Deception Mirage Build Guide.

Imuit.9051

Hey, everyone! This is a video guide for a build that I have been playing ever since Mirage first came out. It has gone through several renditions, but one thing has remained the same: the use of Deceptions. Now, Deceptions are normally dismissed as ineffective skills, and that is true in some cases. However, Illusionary Ambush and Mirage Advance are two Deceptions that reward clever use and completely transform the way Mesmer is played. This is probably the most fun build I have ever played, and it is surprisingly effective too! As a reference, I normally hover around mid Plat II to high Plat III whenever I queue ranked while solo queuing 95% of the time. I have broken into Top 10, but I have not managed to finish there yet; I mostly finish either Top 25 or Top 50.

I will say that this is a build that takes practice. This isn’t a build that you can just pick up and immediately do well with. However, it is incredibly rewarding once you learn how to use your Deceptions to pressure, kite and juke opponents. If you have any questions about the build, feel free to either post a message here or message me in-game (Imuit.9051). I also stream pretty regularly, so if you wish to see actual gameplay of the build, feel free to visit my TWITCH.

I hope you all enjoy the video and decide to try the build out!

@"Arlette.9684" said:I stopped watching when I saw the Dune Cloak. RIP!

Is Dune Cloak undertuned? Yes. It could definitely be better. However, it still provides a lot of damage with the right build as Amaranthe said. Ever since I switched from Infinite Horizon to Dune Cloak, I have been doing consistently much more damage and able to put out a lot more pressure; the bleed stacking potential is absolutely insane, and unlike Torment and Confusion, it is not dependent on whether your opponent moves or uses skills. It just does the full amount of damage for the duration. Plus, since your target will constantly have bleeds applied to them, your other damaging conditions last longer as well, thus allowing for more damage. Is Dune Cloak awkward to work with at first? Yes. However, Dune Cloak works best with a melee build; this build constantly has you in melee thus giving you many opportunities to proc Dune Cloak.

Here are some screenshots from both ranked and unranked matches where I played this build. Notice my stats.

eSxCwDH.jpg

wnfpMC7.jpg

xIeHiIN.jpg

90dDxh8.jpg

ZCksOMI.jpg

suxXbl2.jpg

The damage is there with Dune Cloak; you just have to go a different way about it than if you're playing with Infinite Horizon. I encourage you to watch the video again in its entirety, but if you don't want to, I appreciate you watching it regardless.

Archived