Jalis, Retribution and Hammer!

DonArkanio.6419

I'd love to see Jalis being re-themed around protecting and disabling in a REAL sense.Right now what we have is something that wants to give Stability, something that pretends to be the Tank - Spec (lol), something that is able to interrupt and CC enemiesI want to see this Spec really reflecting these themes. First of all,

UTILITIES

• Soothing Stone - Gain Retaliation for the initial cast + 1,5 - 2 seconds for every condition cured || Gain Stability for the initial cast + gain X Barrier per condi cured
  • Inspiring Reinforcement - (BLAST FINISHER) You summon Jalis's hammer at a target location. When it smashes the ground, it creates the circle of Inspiring Reinforcement Weakening foes and granting allies Stability - 5 to 6s, 5 pulses.
  • Vengeful Hammers - This skill is pretty fine as it is, because it's the only selfish-offensive skill that Jalis has | Apply Cripple/Weakness/Slow at an interval.
  • Forced Engagement - 20-30 energy cost (BREAKS STUN) Taunt the nearest 3 foes granting yourself Barrier/Retaliation for every foe struck. No more "Slow" debuff as it's senseless.
  • Rite of the Great Dwarf - (NO LONGER STUNBREAK) HIT THE GREAT FORGE!!!! This is a chain skill now. First cast - on initial cast Daze nearby foes for 0.5s and grant your allies 1 stack of stability (10 energy cost).Second cast - Complete Rite of the Great Dwarf - 30% Damage + Condition Damage reduction for you and your allies (20 energy cost).

RETRIBUTION TRAITSGrandmaster:

• Determined Resolution(passive) - Stability you apply also grants (small amount of) Barrier
  • Steadfast Rejuvenation - Increases the healing granted by Vengeful Hammers by 33% - this skill now applies Weakness to to nearby foes on releasing the hammers.
  • Versed in Stone - Rite of the Great Dwarf (Second cast) now uses higher energy cost +10-15. Increase the number of Stability stacks granted by this skill from 1 to 3.
  • Vicious Reprisal - Forced Engagement can now be used on 1 target instead of 3. You link with your target (900 range) for 5s. Every 1.5s you apply conditions to your foe. Cripple, then Slow, then Stun. If your target gets out of the link range, the chain is broken.

Master:

• Eye for an Eye - When you Taunt you get Retaliation for every foe struck.
  • Dwarven Battle Training - When you hit, apply weakness (4s ICD). Weakness you apply lasts longer.
  • Retaliatory Evasion (REWORK) - Field of the Mists (Hammer 4) and Dome of the Mists now reflect the projectiles back to its source.
  • Unwavering Avoidance - This one would work cool with Barrier on stability

Adept:They are fine as they are. All (in my opinion) have some window to work.

ADDITIONALLY HAMMERSince my Inspiring Reinforcement is a copy version of *Drop the Hammer, i could see it being reworked into this:Smash the ground creating an Echo-like effect around you. Similarly to Coalescence of Ruin - 3 times strike (900 range, 300 each strike)

• 0-300 range = Knockdown,
  • 300-600 range = Slow/Daze,
  • 600-900 range = Cripple

So, tell me what you think about this idea. Does it appeal to you? Would you like to see some of these in-game?

I don't really agree with remaking jalis skills from the ground up. The jalis skills play fine on a base level, they just need improvements surrounding those mechanics. Inspiring Reinforcements, why change its cascade to target location? Why remove Drop the Hammer? I don't agree with changing stuff just for the sake of changing it.

