Random new Sigil idea - Sigil of the killer.

Caedmon.6798

Had a random idea some days ago about how to handle downed state in its current state in wvw.And without having to touch/nerf downed state they can introduce a new sigil.A sigil aka Bloodlust but where you first need to kill 25 players/mobs where after you have gained 25 kills the sigil is fully charged and only then will be in effect.Every person you down will be instantly killed and the charges drop by 1 per kill untill it reaches zero and you have to gain 25 kills again for it to be effective.

Asked some people ingame and they seem to like the idea.Would love to hear some opinions from others,or add your own idea how something like this could be accomplished without having to nerf downed state.

i think if you gain 5 stacks per kill from a player, you should lose 5 per kill. thats still enough to win 1 vs 6 without bothering about cleave, after you killed 5 players in smaller group size in roaming. but 5 kills then 25x no downstate would be pretty insane in zergs. either 5/6 of your kills got no downstate or 1/2. i'd say 1/2 is already pretty powerfull for a sigil, but 5/6 is way too strong.

@XenesisII.1540 said:No down state should be wvw wide, not on a sigil.

That's not gonna happen,i dont see a nerf happening either since it has been proposed dozens of times also by myself hence i try to come up with a diferent solution where they dont have to remove or nerf it.

@Mudse,Maybe yeah,someone else told me that 25 might be too much aswell but i was basing the 25 stacks off of the other stack sigils we have available.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

That's not gonna happen,i dont see a nerf happening either since it has been proposed dozens of times also by myself hence i try to come up with a diferent solution where they dont have to remove or nerf it.

@Mudse,Maybe yeah,someone else told me that 25 might be too much aswell but i was basing the 25 stacks off of the other stack sigils we have available.

current (till next patch) superior sigil of celerity grants 1 effect after 25 stacks to reset rightaway. so basing on existing sigils it would also be possible that you gain 1 no downstate kill for 25 stacks. then you wouldnt get too many complains about it at least :)

edit: another option would be 'increased damage against downed opponents' this wouldnt need to reset. how much % per stack is up to debate.

@MUDse.7623 said:

current (till next patch) superior sigil of celerity grants 1 effect after 25 stacks to reset rightaway. so basing on existing sigils it would also be possible that you gain 1 no downstate kill for 25 stacks. then you wouldnt get too many complains about it at least :)

edit: another option would be 'increased damage against downed opponents' this wouldnt need to reset. how much % per stack is up to debate.

Havent really gotten any complaints so far ingame though,most seem to like the general concept besides 25 being too much.Think one effect for 25 stacks might be a bit useless.

Do like the idea of increased damage on downed aswell,but that has to be some really siginificant boost though.I wouldnt pick this sigil myself if ever introduced and i dont think it removes the annoyance of downed state since you still have to be cleaving.

The times im with a blob i dont see downed state as being a handicap on either side,they go down and they die unless its a few trying to pick off from the sides where they get focused out and the guy gets ressed.Its mostly again from a small scale/roam/havoc perspective.

This way people still have to waste a sigil for itNot everyone in your group needs to have oneIt wont always be in effectMaybe remove the ability to get stacks from mobs so it only works on players

@Caedmon.6798 said:

Havent really gotten any complaints so far ingame though,most seem to like the general concept besides 25 being too much.Think one effect for 25 stacks might be a bit useless.

Do like the idea of increased damage on downed aswell,but that has to be some really siginificant boost though.I wouldnt pick this sigil myself if ever introduced and i dont think it removes the annoyance of downed state since you still have to be cleaving.

