[SUGGESTION] New Aquatic legendary weapon

Hitman.5829

With the new implementation that allows sigil swapping on legendary weapons without destroying the sigils, I have been experimenting with lots and lots of new builds and sigils that grant 25 stacks of buffs. However, if you want to maintain your stacks underwater you have to equip a sigil of the same kind or your stacks will be removed underwater.Thus, the player has these choices to deal with this problem:1.- Buy stacks of all kinds of sigils that you need for your builds and apply them to an exotic or ascended item each time you need to change your build.2.- Craft a legendary and have only the sigils you need in your bag.

Choice #1 is not user friendly.Choice #2 is quite expensive for an aquatic legendary weapon (most people don't play underwater content)

So, I propose a new aquatic legendary weapon that could be crafted by completing certain tasks and achievements like:

• killing X crabs grants 1 crab essence
  • Killing X barracudas grants 1 barracuda essence
  • killing X Sharks grants 1 shark essence
  • Killing X salmon rants 1 salmon essence

And combining those 4 essences on the mystic forge grants an essence of the ocean which then can be combined with more and more items obtained through achievements only. And finally after a hard and long journey in the ocean, you can finally get your legendary underwater weapon.

As someone who just finished Kamohoali'i Kotaki, I do not agree with this. I thoroughly enjoyed the hunt for all of the pieces for this awesome spear. The collections for the precursor were great as it involved a bunch of underwater kills and gathering. For my character, it really fit in with the lore of his personal story. When I finally got it, it was a great addition to my character and it felt as if I had really worked hard for it. I actually had this precursor drop for me a few years ago before they implemented the precursor collection tracks but I chose to do the collection track.

The most tedious part of the whole thing, in my opinion, was the wvw track for the gift of battle piece. I'm already dreading more wvw to obtain another gift of battle for my next legendary.

I do agree that there should be a cheaper alternative to swapping your sigils. Anet might already be in the process of this as evident by the next patch concerning sigils and runes.

An alternative is to farm for gold, or trade gems for gold and buy the legendary underwater items from the trading post. Compared to the non-aquatic legendary weapons, they're cheaper. Anet gets more money, you get a legendary.

I don't want to see the underwater legendary gear get cheapened. Hopefully, underwater zones and the future story might evolve together.

They are already cheaper since their precursors are dirt cheap.

@Axjoro.1049 said:As someone who just finished Kamohoali'i Kotaki, I do not agree with this. I thoroughly enjoyed the hunt for all of the pieces for this awesome spear. The collections for the precursor were great as it involved a bunch of underwater kills and gathering. For my character, it really fit in with the lore of his personal story. When I finally got it, it was a great addition to my character and it felt as if I had really worked hard for it. I actually had this precursor drop for me a few years ago before they implemented the precursor collection tracks but I chose to do the collection track.

The most tedious part of the whole thing, in my opinion, was the wvw track for the gift of battle piece. I'm already dreading more wvw to obtain another gift of battle for my next legendary.

I do agree that there should be a cheaper alternative to swapping your sigils. Anet might already be in the process of this as evident by the next patch concerning sigils and runes.

An alternative is to farm for gold, or trade gems for gold and buy the legendary underwater items from the trading post. Compared to the non-aquatic legendary weapons, they're cheaper. Anet gets more money, you get a legendary.

I don't want to see the underwater legendary gear get cheapened. Hopefully, underwater zones and the future story might evolve together.

The alternative would be the endless upgrade extractor. With that you get upgrade swapping on everything regardless of slot and rarity. For around the same price as a single legendary.

Honestly, aquatic weapons should remain as they are. Their skins are some of the best skins Anet made for weapons. As others before me have already said, their precursors are a lot cheaper than most if not all other gen1 precursors. Theyre supposed to be expensive skins, goldsinks, and that role they fulfill.

• 3 weeks later...

@Voltekka.2375 said:Honestly, aquatic weapons should remain as they are. Their skins are some of the best skins Anet made for weapons. As others before me have already said, their precursors are a lot cheaper than most if not all other gen1 precursors. Theyre supposed to be expensive skins, goldsinks, and that role they fulfill.

Well, honestly i could care less about the skins. I was just asking for an easy way to swap sigils and I tought a new legendary wepon that does not involve gold sink would be a good option, but perhaps the best option is to revert how sigils used to work before Anet made the change of stacks disappearing when you go underwater.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Honestly, aquatic weapons should remain as they are. Their skins are some of the best skins Anet made for weapons. As others before me have already said, their precursors are a lot cheaper than most if not all other gen1 precursors. Theyre supposed to be expensive skins, goldsinks, and that role they fulfill.

Well, honestly i could care less about the skins. I was just asking for an easy way to swap sigils and I tought a new legendary wepon that does not involve gold sink would be a good option, but perhaps the best option is to revert how sigils used to work before Anet made the change of stacks disappearing when you go underwater.

Asking for the legendary QoL without having to pay for a Legendary is... Contradictive. Kamohoali costs 1000ish g. Same with frenzy and Kraitkin. Theyre cheap, as far as legendaries go, considering there are skins similarly priced, without the legendary weapons QoL. And as far as the stacks disappearing, the only place where it matters is wvw. Plus, you can have the same sigil equipped in your normal weapon, and the stacks wont disappear when you go underwater. I do not get what the issue is, maybe you could elaborate.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Asking for the legendary QoL without having to pay for a Legendary is... Contradictive. Kamohoali costs 1000ish g. Same with frenzy and Kraitkin. Theyre cheap, as far as legendaries go, considering there are skins similarly priced, without the legendary weapons QoL. And as far as the stacks disappearing, the only place where it matters is wvw. Plus, you can have the same sigil equipped in your normal weapon, and the stacks wont disappear when you go underwater. I do not get what the issue is, maybe you could elaborate.

ugh, I already explained that I have terrestrial legendary and that I like to experiment with lots and lots of builds. So, when I change and experiment with 100 builds I also need to change 100 sigils underwater which is a pain. Also, I explained that underwater content is not played that much by players and getting a legendary just for underwater sigils is not going to be that gratifying. For that reason, I proposed that a new legendary could be obtained by playing underwater content. That way, we can swap sigils.

Or i will just be happy if Anet reverts the change they made to the sigils underwater so that now stacks do not disappear when you go underwater.

@Hitman.5829 said:

ugh, I already explained that I have terrestrial legendary and that I like to experiment with lots and lots of builds. So, when I change and experiment with 100 builds I also need to change 100 sigils underwater which is a pain. Also, I explained that underwater content is not played that much by players and getting a legendary just for underwater sigils is not going to be that gratifying. For that reason, I proposed that a new legendary could be obtained by playing underwater content. That way, we can swap sigils.

Or i will just be happy if Anet reverts the change they made to the sigils underwater so that now stacks do not disappear when you go underwater.

I wonder why the underwater weapon or underwater combat makes such a difference, for Anet to change the way the stacking sigils work. Which, they wont, and rightly so. They also will shoot themselves in the leg by making the existing underwater leggies useless, if one could swap sigils without cost. You want 100 build experimentation? Awesome! Make legendaries. Armor and weapons. ANET already changed the weapon sigil swapping for free possible.

Archived