Omega Golems are OP

Straegen.2938

Now that the AC nerf has landed, stewed and served there is no meaningful defense against Omega Golems and a moderately superior force. ACs cannot even dent an Omega any longer and hardly scratch the boon heavy meta players. Cannons, Mortars, Oil, Balistas... last about 1.5s and typically kill whoever is on it. Catas and Trebs are effectively useless against them.

It doesn't help that shield gens also take forever to destroy and still bubble themselves from disablers. Basically a defending force sitting inside a T3 that doesn't have similar numbers is delaying the inevitable without any meaningful counter siege. A T3 should be extremely difficult to take when manned. Instead there is virtually nothing defending players can do except delay with disablers and that assumes no shield gens or bubbles from players.

I don't have a straight forward solution but 15 players defending against 30 in a T3 should at least be able to knock down the siege or at least have options.

@Blocki.4931 said:Ballistas and disablers. Depending on positioning you can also disable golems through a gate.

As I noted, most Ballistas are line of sight and destroyed in seconds by player ground fire. Disablers are typically crap these days as shield gens, player bubbles and golem bubbles completely prevent them from working. A few decent guardians around an Omega and a Disabler is useless. Even when disablers work, it just slows down the assault since ACs cannot kill an Omega inside of 10 minutes.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Its almost as if the enemy bringing omega golems mean its a serious attack and you need to bring in all the reinforcements to fight them head on instead of sitting on ACs hoping for the best.

Again as I noted defending players often do not have equal or even similar numbers. A T3 that took hours to make should afford a strong defensive position. As it is, 10+ extra players and a handful of golems flips pretty much any T3. Prior to the AC nerf, no way that happened to a defended keep without a very good guild and orgranization pressing the attack. Now a medium sized group can march golems across a map during off hours flipping everything even when defended.

Yeah because thats the only way to take T3. If we could take a T3 with 2 catas and 10 people, great. We cant though because 1 guy on a single AC kitten it up. Heck 1 guy seeing you before the catas are down is enough to make you go "lets not".

This is like arguing that invading America with tanks, planes, ships and nuclear bombs is unbalanced, we should only be allowed three canoes and sharing a pair of sharp sticks because otherwise there is no way they could possibly get their obese kittens out of their couches in time to defend it.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Yeah because thats the only way to take T3. If we could take a T3 with 2 catas and 10 people, great. We cant though because 1 guy on a single AC kitten it up. Heck 1 guy seeing you before the catas are down is enough to make you go "lets not".

This is like arguing that invading America with tanks, planes, ships and nuclear bombs is unbalanced, we should only be allowed three canoes and sharing a pair of sharp sticks because otherwise there is no way they could possibly get their obese kittens out of their couches in time to defend it.

Was I talking about catas? If six ACs are firing on an Omega, it takes 10+ minutes to kill it which is more than enough time to grind through a wall or door especially if there 2+. Virtually every piece of siege that counters an Omega has to be line of sight thus making it fodder from Staff Eles. When they nerfed ACs to limit how many can hit a target, it basically gutted tower/keep defense from Omegas.

@Straegen.2938 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Yeah because thats the only way to take T3. If we could take a T3 with 2 catas and 10 people, great. We cant though because 1 guy on a single AC kitten it up. Heck 1 guy
seeing
you before the catas are down is enough to make you go "lets not".

Was I talking about catas? If six ACs are firing on an Omega, it takes 10+ minutes to kill it which is more than enough time to grind through a wall or door especially if there 2+. Virtually every piece of siege that counters an Omega has to be line of sight thus making it fodder from Staff Eles. When they nerfed ACs to limit how many can hit a target, it basically gutted tower/keep defense from Omegas.

Players counter omegas, not siege. Thats the point.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Yeah because thats the only way to take T3. If we could take a T3 with 2 catas and 10 people, great. We cant though because 1 guy on a single AC kitten it up. Heck 1 guy
seeing
you before the catas are down is enough to make you go "lets not".

Players counter omegas, not siege. Thats the point.

This^

Omega golems have always been one of the best ways into a structure.

ACs were never meant to be anti siege. They were always anti personnel.

Technically cannons counter omegas offensively and reflects and/or projectile hate counter omegas defensively but sometimes you just gotta be able to win a 15v30 to keep an objective just the way it goes. The fact that you could use acs, a supposedly anti-personnel weapon, to kill just about anything in the game just shows how broken acs were.

I still haven't seen one real counter outside of crash bodies against a superior force in hopes of killing the Omegas. Cannons, Balis, etc are all line of sight and get chewed up in seconds... or rather second.

It is just too easy to roll over a T3 with Omega/Guild Golems now. A dozen used to be able to defend a T3 against two dozen if they weren't organized. Now a moronic zerg can roll over a T3 with little thought behind the attack.

@Straegen.2938 said:I still haven't seen one real counter outside of crash bodies against a superior force in hopes of killing the Omegas. Cannons, Balis, etc are all line of sight and get chewed up in seconds... or rather second.

It is just too easy to roll over a T3 with Omega/Guild Golems now. A dozen used to be able to defend a T3 against two dozen if they weren't organized. Now a moronic zerg can roll over a T3 with little thought behind the attack.

You're asking for an uncounterable siege based counter to a golem rush with superior numbers? It doesn't exist nor should it in my view.

@Israel.7056 said:You're asking for an uncounterable siege based counter to a golem rush with superior numbers? It doesn't exist nor should it in my view.

I haven't asked for anything. I am NOT saying bring ACs back to the way they were or proposing any other solution for that matter. I am pointing out that since the AC nerf Omega/Guild Golems have few working counters outside of equal or more numbers. The current system makes T3 flips laughably easy.

@Straegen.2938 said:

@Israel.7056 said:You're asking for an uncounterable siege based counter to a golem rush with superior numbers? It doesn't exist nor should it in my view.

I haven't asked for anything. I am NOT saying bring ACs back to the way they were or proposing any other solution for that matter. I am pointing out that since the AC nerf Omega/Guild Golems have few working counters outside of equal or more numbers. The current system makes T3 flips laughably easy.

They should be easy to flip under the circumstances you've stipulated. You shouldn't be able to stop a t3 attempt with half the numbers and a bunch of acs and nothing else.

Is this 2014? Cuz they get condi'd down so easily and can't heal. I think they're kind of a joke. If you're outnumbered, the worst thing to see is catapults + shield generators with rotated bubbles because there is no way to stop that.

Only use for Omegas is to provide a meat shield against the objectivess defended by 1000000001 siege weapons. If anything they should be stronger since attacking t3 keeps is like punishment for sins commuted in past lives, I think. Nerfing them would make attacking keeps impossible.

Archived