Elusive open world candy corn node subdued :)

Shikigami.4013

This screenshot was taken yesterday on Nov 10th. Most people probably know about the weird popping up candy corn nodes in open world after Halloween is over, but they usually vanish within fractions of a second, often only to be glimpsed for mere moments. Yesterday I was playing on a pretty slow PC, which often takes long to load textures and objects, and there it was....a candy corn node just a few meters away from me, not yet having loaded but already visible only by the text label of it. And I went the few steps and was able to mine it, before it briefly appeared in the world as a farmed node and then quickly disappeared.

So don't think you are crazy or are seeing things that are not there if you spot one of those node that should not exist. They are actually real :)

Imgur

You don't need to be on an old PC. I found one of these yesterday on the same machine I normally play on, with graphics close to max.

I think the bug has changed this year, or there's a new bug, causing persistent candy corn nodes to stick around after Halloween, instead of or as well as the old vanishing ones.

Alternative theory: It's not a bug - it's the first hint that the Lunatic Court's on-going plan to free themselves and their King from the Mad Realm permanently is progressing, Halloween is seeping into Tyria for longer as the barrier between worlds breaks down. This year candy corn, next year candy corn elementals, year after that...who knows?

@Danikat.8537 said:You don't need to be on an old PC. I found one of these yesterday on the same machine I normally play on, with graphics close to max.

I think the bug has changed this year, or there's a new bug, causing persistent candy corn nodes to stick around after Halloween, instead of or as well as the old vanishing ones.

Alternative theory: It's not a bug - it's the first hint that the Lunatic Court's on-going plan to free themselves and their King from the Mad Realm permanently is progressing, Halloween is seeping into Tyria for longer as the barrier between worlds breaks down. This year candy corn, next year candy corn elementals, year after that...who knows?

I love the alternative theory here

@Chilli.2976 said:

@Chilli.2976 said:This has been happening for years.

Yes, but ive never been able to farm them before. They usually vanish as soon as you get close.

Good way to troll.

Cant tell if you are refering to the node, or to my post; but if its my post, im not trolling, every single one of these nodes ive seen in the open world not during the holidays vanishes as soon as i get close.

@Dante.1763 said:

Yes, but ive never been able to farm them before. They usually vanish as soon as you get close.

Good way to troll.

Cant tell if you are refering to the node, or to my post; but if its my post, im not trolling, every single one of these nodes ive seen in the open world not during the holidays vanishes as soon as i get close.

Talking about the nodes ;) I think done on purpose, cheeky anet ;).

@Chilli.2976 said:

Good way to troll.

Talking about the nodes ;) I think done on purpose, cheeky anet ;).

Ah Gotcha!

I think the whole pretense of these nodes is the client-server interaction is a little wonky. You look in certain angles, the node is there, but when you actually go towards it, it goes poof. I think it was a matter of the client saying "Is this real?" and the server telling the client, "Yeah...no."

Have you know, there were some cases where the nodes still remained in place. I think I like that, the rare occasion of the candy corn node just able to be mined.

@"altermaven.7385" said:Have you know, there were some cases where the nodes still remained in place. I think I like that, the rare occasion of the candy corn node just able to be mined.

No it wasn't. The node was not visible yet when I mined it, only the text label of it. Then it flashed up briefly as an already mined node and then disappeared like all the other nodes that I have been seeing sometimes for years. It was not one that popped up, was mined, and stayed visible as mined node. The screenshot was taken during the mining, before I ever saw anything else than the floating yellow text saying "Raw Candy Corn" that you see in the picture.

Edit: I misunderstood the post as suggesting my node was one of those nodes, that's why I wrote "No it wasn't". Ignore that part please :) I am not saying that these nodes that stay don't exist, just I never stumbled across one of those

Archived