PvP Season 13 Titles

Gaile Gray.6029

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey folks!

As most of you know, we decided to remove titles for Tournament Season 13. By the end of the season, we’d made the decision to restore titles for Season 14. Several players opened their Season 13 reward chests after we made the change for next season and ended up getting titles they didn’t expect. Rather than trying to remove those titles, we’ve decided the fairest action we can take is to go ahead and send out titles to everyone who would have earned one had titles been available the day the season ended.

You should see that title in the next couple of weeks, and we apologize for the confusion.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbh this is dumb, alot of ppl who wouldnt be on top250 or top100 or top25... are now in those places and will get those titles because it was alot easier to get there than the previous seasons because there was less people tryharding, so some will get ez good undeserved titles...

titles aren't even a big deal. If you honestly can't get some of the the titles that been around for over 6+ seasons and one of the many excuses is because you are "limited" to playing then Maybe Rank Spvp isn't for you. It's suppose to be something that ends up getting mainly grind out by playing over 15+ games a week(which comes down to about 2-3 games a every other day).

What Anet Needs to do Is Reward Different Sort of Skins for Each season. Hand Out a Skins for Gold + Players(Like LoL), Each Skin is Equally the same no matter what rank you are from Gold and Above, while still keeping titles around but changing them every few seasons to make them at least worth trying to really get. This Game Needs a Nice Source of "spice" to want to make Players ACTUALLY play better then what they are now, and Attract More players to have a "purpose" to come into the Spvp World to play rank besides to do dailies.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey folks!

As most of you know, we decided to remove titles for Tournament Season 13. By the end of the season, we’d made the decision to restore titles for Season 14. Several players opened their Season 13 reward chests after we made the change for next season and ended up getting titles they didn’t expect. Rather than trying to remove those titles, we’ve decided the fairest action we can take is to go ahead and send out titles to everyone who would have earned one had titles been available the day the season ended.

You should see that title in the next couple of weeks, and we apologize for the confusion.

This is by no means fair! No one should receive a title for season 13. You all stated titles would not be rewarded. I purposefully sat this season out since there were no good rewards. How can you change your mind after the season has ended???

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

This is by no means fair! No one should receive a title for season 13. You all stated titles would not be rewarded. I purposefully sat this season out since there were no good rewards. How can you change your mind after the season has ended???

Moderator Note: Edited to remove comments in breach of the Forums Code of Conduct.

You legitimately have no idea what you're talking about.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Hey folks!

Moderator Note: Edited to remove comments in breach of the Forums Code of Conduct.

Your second line is really what has me mad - how title value diminishes. Since "I feel" less people competed this season, it was probably "easier" to get a title.

I wish I had a platform that would get people behind what I'm saying

@"AngelsShadow.7360" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

You legitimately have no idea what you're talking about.

Please correct me then. :smile:

@"dagger dave.5201" said:Who cares about titles... like they actually mean anything, and you will get the title if your good enough next season so what's the issue?

The issue is that doing to real life stuff S13 would actually been the only season since a while that I could actually fully play, and they decided to give kitten rewards, but then you discover actually they decided to give the titles. "Ok wait I can understand, they decided it and told it before the start of the season? " "Ehm... no" "Oh, actually during the season, like mid season!?" "Ehm neither..." "Please tell me they haven't decided it once the season was over?" "Ehh..."

"issue is that doing to real life stuff s13 would actually been the only season since a while that I could actually fully play"

Welcome to the life of being a casual , I see why you felt trigger by my last comment/post. Don't worry Nuvola It's just a game, you got this season to try and get some more games in or just wait for another season to have the time for it! Rank isn't going anywhere I can assure you that :).

• ArenaNet Staff

I'm going to close this thread temporarily so that the moderators can clean up some posts that are seriously in breach of the Forums Code of Conduct. In a word, sock puppets are bad and insulting comments are disallowed.

I'll reopen after the team has time to do a "Cleanup in Aisle PvP." :disappointed:

• ArenaNet Staff

First, a word of explanation about what we did in this thread:

Usually, when someone quotes an unacceptable comment -- you know, name-calling, insulting, sock-puppeting, etc. -- we remove the entire post. This means whatever the member wants to say about the quoted content gets tossed out, as well as the comment they quoted. This time, I wanted to try an experiment: We removed the quoted (unacceptable) comment but left the remarks of the person responding in place. We definitely lose some context by doing this, but it offered a way to not remove nearly every post in the thread. I'll read through the whole thread again, but I have a feeling that going through the process this time only reinforced why we have the system set up as we do. Seems best to continue to remove the post and ask the member to repost their thoughts without the quoted content.

Anyway, I'll reopen now.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:First, a word of explanation about what we did in this thread:

Usually, when someone quotes an unacceptable comment -- you know, name-calling, insulting, sock-puppeting, etc. -- we remove the entire post. This means whatever the member wants to say about the quoted content gets tossed out, as well as the comment they quoted. This time, I wanted to try an experiment: We removed the quoted (unacceptable) comment but left the remarks of the person responding in place. We definitely lose some context by doing this, but it offered a way to not remove nearly every post in the thread. I'll read through the whole thread again, but I have a feeling that going through the process this time only reinforced why we have the system set up as we do. Seems best to continue to remove the post and ask the member to repost their thoughts without the quoted content.

Anyway, I'll reopen now.

Thank you for reopening.

I really hope you and the other moderators understand the more "carefully worded" frustration that is being vented here. I am extremely surprised anet is going back on their original statement of not handing out titles for S13. If titles were wrongly handed out, one would think you would remove them from those accounts and send them an error apology... Not decide to give everyone titles instead. I am extremely, extremely surprised with this decision

It's sad seeing Arena Net backtrack hard, because "it's too hard" to remove stuff from a few players who exploited a loophole.But hey, it's your game, PvP isn't going anywhere soon, except down...

