Suggestion: raid simulations for training

I have no idea if I'm the first one to think about this, but I think it could be super useful for raiders, especially new ones.

It's often really hard to find training groups for raids, and especially so if you're not in a raid training Discord or a guild that does training runs. This is doubly true for more critical roles like tanking in many fights, oil/hand kiting in Deimos, orb pushing in Keep Construct, and so on. So what if we had a "training simulation" option, perhaps in the Special Forces area? What I mean by this is something like: you get your squad up (perhaps with only you in it) then you go to this simulation area and pick a raid encounter, pick which mechanics you want to keep or not, fill out the rest of your squad with precreated NPC archetypes, and then go into a fight simulation where you don't actually get any raid prizes but you do get some experience at whatever role you're trying.

So, as a concrete example, suppose I want to practise hand kiting at Deimos on my own. So I create my own raid squad, go to this simulation place, and select the Deimos encounter. I add a tank to my party (so an NPC that will be responsible for having high toughness and surviving Deimos's attacks), an oil kiter (a role specific to this encounter, and there could be a selection of OK builds like the druid build or the tempest build), an off-chrono, a healing druid, and a bunch of DPSs. I organise the NPCs in subgroups in my squad, mark a number of them to go "down" during the green circle mechanics of this fight, ask the encounter to skip the first green circle mechanic (where you destroy the chains), and have a go. That way, I can practise Hand Kiting without having to find a training group and/or screwing over a raid squad due to inexperience.

Now I recognise this is nowhere near straightforward to do, and the devs are probably stretched thin as is, so this is nothing more than an idle dream, but if you're ever looking for a new project to create in your free time I'm sure lots of people would appreciate something like that, even if it got released little bit little and in pieces rather than being a fully-created project from the start.

Cheers!

Archived