Which dye is the best for the darkest tentacles on sublime mistforged armor?

DemonSeed.3528

All of the Shadow dye sort of fades those like they do the Dynamics Glider wing part, you just have to be okay with that color being the front and back middle parts of armor, which the Shadow dye makes almost black on all of them. Some of the Midnight and Shade dye do that a little only brighter but all colors still show that glaring light on the back in combat. I agree, there should be one with for full dark but with the density or opacity of the Bloodstone set.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Now, I understand the question and shadow abyss is the usual answer, but only thing I can think when I read that is...

...your tentacles?

Shadow abyss makes it gray and not dense black, but smokey gray. In fact, none of the shadows give it a dense black, they give tinges according to the color they are based on.Oh, I like calling them tentacles XD

You want the darkest color without a hue, because the tendrils are dyed as a light source, not as cloth.It's not possible to get a pitch black color in a "light source" surface like chaos gloves or the tendrils in the sublime armor.

Abyssal Sea is the darkest dye and it looks pitch black in most materials, with a cyan shine if the material is shiny.But it has a deep cyan hue, so it will look bright cyan in materials that enhance the hue like the eyes and crystals in branded armor, bats in mad real mounts, chaos gloves and other 'light source' materials bluish instead dark black.Same for all shadow dyes except Shadow Abyss, which will make them grayish instead black. The base color of the dye will affect the color more than its brightness.Sort dyes by Hue, and try the ones in the Gray category one by one until you get the closest color to what you want. But I doubt you'll get pitch black.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Now, I understand the question and shadow abyss is the usual answer, but only thing I can think when I read that is...

...your tentacles?

Tendrils. They are not tentacles, the closest word for what they are is 'tendrils'.

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:You want the darkest color without a hue, because the tendrils are dyed as a light source, not as cloth.It's not possible to get a pitch black color in a "light source" surface like chaos gloves or the tendrils in the sublime armor.

Abyssal Sea is the darkest dye and it looks pitch black in most materials, with a cyan shine if the material is shiny.But it has a deep cyan hue, so it will look bright cyan in materials that enhance the hue like the eyes and crystals in branded armor, bats in mad real mounts, chaos gloves and other 'light source' materials bluish instead dark black.Same for all shadow dyes except Shadow Abyss, which will make them grayish instead black. The base color of the dye will affect the color more than its brightness.Sort dyes by Hue, and try the ones in the Gray category one by one until you get the closest color to what you want. But I doubt you'll get pitch black.

...your tentacles?

Tendrils. They are not tentacles, the closest word for what they are is 'tendrils'.

Thanks for the explanation, maybe one day there will be a nice pitch black one to use, I'm a fan of making dark characters.

Archived