The times im with a blob i dont see downed state as being a handicap on either side,they go down and they die unless its a few trying to pick off from the sides where they get focused out and the guy gets ressed.Its mostly again from a small scale/roam/havoc perspective.

guess it depends who you ask ingame. a now temporary no downstate effect is very strong, if the number is too high it is op ,while if the number is only 1 then many wont bother with it.

obviously the increased damage against downed would have to be significant considering how much time of the combat you actually hit on a downed. altho yes you still need to cleave/stomp i would prefer this one. even tho i am a deadeye with no cleave, but people ressing each other is a necessary counterplay to deadeyes in a teamfight. most other professions dont have an issue with cleaving a bit.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

guess it depends who you ask ingame. a now temporary no downstate effect is very strong, if the number is too high it is op ,while if the number is only 1 then many wont bother with it.

obviously the increased damage against downed would have to be significant considering how much time of the combat you actually hit on a downed. altho yes you still need to cleave/stomp i would prefer this one. even tho i am a deadeye with no cleave, but people ressing each other is a necessary counterplay to deadeyes in a teamfight. most other professions dont have an issue with cleaving a bit.

The complaints about downed state carrying is pretty obvious.Also made my own several times,and had too many occasions where it made the side with more people win just cus of downed state and ressing while theyre not the best players.Without going in depth,cus theres other threads for that.A no temporary downed state effect Should be very strong...Its in the name.Downed state in itself is also Very strong and carrying baddies while they should have lost,think its time to change that.Its the main reason i propose a suggestion like this since i dont see anet touching downed state even after many people agree something has to change,the stacks can be lowered but something has to be done to this mechanic.Downed state is necessary against dead eyes ? Come on...Thats pretty ridiculous.Lets keep downed state the way it works Just cus of dead eyes and people with terrible awareness and reflexes...

Something like this might give the smaller group a better chance vs the bigger side aswell.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

The complaints about downed state carrying is pretty obvious.Also made my own several times,and had too many occasions where it made the side with more people win just cus of downed state and ressing while theyre not the best players.Without going in depth,cus theres other threads for that.A no temporary downed state effect Should be very strong...Its in the name.Downed state in itself is also Very strong and carrying baddies while they should have lost,think its time to change that.Its the main reason i propose a suggestion like this since i dont see anet touching downed state even after many people agree something has to change,the stacks can be lowered but something has to be done to this mechanic.Downed state is necessary against dead eyes ? Come on...Thats pretty ridiculous.Lets keep downed state the way it works Just cus of dead eyes and people with terrible awareness and reflexes...

Something like this might give the smaller group a better chance vs the bigger side aswell.

obviously its not just needed because of deadeyes but because the entire combat system was build with it in mind. i just pointed out that altho my profession probably has the most issues with downedstate i still am oke with it being there.yes downstate is strong, so is a temporary no downstate. but if you put it as a sigil effect it has to be in line with other sigils, it shouldnt be the one obvious choice for every solo roamer.

@MUDse.7623 said:

obviously its not just needed because of deadeyes but because the entire combat system was build with it in mind. i just pointed out that altho my profession probably has the most issues with downedstate i still am oke with it being there.yes downstate is strong, so is a temporary no downstate. but if you put it as a sigil effect it has to be in line with other sigils, it shouldnt be the one obvious choice for every solo roamer.

", but people ressing each other is a necessary counterplay to deadeyes in a teamfight" Thats actually exactly what you said...

Anyway hence im here for opinions ! Hence i said to lower the stacks since it was a mere example to how stack sigils currently work ! It all can be tweaked,thats why i want opinions.

Its about the general idea behind the concept which i think can work fine if properly tweaked.

And the sigil can also work against those roamers,it goes both ways.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

", but people ressing each other is a necessary counterplay to deadeyes in a teamfight" Thats actually exactly what you said...

Anyway hence im here for opinions ! Hence i said to lower the stacks since it was a mere example to how stack sigils currently work ! It all can be tweaked,thats why i want opinions.

Its about the general idea behind the concept which i think can work fine if properly tweaked.

meaning the roamer itself also skips downstate because of his own stacks or because others might use it aswell?

@MUDse.7623 said:

meaning the roamer itself also skips downstate because of his own stacks or because others might use it aswell?

Because the ones you fight might also having it equipped yeah.

Archived