Suggestion: Use a different nameplate color for party members and squad mates.

dagneyandleo.6378

I realize there are already a frequent amount of nameplate colors out there, but parties in squads are made to prioritize boons and support, which is especially critical in WvW. A relatively simple way to keep track and cement this party relationship on the field would be to display your party members in a different color than the rest of the squad. I don't know how much work it would be to implement this - And I wouldn't think that it should be a priority feature by any means... but it would be a really nice QoL upgrade if it's not too complex to put in.

It's been a request in my guild for quite a while, so I thought I'd repeat it here for views.

With roles like healing and boon support being so key to be near party members and provide them with what they need while also not being able to specifically target any particular allies, it seems like a huge QoL improvement to be able to see party members in a different color so they're always able to tell where their core party is. Something which would benefit the game system on a core level without much effort.

@primatos.5413 said:+1aaaannd :I´d like a function to hide ALL NAMES .. would help me seeing Blue Tag infight .. often it is overlayed with Player nameplates ( at least while in a 20+ Squad) :)

you mean the guildtags? idk why ppl still use stupid blue tags everywhere when we got so many other colors now.. >.<

@"Esprit Dumort.3109" said:I would also ask for something to distinguish the commander. I know that targeting the comm is a thing, but on the occasion I pop a tag, I like to target enemy players, siege, etc. for my squad to focus.

Check my thread regarding this issue: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/1091/improvement-to-targeting-system#latestWould solve this issue.

@dagneyandleo.6378 said:I realize there are already a frequent amount of nameplate colors out there, but parties in squads are made to prioritize boons and support, which is especially critical in WvW. A relatively simple way to keep track and cement this party relationship on the field would be to display your party members in a different color than the rest of the squad. I don't know how much work it would be to implement this - And I wouldn't think that it should be a priority feature by any means... but it would be a really nice QoL upgrade if it's not too complex to put in.

It's been a request in my guild for quite a while, so I thought I'd repeat it here for views.

+1 to this for sure. This is one of the better suggestions I've heard on these gw2 forums in a bit. The reasons why have been stated in the thread already...

Yes! This was a big complaint when Squad UI was first introduced. A dev at the time posted that there is a difference in color, that the sub-squad members are a brighter blue than the rest of the squad. You can kind of see this on the mini-map. Your sub-squad members have a slightly whiter blue aura on their dots. Obviously this is not visually distinct!

I would find it perfect, if finally we would have in a Squad different colors for Squad Members, that are at the same time also Guild Members from your Guild ..

That is a seriously problem.. the moment you join a Squad, you kind of feel completely lost from your Guild members, because everyone in a squad is just nothing bit one single big blob that gets displayed in map with the same color. You dont know anymore, where among all those people actually people are, which you know and where you actually want to know, where they are on the map exactly.

People know always where the Commander is, because he has his own unique icon, but everthing else gets just displayed as big blob and this can't be right.We see Guild Members as Yellow Spots on the map and the moment we are all in the same blob, it all turns into a blue for everyone.

This needs to get changed. The map icon colors need to become more specific of the status of each player for the players.

Blue = Squad Member with no other Relationship to youYellow = Guild MemberGreen = FriendOrange = Squad Member that is also Guild MemberPurple = Squad Member that is also Friend but not Guild Member from your Guild tooRed = Officer

Something like that maybe would help alot already

I'd like more colour variation. The problem is the actual colour being picked since I'm colourblind. For example, at the moment I literally cannot tell the difference between a friendly aoe circle and an enemy aoe circle. I can barely see the red on objective caps and that's only if I actually stand right next to it and zoom in. Thin lines on the ground are impossible to see. Yellow and green also often look the same for me, especially when it's on a small moving object.

@Chaba.5410 said:Yes! This was a big complaint when Squad UI was first introduced. A dev at the time posted that there is a difference in color, that the sub-squad members are a brighter blue than the rest of the squad. You can kind of see this on the mini-map. Your sub-squad members have a slightly whiter blue aura on their dots. Obviously this is not visually distinct!Anets official dev answer was that we all can totally see the difference because one shade of blue isnt the same as nearly the exact same shade of blue so they're not going to fix it, there is no problem.

So this thread is fairly pointless.

@Nate.3927 said:I'd like more colour variation. The problem is the actual colour being picked since I'm colourblind. For example, at the moment I literally cannot tell the difference between a friendly aoe circle and an enemy aoe circle. I can barely see the red on objective caps and that's only if I actually stand right next to it and zoom in. Thin lines on the ground are impossible to see. Yellow and green also often look the same for me, especially when it's on a small moving object.

Research Reshade and their Colorblind filters. The plugin is not GW2 specific and its widely popular so I'm pretty sure someone somewhere has achieved a good filter for the type of colorblindness you've got. Good luck!

• 2 years later...