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:First, a word of explanation about what we did in this thread:

Anyway, I'll reopen now.

I hope that sticks... I did suggest this to you like a year ago, glad to see it finally gaining some traction.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:First, a word of explanation about what we did in this thread:

Anyway, I'll reopen now.

Thank you for reopening.

I really hope you and the other moderators understand the more "carefully worded" frustration that is being vented here. I am extremely surprised anet is going back on their original statement of not handing out titles for S13. If titles were wrongly handed out, one would think you would remove them from those accounts and send them an error apology... Not decide to give everyone titles instead. I am extremely, extremely surprised with this decision

[ Just to be clear. I don't think we're asking for careful wording so far as asking for wording that isn't overtly offensive, insulting, or made by someone applauding comments they made through another account. :) (Oh, and would you mind editing out your expletive using the name of a major religious figure? That would be very considerate of you, because some members are not going to be comfortable with it. Thanks for considering that.) ]

As to the topic at hand, I have no trouble seeing that this decision is controversial, and I do understand the opinions expressed. I don't know how or whether the process of title removal would work, but I know that the devs looked at all the options available to them before making their decision on this subject and this was the best outcome for this particular situation.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:First, a word of explanation about what we did in this thread:

Anyway, I'll reopen now.

Thank you for reopening.

[ Just to be clear. I don't think we're asking for careful wording so far as asking for wording that isn't overtly offensive, insulting, or made by someone applauding comments they made through another account. :) (Oh, and would you mind editing out your expletive using the name of a major religious figure? That would be very considerate of you, because some members are not going to be comfortable with it. Thanks for considering that.) ]

As to the topic at hand, I have no trouble seeing that this decision is controversial, and I do understand the opinions expressed. I don't know how or whether the process of title removal would work, but I know that the devs looked at all the options available to them before making their decision on this subject and this was the best outcome for this particular situation.

Done - I just removed the religious figure reference. Sorry about that.

I don't agree with this decision. I feel like there has to be a way to edit the accounts in question and remove the titles. I'm not sure what would be the negative outcome of doing so. As a regular PvP player, I am flabbergasted that this is the decision the staff came to. I really hope they reconsider.

As someone who also PvPs a lot I can tell you it makes zero difference to my experience of the game. For context I already have relentless (top25), would I have pushed for top 10 or top 3 if I had known titles were going to be handed out as a result of this mistake? Nah. Realistically, I don't think many people would, or were capable of doing so.

It's an unfortunate occurance, and everyone complaining needs to look at what happened (an unfortunate oversight) and realise that it was a mistake, and that individually reverting each account would have been more complex than saying 'our mistake' and handing out titles for everyone else.

Of all the things to complain about, this mistake is not one of them.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"mrauls.6519" said:

I don't agree with this decision. I feel like there has to be a way to edit the accounts in question and remove the titles. I'm not sure what would be the negative outcome of doing so. As a regular PvP player, I am flabbergasted that this is the decision the staff came to. I really hope they reconsider.

[ I appreciate that. I get that most people wouldn't blink an eye, but you know, the whole "looking at the bigger picture thing" makes it better to alter the wording. ]

And yep, I get that you and other disagree with the decision. Rest assured the devs will be reading your thoughts.

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:It's sad seeing Arena Net backtrack hard, because "it's too hard" to remove stuff from a few players who exploited a loophole.But hey, it's your game, PvP isn't going anywhere soon, except down...

Anyway, I'll reopen now.

I hope that sticks... I did suggest this to you like a year ago, glad to see it finally gaining some traction.

It took a bunch of time, and I really believe that the whole "what the heck? who are they talking to? what was the removed comment?" thing is very real. I handled this one to the best of my ability, but there's something to be said for not taking that amount of time, and not leaving a bunch of lingering questions from both the person whose post was edited (to remove the unacceptable comment), the person's who content was axed, and others in the thread who lose continuity. I'll keep an open mind on this, but even if we can adopt such a process, it will need to be very limited in scale and for the most part we'll remove without penalty and invite the person to repost without the quote. Thanks for the feedback, though!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

I don't agree with this decision. I feel like there
has
to be a way to edit the accounts in question and remove the titles. I'm not sure what would be the negative outcome of doing so. As a regular PvP player, I am flabbergasted that this is the decision the staff came to. I really hope they reconsider.

[ I appreciate that. I get that most people wouldn't blink an eye, but you know, the whole "looking at the bigger picture thing" makes it better to alter the wording. ]

And yep, I get that you and other disagree with the decision. Rest assured the devs will be reading your thoughts.

Thank you for your continued replies. It helps. I appreciate knowing they will be reading what I have to say as well.

Well considering you always go back on your words, this doesn't surprise me...Happened countless times beforeYou should've removed the titles instead, many didn't bother with the pvp and now you spit in their faces. Way to go.And I don't get why you always remove negative posts, seems to me like it's creating this "bubble" of positivity where everyone has to be fake and agree with whatever you guys do instead of allowing people to critique you, no wonder same mistakes are made when the critique never reaches the ears since it's instantly removed

This was the first PvP season I skipped ever, and it was because of the lack of titles(as there are no other prestige rewards, nothing to progress toward, nothing to achive). The entire season was spent waiting for the next one.... I won't lie, I find this decision extremely upsetting. Your company, your game, you do whatever you want with it of course... I just can't happily back those decisions like I used to.It's just absurd that I got kittened over by believing the official announcement about removing titles. If whatever is communicated by official GW2 staff doesn't matter, what's the point of listening to what you guys have to say?

Archived