Survivability of a FULL VIPER Scourge/Necro

tinyasian.8941

Hey guys, recently started playing Necro, specializing in Scourge. It's super fun cause I don't die during my farms in Istan (LOL) and in open world, I don't have to be so careful and watch my health. But that's because im using Carrion armors.

I am planning to put a full viper gears to see some sweet condi(s); will i expect the same survivability or i will just be another glass canon?

I use Necro only for open world, enjoying the minions and the fact I can be careless in game and tank mobs.

It will be another other glass cannon, it would come to dodge or die, you can get dagger( losing that sweet staf AOEs) for live force and F5 but I would say get couple of of tralblazer/dire. Istan with lags and visual clusters and filled up maps and lags again. You can dodge and find self down to 10% or juts down :)

When I was running Istan on necro I used my wvw armor tralblazer and pve viper trinkets/weapons. Runes were Unleaded but then i changed to Mercy. Hope this helps.

P.S. also mobs in Pala scale in level, I could facetank 3-4 vets in OW on necro but 3-4 lv 84 mobs are tough to deal with. Durability was a key to run back after Iberu for loot trough all those.

@phs.6089 said:It will be another other glass cannon, it would come to dodge or die, you can get dagger( losing that sweet staf AOEs) for live force and F5 but I would say get couple of of tralblazer/dire. Istan with lags and visual clusters and filled up maps and lags again. You can dodge and find self down to 10% or juts down :)

When I was running Istan on necro I used my wvw armor tralblazer and pve viper trinkets/weapons. Runes were Unleaded but then i changed to Mercy. Hope this helps.

P.S. also mobs in Pala scale in level, I could facetank 3-4 vets in OW on necro but 3-4 lv 84 mobs are tough to deal with.

Wow, thanks for that. I guess I will stick to my armor for now and perhaps change to trinkets.

Btw, how's reaper for farming or is scourge better?

Yep I have a full Viper Necro and it's definitely a glass canon.

Sure you can get around most of the trash well enough but when it comes to group events, champs and things that can tank fairly well you're gonna notice that squishyness really quickly.Specially if you run Scourge and have to give up that life save death shroud..

In all honesty I prefer to run Dhuumfire Reaper instead of Scurge just because shroud gives you way more survivability than a full condi Scourge will.. plus Viper being a hybrid stat set allows you to take advantage of Reapers direct damage as well.But it's really down to the individual.. I know a lot of people who prefer Scourge over Reaper so it's upto you which one you prefer.

I also main a Viper's scourge for PVE content. For starting out and getting used to it I also mixed different stats for easier survival. However, in the end a full Viper's scourge can survive well in open world, story, dungeons and events once you know your skills. :) Just don't try to solo events meant for groups. :lol:

Viper's (condi) or Berserker's (power) are my typical stat sets for solo PvE. I can get sustain from shroud/barriers, minions, runes/sigils that apply conditions like chill or other means of sustain, and consumables.

Necro has ways to have/get sustain without being completely glassy but there are few, if any, ways to get good dps without full dps equipment. Traits that give precision are about all there is available to compensate but their use precludes other traits.

p.s.You might consider mixing in some Bringer's stat's to augment power and condi builds. Bringer's is not too bad on some builds.

@Anchoku.8142 said:Viper's (condi) or Berserker's (power) are my typical stat sets for solo PvE. I can get sustain from shroud/barriers, minions, runes/sigils that apply conditions like chill or other means of sustain, and consumables.

Necro has ways to have/get sustain without being completely glassy but there are few, if any, ways to get good dps without full dps equipment. Traits that give precision are about all there is available to compensate but their use precludes other traits.

p.s.You might consider mixing in some Bringer's stat's to augment power and condi builds. Bringer's is not too bad on some builds.

Any suggestions for the builds?

use a build from meta battle or snowcrows and adjust to your preference. i use both a reaper with viper armor and a scourge. the reaper uses a non meta build with blood traits and wells and curse traits.the scourge uses the snowcrows condition build with minor adjustments. i'm only afraid of ranged bosses as they will pummel me down real quick. ps: i only do pve and mostly open world stuff.ps2:sometimes i use a support scourge with shamans armor and scourge runes and its realy fun to play in big events, and nearly un killable 8) but its probbably spit uponin more organized content lik fractels and raids.

Try equipping full Viper's or Berserker's, use traits from metabattle, then swap in a minion or three and see how it plays. Minions hold aggro but you can still do good damage to keep the encounter short. This is a very simple way to add sustain to a glass build.

If you play Reaper, Rune of the Reaper and shouts will apply plenty of chill, which adds significantly to sustain. Trait shout cool down and add chill/condi duration for even more benefit with reasonable dps reduction.

A Viper's Scourge can also benefit from MH dagger / staff to generate LF quickly and standing behind mobs while minions tank. Remember to bleed yourself before using Life Siphon.

Archived