Can we please get a optional Class Elite Spec Lore told through it's own living story instances?

Not saying anything like this should be mandatory for unlocking Elite Specs. Because I believe that on the other hand would be a terrible idea to force that on players that may not be interested. But I at least want a in-game option to learn the lore and history behind the classes and the new/old elite Specs we play. I want to see more exciting NPC heroes that rep these classes and their history told in some way.

I think if classes had their own unique story instances with different chapters on different subjects of the class's lore (such as heroes of the past, or origin of the class, groups that the class was associated with, origin of the Elite spec and the founder, etc) can be told with players becoming whatever lore figure that is being presented in the instance, and it can be presented in a way as if the player character is reading a old tome/book but playing the role of the lore character from the book itself. Hope that makes sense and doesn't confuse what I am getting at.

As much as I would love this to be added as well, I can't see it happening in the future because it would be alot of work making the instances with little payoff since it wouldn't drive the narrative forward. That said, I could see them adding a book or an NPC that tells the stories about the classes/elite specs since that would be a nice thing with minimal effort involved.

@"Lightbringer.5860" said:I could see them adding a book or an NPC that tells the stories about the classes/elite specs since that would be a nice thing with minimal effort involved.The PoF elite specs already have npcs of said specialization hidden on the PoF maps, like Folarin Oyekan the weaver in Vabbi. Check out the list of specialization mentors for the other npcs.

Great idea, but imo it should be tied in to learning the new mechanics of the class, like a tutorial. Idc about the lore personally, but Its like 1 to 80 teaches you how to play core, and then you have this entirely new mechanic to learn 1 day... Seems a bit of a steep learning curve for many specs.

@bbop.9706 said:Great idea, but imo it should be tied in to learning the new mechanics of the class, like a tutorial. Idc about the lore personally, but Its like 1 to 80 teaches you how to play core, and then you have this entirely new mechanic to learn 1 day... Seems a bit of a steep learning curve for many specs.

I have to disagree. If a player level-tomes to 80, then yeah the curve for the elite spec may seem steep; however, playing the game and leveling from 1 -> 80 teaches a player a lot about mechanics where the elite spec isn't too much to fathom at that point.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@bbop.9706 said:Great idea, but imo it should be tied in to learning the new mechanics of the class, like a tutorial. Idc about the lore personally, but Its like 1 to 80 teaches you how to play core, and then you have this entirely new mechanic to learn 1 day... Seems a bit of a steep learning curve for many specs.

I have to disagree. If a player level-tomes to 80, then yeah the curve for the elite spec may seem steep; however, playing the game and leveling from 1 -> 80 teaches a player a lot about mechanics where the elite spec isn't too much to fathom at that point.

not if the spec is quite average, when an espec makes you play your profession completely different the learning curve can be so steep the function is lost to the player.i tried the scourge but never got the hang of it so ill stay with reaper, if they implanted something to at least learn the basics i might like it more.

i would love a mini series of small quests that would tell the background lore of an elite spec and maybe give you a bit of training or introduction to the elite spec's various playstyles - make it completely optional (a side quest chain) but would award maybe a simple title related to the elite spec as a payoff for doing it.

Archived