Do you feel like revenant has become stronger?

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Revenant meta pvp/roamingbuilds are still kinda the same.

Damage (i.e. burst) is great, but the sustain is relatively easy for a decent enemy to counter. I mean glints heal is situationally amazing but kinda lackluster in duels, shiroheal is situationally terrible since it forces you to pressure when its sometimes the last thing you should do.

Still got Good (not great) mobility with permaswiftness, 2 "blink", allthough the "blinks" costs quite a bit. Id say the mobility is somewhat comparable to a warrior, except it requires a target to blink.

Great engage, decent disengage, great burst, very situational healing.Struggles quite a bit if the enemy can keep their distance OR stick too close to you. Kind of hard to fight in that perfect "midrange".

@"Noha.3749" said:Revenant meta pvp/roamingbuilds are still kinda the same.

Damage (i.e. burst) is great, but the sustain is relatively easy for a decent enemy to counter. I mean glints heal is situationally amazing but kinda lackluster in duels, shiroheal is situationally terrible since it forces you to pressure when its sometimes the last thing you should do.

Still got Good (not great) mobility with permaswiftness, 2 "blink", allthough the "blinks" costs quite a bit. Id say the mobility is somewhat comparable to a warrior, except it requires a target to blink.

Great engage, decent disengage, great burst, very situational healing.Struggles quite a bit if the enemy can keep their distance OR stick too close to you. Kind of hard to fight in that perfect "midrange".Permaswiftness? Can't see that in any combat lasting more than 15 seconds tbh with all those "buffs" to herald trait line. Unless somebody chose Rapid Flow over something else

Thank you for your votes, guess I'll stay away from this trash for now. Can't stomach rolling a mesmer just so I can solo roam on WvW

Of course it has become more viable because we have a power meta. 90% of the time I don't even run a condi cleanse these days.

Revenant has always been strong in power matchups. Duelling them on power reaper has always been a pain in the ass when the player behind the build was at least semi decent and could memorize the (not so difficult) burst combos.

In WvW it never left the state of overpowered (in power matchups) because of un-nerfed staff5 and weaponswap burst sigils.

People stating revenant (= power-shiro) was weak just were never competent enough to see the bigger picture.

edit:Patch Notes - remarkable for roaming revenants:

Sigil of Cleansing

• old: Remove 1 condition when you swap to this weapon while in combat. (Cooldown: 9 Seconds)
  • new: Remove 3 conditions when you swap to this weapon while in combat. (Cooldown: 9 Seconds) PvP Split: 1 condition

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

@"Noha.3749" said:Revenant meta pvp/roamingbuilds are still kinda the same.

Great engage, decent disengage, great burst, very situational healing.Struggles quite a bit if the enemy can keep their distance OR stick too close to you. Kind of hard to fight in that perfect "midrange".Permaswiftness? Can't see that in any combat lasting more than 15 seconds tbh with all those "buffs" to herald trait line. Unless somebody chose Rapid Flow over something else

Thank you for your votes, guess I'll stay away from this trash for now. Can't stomach rolling a mesmer just so I can solo roam on WvW

Trash? I would have to say that Revenant is far from trash.

@Dace.8173 said:

@Noha.3749 said:Revenant meta pvp/roamingbuilds are still kinda the same.

Trash? I would have to say that Revenant is far from trash.Sorry for offensive wrong wording. What I wanted to say is that there are some things I want to do but will never be able to do on revenant. For example 1vs3 CC heavy comps (like mesmers lmao)

@Noha.3749 said:well excuse me for not specifying that herald got perma swiftness
OOC
. >_>Yeah, because otherwise rev's got neverending OOC gapclosers without any energy consumption (phase traversal and unyielding anguish).You start to notice dire need of extra movement speed when every single roamers just runs out to reset a fight.

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

Trash? I would have to say that Revenant is far from trash.Sorry for offensive wrong wording. What I wanted to say is that there are some things I want to do but will never be able to do on revenant. For example 1vs3 CC heavy comps (like mesmers lmao)

@Noha.3749 said:well excuse me for not specifying that herald got perma swiftness
OOC
. >_>Yeah, because otherwise rev's got neverending OOC gapclosers without any energy consumption (phase traversal and unyielding anguish).You start to notice dire need of extra movement speed when every single roamers just runs out to reset a fight.

