My dream : 15-20 players battlegrounds.

Aodlop.1907

I would gladly throw cash at ArenaNet for a GW2 version of the Arathi Basin.Maybe a bit larger, because mounts (except the griffon maybe) and gliding would be allowed, but getting hit by another player would automatically dismiss the mount. Also mounts would lose their offensive spell, they'd just be a mobility tool, for obvious reasons.

If I were them, I would create like 3 "classic" maps in central Tyria, and one for each expansion, that you unlock by purchasing said expansion, so that players have another incentive to purchase it. Imagine : a maguma-themed battleground, with Verdant brink's assets... <3

Having this as a feature would hype me up sooo much. I'd probably become a GW2 tryhard instead of the casual player that I am now.

I would gladly throw cash at ArenaNet for a GW2 version of the Arathi Basin.

If you’re going to make a reference to something in another game it would be good to describe it, say where you’re getting your idea from and say what’s so great about it, for all of us who don’t play that game and have to google to figure out what in the world you’re talking about.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

I would gladly throw cash at ArenaNet for a GW2 version of the Arathi Basin.

If you’re going to make a reference to something in another game it would be good to describe it, say where you’re getting your idea from and say what’s so great about it, for all of us who don’t play that game and have to google to figure out what in the world you’re talking about.

Yeah, sorry about that.It's a WoW conquest map with 5 points to capture and a very interesting map design, with an island on a lake in the middle of it, and 3 different levels of height, with a point down a cliff, and another up another cliff.

http://media.blizzard.com/wow/media/screenshots/pvp/guide/battlegrounds/arathi-basin-2.jpg

@dynomite.5834 said:Sounds just like Wvw

Well mini instanced WvW would be fun, but to run 15v15 guild fight in wvw with lets say a camp or castle etc as your capture flag is kind hard when their are so many others that could come along and spoil it in an instance... so its kind of just some organised slaps taking place away from the main action currently.. which is fine to a point but I think what the OP is suggesting is a proper pvp instance for 15v15 not the 5v5 or 1v1 we have currently.However what @Justafleshwound.3589 says is true, if some form of instanced wvw could be push through then it would more than likely have an effect on server pops and we all know many servers struggle with that already.I am of the mind though wasn't that what Obsidian Sanctum was kind of put in for originally, though of course not limited to 15v15

If it was anything like Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry in GW1 I'd like it. It's rare that I enjoy PvP but I liked those two.

Fort Aspenwood was a bit like attacking a defended keep in WvW (or defending it) - you had to protect your siege engines (which in this case were cannons mounted on giant turtles because that's what the Luxons did) as they got into position to break down the doors and then fight your way through a mix of NPCs and players to the inner room to kill the lord. Or if you were on the defending team you had to stop that happening by killing the invaders and repairing/upgrading the defenses until the time ran out.

Jade Quarry was a 'capture the points' game, but you also had to protect NPCs who were collecting resources from them to score points, which meant simply camping them was useless and added a bit more variety to the gameplay.

Like the mode the OP mentioned the terrain was also important in both games, especially because you couldn't jump in GW1 and because being higher up made ranged weapons more effective. There were choke points with good spots for ambushes, open areas where a large group could rush in but they'd see you coming a mile away, "secret" back routes which were longer but often unguarded, and control points at different elevations.

(On a related note they should bring back pandas as ranger pets, because watching someone run from a panda which is bouncing along trying to kill them was hilarious. I miss Robert.)

Archived