@"DonArkanio.6419" said:I'd love to see Jalis being re-themed around protecting and disabling in a REAL sense.Right now what we have is something that wants to give Stability, something that pretends to be the Tank - Spec (lol), something that is able to interrupt and CC enemiesI want to see this Spec really reflecting these themes. First of all,

UTILITIES

• Soothing Stone - Gain Retaliation for the initial cast + 1,5 - 2 seconds for every condition cured || Gain Stability for the initial cast + gain X Barrier per condi curedretaliation use to be like that... now its fine as it is. stability with heal skill might be too strong. barrier i like the idea but again also might be too strong with the healing itself. maybe barrier for allies only
  • Inspiring Reinforcement - (BLAST FINISHER) You summon Jalis's hammer at a target location. When it smashes the ground, it creates the circle of Inspiring Reinforcement Weakening foes and granting allies Stability - 5 to 6s, 5 pulses.should be aoe target like underwater skill. other than that it's fine. maybe increase dmg
  • Vengeful Hammers - This skill is pretty fine as it is, because it's the only selfish-offensive skill that Jalis has | Apply Cripple/Weakness/Slow at an interval.might be too strong with 3 hammers hitting foes. should increase the self heal little bit and dmg maybe.
  • Forced Engagement - 20-30 energy cost (BREAKS STUN) Taunt the nearest 3 foes granting yourself Barrier/Retaliation for every foe struck. No more "Slow" debuff as it's senseless.almost agree with you. should be 900 range taunt aoe. gain barrier for each foe struck. slow is not senseless as taunt make your enemy to attack you so you want him to attack slower.
  • Rite of the Great Dwarf - (NO LONGER STUNBREAK) HIT THE GREAT FORGE!!!! This is a chain skill now. First cast - on initial cast Daze nearby foes for 0.5s and grant your allies 1 stack of stability (10 energy cost).Second cast - Complete Rite of the Great Dwarf - 30% Damage + Condition Damage reduction for you and your allies (20 energy cost).dont change the 50% dmg reduction please.

RETRIBUTION TRAITSGrandmaster:

• Determined Resolution(passive) - Stability you apply also grants (small amount of) Barrierstability already reduce dmg by 15%.
  • Steadfast Rejuvenation - Increases the healing granted by Vengeful Hammers by 33% - this skill now applies Weakness to to nearby foes on releasing the hammers.
  • Versed in Stone - Rite of the Great Dwarf (Second cast) now uses higher energy cost +10-15. Increase the number of Stability stacks granted by this skill from 1 to 3.
  • Vicious Reprisal - Forced Engagement can now be used on 1 target instead of 3. You link with your target (900 range) for 5s. Every 1.5s you apply conditions to your foe. Cripple, then Slow, then Stun. If your target gets out of the link range, the chain is broken.

Master:

• Eye for an Eye - When you Taunt you get Retaliation for every foe struck.
  • Dwarven Battle Training - When you hit, apply weakness (4s ICD). Weakness you apply lasts longer.
  • Retaliatory Evasion (REWORK) - Field of the Mists (Hammer 4) and Dome of the Mists now reflect the projectiles back to its source.
  • Unwavering Avoidance - This one would work cool with Barrier on stability

Adept:They are fine as they are. All (in my opinion) have some window to work.

ADDITIONALLY HAMMERSince my Inspiring Reinforcement is a copy version of *Drop the Hammer, i could see it being reworked into this:Smash the ground creating an Echo-like effect around you. Similarly to Coalescence of Ruin - 3 times strike (900 range, 300 each strike)

So, tell me what you think about this idea. Does it appeal to you? Would you like to see some of these in-game?

barrier idea i like also but consider it should not make the rev too bunkery . so i would give it to allies mainly to support them.

@messiah.1908 said:

@"DonArkanio.6419" said:I'd love to see Jalis being re-themed around protecting and disabling in a REAL sense.Right now what we have is something that wants to give Stability, something that pretends to be the Tank - Spec (lol), something that is able to interrupt and CC enemiesI want to see this Spec really reflecting these themes. First of all,