They aren't going to give Revenant the ability to play like Mesmer. So if you want to do the things Mesmer does then you just need to play Mesmer as opposed to hoping that they change Revenant to play like Mesmer. Revenant, taken on its own and not being expected to perform like another profession, is actually good. It's not the best it could be but it isn't the worst either.

@Dace.8173 said:

OOC

They aren't going to give Revenant the ability to play like Mesmer. So if you want to do the things Mesmer does then you just need to play Mesmer as opposed to hoping that they change Revenant to play like Mesmer. Revenant, taken on its own and not being expected to perform like another profession, is actually good. It's not the best it could be but it isn't the worst either.

It's funny but yesterday I've tried that traiblazer (and celestial too) + runes of tormenting build on Wv Wand I actually managed to farm some of those condi mirages thanks to stupid high heals from torment. Doubt it will last however

• 2 weeks later...

With the exception of Sword #1, Hammer #2 and Staff #5, everything else on Rev has only gotten buffs since release.

Revenant has absolutely become a stronger class.

1. (Raids) Both Power and Condi Rev builds are now raid viable.

2. (Raids) Renegade is ridiculously OP, able to provide huge heals to the team through Soulcleave Summit while dealing some of the highest condi dps in the game on large hitboxes.

3. (Raids) Shortbow went from crap in PvE to a meta-weapon used in raid DPS rotations.

4. (WvW) Herald rework shot the damage multipliers on Revenant through the roof, essentially bringing back the pirate ship rev into WvW.

5. (PvP) Sword #4 and #5 hit like a truck, while applying powerful conditions. Revenant is now quite good in PvP in the hands of someone who knows how to play one.

Granted, while this is mainly a PvE perspective, I do feel Revenant is also faring a lot better in other game modes as well. Saying things like "Oh, Revenant is only good because of OH sword" is a pretty shallow thing to say. Literally the only other offhand choices are Axe an Shield. It's not that sword is OP, but rather that Axe is outdated and in desperate need of a buff, while Shield always sucked. Saying things like "Oh it's just because Revenant can blink through hill, lol" kinda misses the point, since Revenant was always intended to do that kind of thing. Literally Sword #3 glues you to your target. Back during HoT interviews they stated it was supposed to be a class with high in-combat mobility while having poor disengages, and that's exactly what we got.

@"Kain Francois.4328" said:With the exception of Sword #1, Hammer #2 and Staff #5, everything else on Rev has only gotten buffs since release.

2. (Raids) Renegade is ridiculously OP, able to provide huge heals to the team through Soulcleave Summit while dealing some of the highest condi dps in the game on large hitboxes.

3. (Raids) Shortbow went from kitten in PvE to a meta-weapon used in raid DPS rotations.

4. (WvW) Herald rework shot the damage multipliers on Revenant through the roof, essentially bringing back the pirate ship rev into WvW.

5. (PvP) Sword #4 and #5 hit like a truck, while applying powerful conditions. Revenant is now quite good in PvP in the hands of someone who knows how to play one.

Granted, while this is mainly a PvE perspective, I do feel Revenant is also faring a lot better in other game modes as well. Saying things like "Oh, Revenant is only good because of OH sword" is a pretty shallow thing to say. Literally the only other offhand choices are Axe an Shield. It's not that sword is OP, but rather that Axe is outdated and in desperate need of a buff, while Shield always sucked. Saying things like "Oh it's just because Revenant can blink through hill, lol" kinda misses the point, since Revenant was always intended to do that kind of thing. Literally Sword #3 glues you to your target. Back during HoT interviews they stated it was supposed to be a class with high in-combat mobility while having poor disengages, and that's exactly what we got.

In pve world damage is decent. However, you take anything but OH sword into pvp and you won't kill anything because everyone else has so much sustain and damage mitigation on top of ridiculous amounts of cc and many have significantly better mobility both in combat and outside of combat. Rev is carried in pvp by OH sword because when it was reworked they basically just made it a better axe and gave it stupidly high damage allowing it to one shot stuff.

