[BUG] Domain of Istan is still bugged - Akili & Books No Champions — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[BUG] Domain of Istan is still bugged - Akili & Books No Champions

Dear Arena Net,

I would like to report a Bug in Domain of Istan. Since the Halloween patch, the two events - Akili and Books event no longer spawn any champions, even though the map is full with more than 50 people (a full squad) participating in them.

This issue has been discussed in this https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/58244/has-istan-just-got-stealth-nerfed and as pointed out by Gaile Gray, Arena Net would not change anything without posting about it.

I believe that many people are aware of this, however most must have decided to wait until after Halloween to see if the Bug will disappear of its own. I have spent a lot of time there lately after the Halloween and I can confirm that there are still no champions spawning. So the bug never disappears. :anguished:

Domain of Istan is one of the places where you can experience a robust community of a MMORPG and I really hope that Arena Net could look into this. :+1:

Thank you.

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• The official names of the 2 dynamic events are "Defend Akili while he recalibrates mirrors around the Astralarium" and "Stop the book-burning raid on the Astralarium library".

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
    D. D. Eisenhower

• edited November 8, 2018

It's worth noting that there aren't any champions (or veterans) explicitly set to spawn during the events, but they are both set up to "promote" some of the event spawns as they scale up. There's a random chance that some of the event spawns will spawn as champions or veterans when they appear, but it's not guaranteed.
    I did notice that the "Defend Akili" event does have a lower chance of "promoting" spawns than it should, and will fix this in a future content update. The other event doesn't have the same issue.
    When I manually scaled up the event I had both champions and veterans spawning, and I didn't see any other issues with the way it's set up. Note that the decision to "promote" a creature is made when it first spawns, so it's possible for the event to scale up after some of the creatures have already spawned.

Content Designer

• tinyasian.8941tinyasian.8941 Member ✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018

There's clearly an issue here otherwise nobody would talk about it before even this thread. All the events have champions, elites and veterans spawning however the rate is so low, and close to even zero compared with pre-halloween. You can do it for like 10 times and only that one lucky time when you get one champion, the rest of the times, you get nothing. It kinda hampers the mood. :(

I hope Arena Net could look into this. :) Thank you!

edited November 10, 2018

Update:

9 November:
    -Forced to change to new map by the system, due to low number of players, even though we had a full 50/50 squad and other players.

-Akili and Books spawned champions in the new map when we did it for the first time, still lesser than before. Only 2 champions for Akili and 2 for books

For the next 5 hours, no champions were pawned in these events.

At this point, it doesn't even feel like low champions spawn. They only spawn for the first time when we changed the map, for the next 5 hours I was there, waiting for Great Hall and Pala events, everyone else who still did the two Akili and Books events religiously remarked that there were no champions at all.

edited November 14, 2018

With the new patch coming in, can anyone confirm on the spawn rate of the champions for Akili and Books? Has it reverted?

Am going to check it myself like 7 hours later. Haha!

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@tinyasian.8941 said:
    With the new patch coming in, can anyone confirm on the spawn rate of the champions for Akili and Books? Has it reverted?

My friend told me that he was on the map on two different occasions today and they spawned champs perfectly fine again.

Logging out forever.

• @Blocki.4931 said:

@tinyasian.8941 said:

My friend told me that he was on the map on two different occasions today and they spawned champs perfectly fine again.

That sounds hopeful. Is this after the patch?
    Can't wait to check it out later. xD

• DarkMonk.4531DarkMonk.4531 Member
    edited November 14, 2018

Typing right from battlefield: first Akili and Books had some champs but subsequent events didn't spawn champions for a full 50-man squad.

• I agree. Since halloween patch nothing has been fixed. Defend Akili only spawns some champions on new map, after that is 0.

edited November 14, 2018

Update:

As of November 13, no champions spawn for both events. Only 1 champion after doing the books event for 10-15 times.

At this point, I feel like it's already nerfed. Just that no official announcement is made for some reasons.

Still, I hope that after sorting out all the bugs with the runes and sigils, something can be done about this.

• Just ended my daily 7 hours run farm with 50 pple squad : got champs at our 1st akili and books then all others next events = 0 champs . i guess nothing fixed with last patch and it's like that since halloween patch .

• Still no champions spawn.
    Still hoping that this would be fixed.

• I can also confirm that there are no champs spawning on both akili and books, no matter how many people try to upscale the event or how often you try it.

• Are veterans and elites showing up?

Content Designer

• @Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:
    Are veterans and elites showing up?

Yes.

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

Even GH was bugged for my squad today, we destroyed the gate and when we had to kill mobs the progression bar was stuck at 1%, we could not trigger Sutekh.

• Can confirm as well, Aki and Books are not spawning champs as they used too. I've done at least 6 events and for Aki there were no champs at all and at one time Books spawned 1 champion. They used to consistently spawn at least 5-6 champs per each of these events. Done 100's of hours of Istan and this is not a coincidence.

I suspect this has something to do with the Halloween events' (spawn rate) still being enabled.

