly meet Tybalt (ew. other order mentor) inside mists with next update just like we meet Eir, Snaff and Glint? I wish to have whole map in the mists with dear ol Tybalt following you around like Blish in previous update and having some custome funny apple dialogues with him or having him and Demmi involved in Story or at least making him a heart vendor. What do you guys think?

Not that I think it matters much, but the

tag doesn't help much when you put the spoiler in the title. :P

I'm not sure if it's likely- the mentors have already 'appeared' twice since their deaths- but just about anything is possible at this point. I believe the devs said last release that they're not going to put an entire LS map in the Mists, but between the instances and the rifts spewing Mists stuff into Tyria, I'd be surprised if we didn't see more deceased characters cropping up, and the minor NPC roles are perfect for those kinds of callbacks that they don't intend to do anything with (looking at you, Dunkoro).

I do suspect the major tag-along roles will be limited to characters relevant to the Kralkatorrik question, however. Besides the three we've already seen, Nenah (if we try to get the gods involved), Dylan (if DE laying their ghosts to rest becomes a B-plot), or potentially even the Master of Peace (if concerns or unanswered questions about Aurene become important) all probably have more utility to the story they're currently telling. If I had to put money on a spirit showing up who wasn't a new character altogether, it'd be on those three.

Oh goodness, seeing the Order Mentors (Sieran in particular), would be amazing. But, in addition to the wonderful examples Aaron Ansari gave, since Glint showed up in the last episode, and there's a heavy focus on the stress and fear looming over Aurene, I imagine it'd be a great time for Vlast's ghost to make an appearance. Braham got his moment with his lost family member that helped resolve some of his issues, why couldn't Aurene get to connect with her lost brother briefly?

@"Biziut.3594" said:So guys do you think we can possibly meet Tybalt (ew. other order mentor) inside mists with next update just like we meet Eir, Snaff and Glint? I wish to have whole map in the mists with dear ol Tybalt following you around like Blish in previous update and having some custome funny apple dialogues with him or having him and Demmi involved in Story or at least making him a heart vendor. What do you guys think?

Certainly, but it will depend whether you chose Forgal, Sieran or Tybalt as your mentor in the personal story. The players that will not have the chapter: "The Battle of Claw Island" won't see this certain NPC.

I want to see them all :D I love Forgal, Sieran and Tybalt. Such well written characters....

@Musaroxy.2874 said:Oh goodness, seeing the Order Mentors (Sieran in particular), would be amazing. But, in addition to the wonderful examples Aaron Ansari gave, since Glint showed up in the last episode, and there's a heavy focus on the stress and fear looming over Aurene, I imagine it'd be a great time for Vlast's ghost to make an appearance. Braham got his moment with his lost family member that helped resolve some of his issues, why couldn't Aurene get to connect with her lost brother briefly?

Why wouldn't the Commander get to see his old, best friend that kind of led him through a lot of adventures?

Also their love for us was so big, that they wanted to sacrifice themselves for us.

Not seeing them as we saw Eir/Snaff would be a disappointment.

Yeah I would love to see some NPC's from our living story. Tonn meeting somehow with his wife so she could finally stop blaming us for his death, Apatia (I know they both are meant to put some drama into story, but hey! we already saw Eir anyways), Carys saying her last goodbye to Tegwen, Demmi Bettlestone, Ben Tenstrike, Sayeh, we have Almora Soulkeeper included in recent story so what about other order's masters Gixx and Ri... APPLES APPLES FOR SALE! ONLY APPLES OVER HERE! Master of Whispers, even Faolain would be a nice sight finally released from the chains of nightmare and Mordremoth (sylvari goes to the mists too right, you know that mission from PoF I don't want to put spoilers).

But only Destiny's Edge got any contact with Glint, and it seems pretty clear it is Glint the one who is making possible to contact with the ghosts. So IMO we will only see a few relevant dead ones who had some kind of link with Glint while alive. Following this path, I think an interesting development would be to have a ghostly Vlast and a bunch of de-armorized dead exalted fighting on our side.

