Is Unholy Martyr good for extending Reaper shroud ?

leasm.1279

If you're talking about pve, yes you will be extending reaper shroud uptime, but also running the rest of the traitline which is mediocre at best which hampers your utility/dps all to marginally extend reaper shroud in a mode where druids and tempests are going to overshadow any supportive ability you provide.

@leasm.1279 said:In PvE I'm not really afraid of conditions, so came the idea of using Unholy Martyr as a Reaper shround extender.

Anyone else using this as a self buff?

Yep, if I'm running Blood Magic alongside Death Magic (for a Bruiser/Tank build) I'll always go Unholy Martyr. Shrouded Removal paired with it is a beautiful means to cleanse your allies and yourself at relatively the same time. You're not here for 'optimal' discussion, obviously, but it's pretty obvious such a build would be niche and not very useful all around but it is fun to play around with. If I'm not running Death Magic, I'll usually run Unholy Martyr if I have no other reasonable option (like I'm not running Wells and I'm running Reaper so Transfusion isn't a good idea unless I want to teleport whoever's down TO the boss). Personally, though, I typically don't need to worry about Shroud uptime since I'm usually hopping in and out of it for the Protection buff from Death Magic. Pop in, unload all of my abilities, hop out, build up lf, repeat. Though now that I'm looking into a Hybrid Scourge build this may not apply much to me anymore but shrugs you get the point lol

@leasm.1279 said:Speaking of Unholy Martyr, I believe it was nerfed some years ago from 10% to 7% due to Vital Persistance (which used to drop degen to 2%/sec)..Now that old Vital Persistance is gone, can Unholy Martyr go back to 10%?

Actually, it was nerfed because of minions. What ended up happening is that the Necro would constantly be bouncing conditions between them and their minions, never leaving Shroud because the life force gain was more than they were losing.

Archived