• Agreed, both events usually spawn max 1 champ. Important to fix since many of us who play daily have Istan farm as part of our "daily" routine.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2018

@Mea.5491 said:
    Even GH was bugged for my squad today, we destroyed the gate and when we had to kill mobs the progression bar was stuck at 1%, we could not trigger Sutekh.

That happened, you squad missed of 'feared' a single mob into walls, solution is go around the GH and AOE walls

I dream of elves in GW2.

• Soo still no answer about the bug? Because I understand if the champs spawned 2 times out of 10 events and that would be out of pure promoting system but no spawns for a whole day or two? That's not normal to say the least.

edited November 18, 2018

@Jamall.8927 said:
    Soo still no answer about the bug? Because I understand if the champs spawned 2 times out of 10 events and that would be out of pure promoting system but no spawns for a whole day or two? That's not normal to say the least.

To be more exact, no spawns for more than a month already! The only time they come out and play is when you land in a new map and they spawn for the first time. Even then the number of champs is greatly reduced.

edited November 20, 2018

Anyone can confirm if this has been rectified? Gonna follow up every week. Heh. Can't login to play at the moment.

• Nothing has changed. We still get normal promotions in a new map for the first round of events and then no champions at all in Akili.

Cheers!

• LordThy.4927LordThy.4927 Member
    edited November 23, 2018

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:
    Are veterans and elites showing up?

Not like before the Halloween patch. Now Champions spawn during "Defend Akili.." and "Book-burning.." ONLY the first time on a fresh new map, then nothing at all. Somehow the "promotion" due to scaling stops after the first cycle of events.

It also affects somehow the Great Hall event during the Gate phase: It used to spawn between 1 and 2 Champions when there were enough players, now they don't, and if they do it's only on a fresh map for the fisrt time like the other events.

EDIT: As a reference, this is what was common before halloween (max scaling 50/50 squad + 10-20 randoms):
    "Defend Akili..." = 5-10 Champions every time
    "book-burning" = 3-5 Champions every time

• Still bugged, please fix. Last night we had 2 Champs total at Aki with a full squad. Boring.

• Tom.9516Tom.9516 Member ✭✭

Would like an update on this issue. Is this still being looked at or can we just treat it as a nerf?

• Maybe we will have more answers tomorrow with the patch for Beetle Race

• @Deathmortus.7852 said:
    Maybe we will have more answers tomorrow with the patch for Beetle Race

One can only hope at this point.

I'm still investigating this. No changes were made specifically to these events, but it's possible that this is a side effect of other changes for other events.

Thank you very much!

• Want to confirm that Defend Akili and books events are still bugged with no champions on the map that has already done first chain of events.

I'm still investigating this. No changes were made specifically to these events, but it's possible that this is a side effect of other changes for other events.

This was our guess. It is our suspicion that this was an unintended consequence of a change that came with Halloween and since its "changes" were not removed but turned off (still can see rich candycorn nodes for a few seconds on occasion) it is still there.

Thanks for the update!

• @Kahamatabine.5039 said:
    Want to confirm that Defend Akili and books events are still bugged with no champions on the map that has already done first chain of events.

Can confirm that this is still the case as of last night. I'm the spreadsheet-y farming type, and my numbers show a massive drop in efficiency per hour spent in in Istan as a result of Akili and Books exhibiting this strange mob promotion behaviour.

Thanks for looking into it, @Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 ! :smile:

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for investigating

+++Sandswept Isles: Advisory K-4: Don't be misled; with some effort, a charr CAN fit inside an asura-sized Inquest uniform.

• Deathmortus.7852Deathmortus.7852 Member ✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

Try today, 50 in squad :

• Champ on the first Akili and Book event on the map
    • After, only elite and veteran
  • Thanks for continuing to let us know the status of this bug. As you have seen, Jeffrey is looking into the matter, and your continued reports (particularly with any details you can share) really helps!

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Tom.9516Tom.9516 Member ✭✭

It seems that only 5 champions can spawn(5 at first Aki/5 at first Books), anyone has seen more?
    Hope u can find whats wrong Jeffrey!

• I noticed that there seems to be a similar thing happening with champions spawning during the meta event in Domain of Kourna, and it got me thinking.
    It's been confirmed that no changes were made directly to the events in Istan where this bug is happening (Akili and Books, and I assume the same for the meta in Kourna), but one thing the Halloween event brought with it was one of the dailies requiring you to kill x amount of awakened. Now, I always completed that daily in Kourna so I can't say for sure if it could be completed in Istan as well, but that particular daily was tied to at least these two maps, so perhaps that shows a link connecting the two?

Is it at all possible that this connection could have caused this bug? It didn't occur to me that the two could be connected until I was doing the meta in Kourna and noticed the distinct lack of champions. From my recollection, only 2, maybe 3 would spawn when defending the eastern entrance/courtyard of Gandara. I've done this event chain a few times now to be sure that the same bug is at play.

I don't know if that helps, but putting it out there anyway. :)

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.