Can Druid solo at all?

lunalightfoot.2657

For story its easy to solo stiff and open world too.You sacrifice bit dmg but you can easily outsurvive even champs with some practice.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBHhV6kQFocFsiVwgVgqFsMJYw/0j6TtJA84mAOTuKQmrkz9A-jxSAQBG4IA4l9Byn+g1twQ8UCmQ1f6wDAAAHCgMq87tm/2wJAAA-e

Thats an example build.Main goal is to hit many mobs at once, stun them, trap them, entangle.You could also use axe OH for more cleave if you want.

The trick is to keep life regen constant to refill AF, when stuff gets dire use CAF and reheal. Rinse and repeat.Good CC and good AoE dmg.

@lunalightfoot.2657 said:If I were to go Druid spec, how difficult would it be to do story quests and open world content?

For starters, any class of any spec in suboptimal gear can do story quests and open world content.

That being said, Druid can perform remarkably well in Open World Content.That's because it's very self sustainableA druid can remove all condis easily, heal and stealth out of a bad situation or just use that to reopen the fightwith full health from a safer position.

The dmg is good and the survivability is excellent.

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:For story its easy to solo stiff and open world too.You sacrifice bit dmg but you can easily outsurvive even champs with some practice.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBHhV6kQFocFsiVwgVgqFsMJYw/0j6TtJA84mAOTuKQmrkz9A-jxSAQBG4IA4l9Byn+g1twQ8UCmQ1f6wDAAAHCgMq87tm/2wJAAA-e

Thats an example build.Main goal is to hit many mobs at once, stun them, trap them, entangle.You could also use axe OH for more cleave if you want.

The trick is to keep life regen constant to refill AF, when stuff gets dire use CAF and reheal. Rinse and repeat.Good CC and good AoE dmg.

you could just as easily go all trapstake celestial shadow over verdant etchingsword/torchaxe Dagger

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:For story its easy to solo stiff and open world too.You sacrifice bit dmg but you can easily outsurvive even champs with some practice.

you could just as easily go all trapstake celestial shadow over verdant etchingsword/torchaxe Dagger

For pve the cleanse is better than stealth.And dagger OH is IMO inferior to other OH in PvE. For PvP your suggestions wouöd be true though.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:For story its easy to solo stiff and open world too.You sacrifice bit dmg but you can easily outsurvive even champs with some practice.

For pve the cleanse is better than stealth.And dagger OH is IMO inferior to other OH in PvE. For PvP your suggestions would be true though.

Don't you think it just might be overkill to use glyphs for cleanse?

Consider the following,the build already has soften the fall which synergizes with Troll Unguent for condi cleanse.Evasive Purity removes a condi on Dodgeand druidic clarity which removes every condition in game upon entering Celestial Avatar

Are there Overpowered Mirages Roaming in Pve?

If I was so concerned with condis in pve, I'd take signet of renewal which would also contributeto faster astral force regen. Then Id still take another trap.

I understand all the reasons you've taken the glyphsWith regard to weapons, I have no disagreements.

Considering worst case scenario, you are fighting a tough veteran/elites and multiple npcs.With your build, you are standing in the middle of a fight, using blinds and minor cleanses to stay in the fight--

With what I've suggested the ranger is putting out more aoe dmgstill has enough condi cleanse and can do a full reset of the fight if needed.

In all honesty, I don't see one style build clearly outshining the other.I think its down to preference. And the nice thing about pve, once you're out of combat, you can just change a utility or a traitand see what you prefer.

Well evasive purity could be swapped out with spirited arrival thats true.Everything else is not mainly for the cleanse though.I take soften the fall for more breakbar dmg and AoE. Survivl trit for CD rediction on heal and elite. TU rechrges AF very fast due to the pulsing behaviour, and its heal is fantastic although it needs some practice to use.I take the glyph trait for the CD reduction and the heal that gives you some life back and AF. This way your stunbreak and stun recharges faster. The cleanse is just additional utility and prevents condi stacking from bosses and gives frequent blinds and lightfields.

Druidic clarity is the OS button and is mainly there as an additional stunbreak.

Its a no brainer build, its only an example i had good experience with and soloed the whole HoT story including all HP bosses.

Most stuff is up to preference.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Well evasive purity could be swapped out with spirited arrival thats true.Everything else is not mainly for the cleanse though.I take soften the fall for more breakbar dmg and AoE. Survivl trit for CD rediction on heal and elite. TU rechrges AF very fast due to the pulsing behaviour, and its heal is fantastic although it needs some practice to use.I take the glyph trait for the CD reduction and the heal that gives you some life back and AF. This way your stunbreak and stun recharges faster. The cleanse is just additional utility and prevents condi stacking from bosses and gives frequent blinds and lightfields.

Druidic clarity is the OS button and is mainly there as an additional stunbreak.

Its a no brainer build, its only an example i had good experience with and soloed the whole HoT story including all HP bosses.

Enjoyed the discussion

Although Ranger is clearly my main, I never used my Ranger in fractals, as I always heard they weren't wanted.

That being said, would you run that build in fractals?

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Well evasive purity could be swapped out with spirited arrival thats true.Everything else is not mainly for the cleanse though.I take soften the fall for more breakbar dmg and AoE. Survivl trit for CD rediction on heal and elite. TU rechrges AF very fast due to the pulsing behaviour, and its heal is fantastic although it needs some practice to use.I take the glyph trait for the CD reduction and the heal that gives you some life back and AF. This way your stunbreak and stun recharges faster. The cleanse is just additional utility and prevents condi stacking from bosses and gives frequent blinds and lightfields.

Enjoyed the discussion

Although Ranger is clearly my main, I never used my Ranger in fractals, as I always heard they weren't wanted.

Na for fractals id rather go full support (if we are talking high tier fractals).With gotl and full glyphs and 2 spirits for the might stacking and buffs.

The build above is just for solo open PvE and trash clears/champ solos.

As druids you are very wanted as support just due to easy carry and buff abbilities. Otherwise if dmg oriented i would say sbeast is the better option ofc.

I even ran support sbeast for the lulz but only low fractals with guildis.

Thanks S> @Shivvies.3921 said:

Soulbeast is pretty good in Fractals with a very easy to master rotation. Some still consider us a meta spec.

Base ranger is not very useful in Fractals and there seems to be a decline in Druid Healers, though.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Enjoyed the discussion

Na for fractals id rather go full support (if we are talking high tier fractals).With gotl and full glyphs and 2 spirits for the might stacking and buffs.

The build above is just for solo open PvE and trash clears/champ solos.

As druids you are very wanted as support just due to easy carry and buff abbilities. Otherwise if dmg oriented i would say sbeast is the better option ofc.

I even ran support sbeast for the lulz but only low fractals with guildis.

Thanks Guys

I used to do all story, open world exploration etc. on a condi druid (standard viper/sinister druid with axe/torch and shortbow, Skirmishing and Wilderness Survival) until I swapped to soulbeast because that one offers more damage.Druid is not fast but very safe due to its self-buffing and sustain. Make sure you pair yourself with a high dps pet that has some AoE damage, like Iboga or Jacaranda and a backup pet with strong cc for the occasional breakbar (Gazelle, Electric Wyvern, Pink Moa). Ideally, you group up mobs and then cleave them down with your torch 5 and shortbow (trait it with Skirmishing xx2). You and your pet should constantly have a lot of might, in case you struggle to build Celestial Avatar, run food that gives life steal or a healing skill that regenerates health over time or gives regeneration (many small heal ticks build up CA the fastest). And definitely run Grace of the Land (Druid xx1) for the might - might is a huge damage buff!

Archived