UTILITIES
  • Soothing Stone
    - Gain Retaliation for the initial cast + 1,5 - 2 seconds for every condition cured || Gain Stability for the initial cast + gain X Barrier per condi curedretaliation use to be like that... now its fine as it is. stability with heal skill might be too strong. barrier i like the idea but again also might be too strong with the healing itself. maybe barrier for allies only
  • Inspiring Reinforcement
    - (BLAST FINISHER) You summon Jalis's hammer at a target location. When it smashes the ground, it creates the circle of Inspiring Reinforcement Weakening foes and granting allies Stability - 5 to 6s, 5 pulses.should be aoe target like underwater skill. other than that it's fine. maybe increase dmg
  • Vengeful Hammers
    - This skill is pretty fine as it is, because it's the only selfish-offensive skill that Jalis has | Apply Cripple/Weakness/Slow at an interval.might be too strong with 3 hammers hitting foes. should increase the self heal little bit and dmg maybe.
  • Forced Engagement
    - 20-30 energy cost (BREAKS STUN) Taunt the nearest 3 foes granting yourself Barrier/Retaliation for every foe struck. No more "Slow" debuff as it's senseless.almost agree with you. should be 900 range taunt aoe. gain barrier for each foe struck. slow is not senseless as taunt make your enemy to attack you so you want him to attack slower.
  • Rite of the Great Dwarf
    - (NO LONGER STUNBREAK) HIT THE GREAT FORGE!!!! This is a chain skill now. First cast - on initial cast Daze nearby foes for 0.5s and grant your allies 1 stack of stability (10 energy cost).Second cast - Complete Rite of the Great Dwarf - 30% Damage + Condition Damage reduction for you and your allies (20 energy cost).dont change the 50% dmg reduction please.

RETRIBUTION TRAITS
Grandmaster:
  • Determined Resolution
    (passive) - Stability you apply also grants (small amount of) Barrierstability already reduce dmg by 15%.
  • Steadfast Rejuvenation
    - Increases the healing granted by Vengeful Hammers by 33% - this skill now applies Weakness to to nearby foes on releasing the hammers.
  • Versed in Stone
    - Rite of the Great Dwarf (Second cast) now uses higher energy cost +10-15. Increase the number of Stability stacks granted by this skill from 1 to 3.
  • Vicious Reprisal
    - Forced Engagement can now be used on 1 target instead of 3. You link with your target (900 range) for 5s. Every 1.5s you apply conditions to your foe. Cripple, then Slow, then Stun. If your target gets out of the link range, the chain is broken.

Master:
  • Eye for an Eye
    - When you Taunt you get Retaliation for every foe struck.
  • Dwarven Battle Training
    - When you hit, apply weakness (4s ICD). Weakness you apply lasts longer.
  • Retaliatory Evasion
    (REWORK) - Field of the Mists (Hammer 4) and Dome of the Mists now reflect the projectiles back to its source.
  • Unwavering Avoidance
    - This one would work cool with Barrier on stability

Adept:
They are fine as they are. All (in my opinion) have some window to work.

ADDITIONALLY HAMMER
Since my Inspiring Reinforcement is a copy version of *
Drop the Hammer
, i could see it being reworked into this:Smash the ground creating an Echo-like effect around you. Similarly to Coalescence of Ruin - 3 times strike (900 range, 300 each strike)

barrier idea i like also but consider it should not make the rev too bunkery . so i would give it to allies mainly to support them.

I get what you mean, but that's why I also mentioned some traits ideas. I don't want Jalis to be OP super bunker unstoppable machine. What I expect from Jalis is that your enemies will think twice before going all-in for you. Right now everyone's just like - if it isn't Glint I'm going for it!I know about the Retaliation on heal, I suggested this change on purpose because I found the original idea very cool.In my suggestions Stability no longer reduces damage taken because you get extra Barrier from it. ^^

@"Justine.6351" said:I don't really agree with remaking jalis skills from the ground up. The jalis skills play fine on a base level, they just need improvements surrounding those mechanics. Inspiring Reinforcements, why change its cascade to target location? Why remove Drop the Hammer? I don't agree with changing stuff just for the sake of changing it.

Well I think that Jalis could use some mechanical improvements because now it's a very flat gameplay with very little interaction. You basically drop your skill and go on. What I had in my making these suggestions was to make using Jalis more intuitive and complex.

• The hammer thing - I like the hammer as it is but since Inspiring Reinforcement would work similarly to "Drop the Hammer" I wanted to change the weapon skill. Anyway, do you like the idea itself of the Echo-effect on some Jalis' skill? Something that would really hit.

Archived