Take the stealth away from DE on dodge roll, revert it back to OG

Crab Fear.1624

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Don't make bad thieves feel good.We should kitten...we should cry..so when we win there can be no doubt who the better player is.

Take away the dodge roll cheeze from all classes. Stop killing your own game

Stop giving dodge more mechanics and bonusesand i dont think devz care i think more skillz will be added on dodge

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:No no, pls full counter on dodge roll, stone signet on dodge roll, spinal shivers on dodge roll, infused light on dodge roll pls.

distortion on do- oh wait

How about distortion, break stun, clear conditions and reflect projectiles on successful do-oh wait... nvm, accidently pressed a shatter skill mid dodge and also have boons, damage output and ambush skills...

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Oh nice, can eles have an aura on dr as well?

We have the Arcane trait lmao

I know but 10s icd on watered down weapon skills is not really impressive.

But if they put that on dodge it will get nerfed ?

Well get a shatterstone buff tho ?

I wouldn't mind a free shatterstone on dr baseline. Maybe it will finally get some use.

I got another idea, that i allready wrote at another de discuss: stealth only stackable if you have shadow arts!

So you have a dmg lose by shadowarts but for that perma stealth and otherwise you can stealth only 3sec.

If you think that's not enough, ok! You also can't reset stealth at all as long you are already stealthed (and with shadow you can ignore that/ maybe get a 5sec cd before you can)

So stack stealth also not possible for other classes and maybe thief with shadow gets that unice ability at future :)

I have an idea.Lets conect Stealth with Reveal.The more you are in stealth the more you will get revealed after.Lets say DE will stack up 7 s of Stealth. After it finishes he gets automatically 7x of Revealed.First of all it will support Core Thieves with Revealed Training traited inAnd secondly it will make DE have to reconsider more if they want to stack stealth or stealth so often cuz they would simply stack a lot of reveal on themselves. which would lead to them getting butt loved a lot

EDIT : Same for All stealth using classes. Yes i am glaring at you Holos and Mirages and Boonbeasts

I don't think stealth on dodge is the problem, I think the problem is endurance regen. Between energy sigil, adventurer rune, orrian truffle and vigor, de just has access to too much endurance for dodges leading to permaspam dodge stealths. Hopefully with the upcoming changes to runes and sigils energy will get a look at.

@"Caedmon.6798" said:Play De without silent scope and come back here with the amazing you results you got.Stealth on dodge is necessary for this gameplay.Also learn to understand that dodges are being wasted to gain stealth above avoiding damage most of the time,maybe make use of that.

Players like myself made it work before any of the silent scope changes. Some of the DEs were legendary level, and also if you review some of the Lord Hizen DE videos you can see he was quite successful even prior to this change in WvW.

You can see other videos in SPvP with top thieves like Vallun rocking it before this update.

Perhaps a compromise between the oldest version and the current one, or put a cooldown back on silent scope; the second version was 10 sec cd, unless kneeling.

In conclusion, no I don't agree.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Caedmon.6798" said:Play De without silent scope and come back here with the amazing you results you got.Stealth on dodge is necessary for this gameplay.Also learn to understand that dodges are being wasted to gain stealth above avoiding damage most of the time,maybe make use of that.

Players like myself made it work before any of the silent scope changes. Some of the DEs were legendary level, and also if you review some of the
DE videos you can see he was quite successful even prior to this change in WvW.

You can see other videos in SPvP with top thieves like Vallun rocking it before this update.

Perhaps a compromise between the oldest version and the current one, or put a cooldown back on silent scope; the second version was 10 sec cd, unless kneeling.

In conclusion, no I don't agree.

its not as important in spvp as it is in WvW. in WvW you are more likely outnumbered as deadeye, in spvp you should be the one outnumbering.as for lord hizens video, before the rework we still had stealth on silent scope trait and more importantly we had auto malice gain, meaning we didnt need to attack before the big shot wich is basically the reason we got this silent scope change from kneel to dodge. oh and as i was told by members of lord hizens guild (after they told me to stop playing this 'broken spec', while they run deadeyes themselves), that he doesnt really play deadeye - just makes the videos so anet might take action against it. wich is probably the reason why he is playing so inefficient. still playing zerker and stalking targets way too long before he dares to attack and then fighting lords with BQoBK :3

your right we dont need stealth on dodge, if we should be pushed into frontloaded ambush playstyle. in wich case our ambush would have to be improved again. like it was before the rework: fast malice gain without attacking to open with the potential oneshot. aslong as we per design should rather weave stealth and play a little more interactive, i do think we need it on dodge. i think the main issue is the amount of damage of 0 malice attacks. the base damage for malice stealth attacks (seperate from the core/dd stealth attacks) should be lowered and the scaling increased. to push deadeyes away from the frontloaded damage into a more interactive fight.

Archived