What would it take for 2s

Sailorz.5426

I know theres a couple discussions already open about 2s, I've posted in both of them but I think this one deserves it's own post.

What if we had a better way to convince Arenanet to implement 2v2 queues, my ideas are along the lines of getting streamers from other bigger titles with good pvp scenes to say on stream if they would come back to try GW2 if they implemented 2v2 arena in an honest answer/statement.

I tried four streamers today from World of Warcraft, Cdew, Pikaboo, and Venruki but as they are bigger streamers they don't response to every single chat in their stream, I also tried a smaller streamer named Hydralisk(had never played gw2) though he did respond. But, I think if multiple people were able to get the message across they would eventually respond, WITH AN HONEST ANSWER, no need to be toxic and take words out of context or edit it some how.

Some streamers that come to mind would be Snutz( I'm pretty sure he played BNS when it came out), Sodapoppin (played gw2 at one point when he was banned from WoW), Rekful (was banned from WoW also, but recently unbanned) and also the ones I had posted before, Cdew(this years blizzcon winner), Pikeaboo(2nd place blizzcon, also promoted doing 2s in WoW during a break segment), Venruki(experienced WoW player, and caster for blizzcon).

I'm going to provide links to some of this streamers accounts, maybe some of you might be subbed and will be able to get the message across easier. AGAIN, no need to take words out of context or be toxic to these streamers. Simply get the thoughts from these streamers make a VOD and either post it here or compile them in some other form.

Cdew - https://www.twitch.tv/cdewxPikaboo - https://www.twitch.tv/pikabooirlSodapoppin - https://www.twitch.tv/sodapoppinReckful - https://www.twitch.tv/reckful

I'm sure there are others, post if you have any ideas or VODs!

Just to get the ball rollingBajheera - https://clips.twitch.tv/SillyMuddyEggplantNotLikeThis

@Exedore.6320 said:Fun fact: Blizzard said they regretted stressing arenas in WoW over battlegrounds.Fun fact: Blizzard balances around 3v3 - not 2v2. It's too easy to have cheese comps in 2v2.

Fun fact: Blizzard said that forever ago, they now have an entire Esport scene AND HUGE tournaments at blizzconFun fact: Guild wars 2 combat/skill design is LIGHTYEARS different in comparison besides the tab targeting, Guild wars has WAAAAAAAAAAY more cleave then wow does, so 3v3 would be just as much a cluster kitten as 5v5 was some years ago in gw2. edit: also there aren't any dedicated healers, and I'm not talking supportive tanky character I'm talking sit in the back and pillar hump while you press OP healing buttons. The list could actually go on forever why 2v2 would work better than 3v3 in GW2, but listing them all would take away from this thread.

We don't even know yet how 2s will play out. The current balance of GW2 might not support an enjoyable death match format: there are endless kiters, endless stealth, literally <1sec TTKs ranging up to nearly unkillable builds. Also, anyone not yet familiar with it (or returning, thanks to the expansions' power creep) will likely have a bad time trying it. There's not point in advertising it right now.

@"Spazmataz.7864" said:Fun fact: Guild wars 2 combat/skill design is LIGHTYEARS different in comparison besides the tab targeting, Guild wars has WAAAAAAAAAAY more cleave then wow does, so 3v3 would be just as much a cluster kitten as 5v5 was some years ago in gw2. edit: also there aren't any dedicated healers, and I'm not talking supportive tanky character I'm talking sit in the back and pillar hump while you press OP healing buttons. The list could actually go on forever why 2v2 would work better than 3v3 in GW2, but listing them all would take away from this thread.

Looking at the second streamer's most recent video I'm not sure if these streamers would even enjoy trying GW2 PvP (whatever the format). The pacing is completely different, they basically would need to learn another MMO to be able to compete properly and their fanbase might not be very interested. Speaking from experience, MMOs are not something to switch easily or dabble with for a moment. You either leave it soon or get really into it. Otherwise it's not really fun for competitive players. GW2's PvP is fairly accessible gear / grind -wise but you still have to learn a vast amount of game mechanics, how skills interact with each other, map details etc.

Ringing the bell one time generates interest for a moment, but you got to have the quality of content (and new content regularly) to keep players and streamers interested. That's why you maybe don't want to do it at the earliest iteration of the game mode. Imo, for a MMO, GW2 has an incredible combat system but they botched the balance with the expansions. And looking at ANet's track record it's hard to believe the frequency of updates they provide will sustain a PvP playerbase. We should at least wait and see how the mode will work before trying to get streamers to advertise it.

Archived