And as far as having been buffed/nerfed: the entirety of MH sword was nerfed multiple times since HoT was released, staff had damage reductions, and they still haven't removed the root on shield 5 (garbage design to begin with) Shiro got nerfed by the removal of quickness on impossible odds for pvp (in pve it was a buff). Energy costs have been increased on things like shiro roll while also nerfing the endurance gain (was probably a good change overall, but it still counts as a nerf). Also meta wise, rev is weaker now than at HoT release due to the existence of condi mirage and scourge. That's my view of it at least.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:i'm not saying Rev shouldn;t be buffed to keep up with power creep, just that it feels stronger than HoT.

How is that? At HoT release Rev had a 50% boon duration share buff and was found in each raid group; Precission Strike targeted stealth foes, Unrelenting Assault striked 7 times, Phase Traversal cost was 20, we could revive allied at increased pace and share damage turned into healing while rezzing with our rezzed allies. Impossible Odds provided us quickness, we applied vulnerability on crits; both Equilibrium and Surge of the Mist hit like a truck and condi Rev was viable (and strong) in PvP. How in the hell current Rev (which isn't but a watered-down, straightforward dull version of the old Rev) can FEEL STRONGER than HoT Rev? We do less damage, lower burst, our energy cost are higher, our procs weaker and we have worse tools to deal with stealth or builds farting condis.

@Ario.8964 said:

@"Kain Francois.4328" said:With the exception of Sword #1, Hammer #2 and Staff #5, everything else on Rev has only gotten buffs since release.

3. (Raids) Shortbow went from kitten in PvE to a meta-weapon used in raid DPS rotations.

Granted, while this is mainly a PvE perspective, I do feel Revenant is also faring a lot better in other game modes as well. Saying things like "Oh, Revenant is only good because of OH sword" is a pretty shallow thing to say. Literally the only other offhand choices are Axe an Shield. It's not that sword is OP, but rather that Axe is outdated and in desperate need of a buff, while Shield always sucked. Saying things like "Oh it's just because Revenant can blink through hill, lol" kinda misses the point, since Revenant was
always
intended to do that kind of thing. Literally Sword #3 glues you to your target. Back during HoT interviews they stated it was supposed to be a class with high in-combat mobility while having poor disengages, and that's exactly what we got.

In pve world damage is decent. However, you take anything but OH sword into pvp and you won't kill anything because everyone else has so much sustain and damage mitigation on top of ridiculous amounts of cc and many have significantly better mobility both in combat and outside of combat. Rev is carried in pvp by OH sword because when it was reworked they basically just made it a better axe and gave it stupidly high damage allowing it to one shot stuff.

And as far as having been buffed/nerfed: the entirety of MH sword was nerfed multiple times since HoT was released, staff had damage reductions, and they still haven't removed the root on shield 5 (garbage design to begin with) Shiro got nerfed by the removal of quickness on impossible odds for pvp (in pve it was a buff). Energy costs have been increased on things like shiro roll while also nerfing the endurance gain (was probably a good change overall, but it still counts as a nerf). Also meta wise, rev is weaker now than at HoT release due to the existence of condi mirage and scourge. That's my view of it at least.

Thank you. Couldn't say it better myself. The entire class has gotten mostly nerfs and the damage is propped up so ridiculously by a broken OH sword that people are actually arguing rev is OP now.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:

Granted, while this is mainly a PvE perspective, I do feel Revenant is also faring a lot better in other game modes as well. Saying things like "Oh, Revenant is only good because of OH sword" is a pretty shallow thing to say. Literally the only other offhand choices are Axe an Shield. It's not that sword is OP, but rather that Axe is outdated and in desperate need of a buff, while Shield always sucked. Saying things like "Oh it's just because Revenant can blink through hill, lol" kinda misses the point, since Revenant was
always
intended to do that kind of thing. Literally Sword #3 glues you to your target. Back during HoT interviews they stated it was supposed to be a class with high in-combat mobility while having poor disengages, and that's exactly what we got.

Thank you. Couldn't say it better myself. The entire class has gotten mostly nerfs and the damage is propped up so ridiculously by a broken OH sword that people are actually arguing rev is OP now.

Worst thing about it is most revs out there dislike OH sword for being as strong as it is. We want to fix the problem but now everyone else just wants to nerf rev sustain and defense more further forcing it into a 1 shot role.

@Ario.8964 said:

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:

always

Worst thing about it is most revs out there dislike OH sword for being as strong as it is. We want to fix the problem but now everyone else just wants to nerf rev sustain and defense more further forcing it into a 1 shot role.

Or change staff.

Archived