Glint's the one who directed Eir and Snaff to head to Tyria, and the one organizing a ghostly resistance in the Mists, but she's shown no signs of having any particular powers in the area. The rifts are Kralk's doing, and we've proven that anyone can go through them in any direction. (Spirits don't seem to be able to stay in Tyria for very long, but they can come without Glint- see Nenah.) If we don't see spirits unrelated to Glint, it won't be because they need her to contact us, it'll be because they have the sense to go where Kralkatorrik and his branded aren't wrecking things.

@Ardid.7203 said:But only Destiny's Edge got any contact with Glint, and it seems pretty clear it is Glint the one who is making possible to contact with the ghosts. So IMO we will only see a few relevant dead ones who had some kind of link with Glint while alive. Following this path, I think an interesting development would be to have a ghostly Vlast and a bunch of de-armorized dead exalted fighting on our side.

Kralkatorrik is already creating the havoc inside the Mists, so I'd not be surprised if there would be the evacuation, also we didn't kill Kralkatorrik as Glint asked us to, so he eats and eats and eats the magic inside it.

They have an opportunity to bring some of our old friends from the story of GW and GW2, I hope they will handle it very gently.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:Glint's the one who directed Eir and Snaff to head to Tyria, and the one organizing a ghostly resistance in the Mists, but she's shown no signs of having any particular powers in the area. The rifts are Kralk's doing, and we've proven that anyone can go through them in any direction. (Spirits don't seem to be able to stay in Tyria for very long, but they can come without Glint- see Nenah.) If we don't see spirits unrelated to Glint, it won't be because they need her to contact us, it'll be because they have the sense to go where Kralkatorrik and his branded aren't wrecking things.

Nenah didn't travel through a rift though, she was summoned by the statue of Kormir, which likely summons a leading / familiar spirit in the Sanctum. Not exactly a good example.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:Glint's the one who directed Eir and Snaff to head to Tyria, and the one organizing a ghostly resistance in the Mists, but she's shown no signs of having any particular powers in the area. The rifts are Kralk's doing, and we've proven that anyone can go through them in any direction. (Spirits don't seem to be able to stay in Tyria for very long, but they can come without Glint- see Nenah.) If we don't see spirits unrelated to Glint, it won't be because they need her to contact us, it'll be because they have the sense to go where Kralkatorrik and his branded aren't wrecking things.

Nenah didn't travel through a rift though, she was summoned by the statue of Kormir, which likely summons a leading / familiar spirit in the Sanctum. Not exactly a good example.

I muddled the topic a bit there, but what I was getting at is that we have an example of a spirit reaching us without Glint in this same episode- the fact that she didn't need a rift to do so either just drives home that there's more than the one avenue available for otherworldly contact.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

I muddled the topic a bit there, but what I was getting at is that we have an example of a spirit reaching us without Glint in this same episode- the fact that she didn't need a rift to do so either just drives home that there's more than the one avenue available for otherworldly contact.

But at the same time, the contact Nenah uses is far, far more specialized than the rifts or relation to Glint, in that it required the PC to be at a statue of a god, and the spirit to be in the heart of said god's (former) domain. And might even require said spirit to be familiar with the PC.

Desmina (or better yet the tortured spirits) showing up through the same rifts/portals that Nightmares use to get into Tyria from the Underworld is a stronger argument than Nenah, in all honesty, for us meeting other spirits. But at that point, you pretty much hit the realm of "the soul of any individual could show up at any moment so long as there is a connection to the Mists".

There was the order in the Mists even after the Gods' departure from their Realms. There was an incident in the Grenth's realm- Dhuum's resurrection. But now there is a Dragon inside the Mists, so there is and will be disorder, maybe even some spirits will have to escape from for example Melendru's realm to Grenth's where it's safer.

I think the most interesting ghost we met in the Mists so far is Gwen, she seemed to move without any barrier from the Hall of Chains to somewhere else. She could teleport from one place to another, at least I interpreted it like that.

Maybe it was a small hint that she will at some point appear in the story? Because we have two unresolved characters' plots from the Fractal and the Raid: Gwen and the Harbinger of Woe.

Both very interesting, and both carrying a message, Gwen's marked with this flute's sound when she disappeared, and the Harbinger with this cataclysmic planet's destruction.

Archived